Gambling too much?

• I have been watching the threads on here all day and also twitter and facebook and I am wondering, is a lot of the panic because an awful lot of people have deposited way beyond their means and have to pull out as it is too much stress?

• @MrWh1te i believe not i think the panic is people are seeing their profits going down at a rapid rate.

• @Daly3174 I agree with you on this. It's not a case of people have put in more than they can afford to lose, it's just people are voicing concerns that their ports are dropping constantly with no signs of stopping. Which is reasonable, if it keeps going down, you're gonna be slightly worried, no matter how much you put in.

• When the fun stops, stop. Or at least get your deposits down to a level where you consider it fun again.

• Sure are a lot of people moaning at the moment! No-one is promised a profit, this place would shut down if everyone made money. It's a form of gambling at the end of the day!

• @MrWh1te do you have to be a patronising shit on every post? Maybe try every second one at the very least. It may shock you but others are perfectly capable of rationalisomg what's going on. Many traders like myself would have set themselves loss thresholds to recognise it as a gambling platform. Especially so for football index as it requires more capital to make the most unlike chucking a tenner on the weekend. Mine for example was -2% which switched to +2 when I hit 5%. With the market falling with no sign that it has bottomed out, many traders who have joined last few months will be approaching their exit point. They are therefore allowed to question what is happening to make sure that don't lose out. If anything they are doing the sensible as opposed to you patrimony stating they've overspent blah blah

• @Dr-Jan-Itor it is a perfectly good question and not patronising at all.

Look at the threads around deposit bonus times and plenty of people admit putting more money in than they should for the 'free money'.

Look at gambling sites and what people would put in compared to here.
    I would never have as much as 100 in a betting site (and make a consistent profit of around 100 a month from them) but I have net deposit of over 1500 here atm.

People have thousands in here that I am willing to bet they wouldn't put in to a traditional betting site.

So the question is fair.

I am saying that i probably have more in here than I should (but am holding) and I am willing to bet that many many more would agree.

• @MrWh1te the patronising thing is assuming that the people worried is because they've overstretched, not because they have genuine concerns. If they have overstretched, they will in nearly all cases know this without needing you to start a new thread pointing it out to them. Bedsides yesterday I believe you were saying that the same people were greedy or didn't know how to read stats properly. So yeah, pretty patronising

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Fuck off and dont read my posts then, this cartel thing is getting boring now.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Gambling too much?:

@MrWh1te the patronising thing is assuming that the people worried is because they've overstretched, not because they have genuine concerns. If they have overstretched, they will in nearly all cases know this without needing you to start a new thread pointing it out to them. Bedsides yesterday I believe you were saying that the same people were greedy or didn't know how to read stats properly. So yeah, pretty patronising

@MrWh1te makes well reasoned points that do probably account for portions of those users panicking about losses and posting all over the place provoking further unfounded worry. There will be people who have deposited too much and there will be people who are losing because they don't understand useful statistics and have no clue what they're doing.

• @Alpilgrim absolutely there would be. I agree. But in the last 24 hours he has called others greedy, unable to read stats, and questioned their personal finances. I don't blame him for tying to calm down the market, but stop insulting other people intelligence and debate the points themselves

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Which are all valid points.

Lots of people here are used to big profits and moaning when you lose 1% after winning 60% can be greed.
    There are people who not reading stats properly (a huge percentage most likely) and looking at this wrong.
    And there are people who over-stretched.

All posts which got plenty of upvotes and all were thought out and explained why.

• @MrWh1te

In fairness... I've spent more gambling on here than I have ever spent elsewhere.

It's a bit daft too. I mean... We're basically betting big in hopes of 10-40% returns... Wouldn't ever dream of betting £1,000 on Liverpool to beat Oldham Athletic, even though it's a lock, but wouldn't think twice about betting £1,000 on Moutinho growing in value as Wolves turn the corner.

But...

I think what's really happening is... a lot of us are still figuring out the implications of a new season, with all the new transfers, injuries, retirements and we're feeling the impact of dividends being lowered too. Not to mention the unexpected spanner in the works like, who would have predicted that they would be 2nd from bottom at this point?

• @MrWh1te said in Gambling too much?:

@Dr-Jan-Itor Fuck off and dont read my posts then, this cartel thing is getting boring now.

😂😂😂

Andy m is that you???

• @Ringers you cheeky bugger!

• I think a lot of people have enjoyed a lot of growth over time (steady cap app and divs) and are now looking at a market which has been completely turned on its head with IPDs and an influx of short-term flippers joining the platform - and they're leaving as they can't understand what is going on and they're worried they won't be able to keep up if it continues to dominate the market.

Money has moved from dividend returners to youth and cheaper players and a lot of traders are probably hoping to sell up and wait until all of this has blown over (either dividend-returning player prices bottom out OR FI increase divs to outweigh the appeal of IPDs and flipping).

Just my opinion of the current situation...

• @MrWh1te I would imagine that if FI think large sums of money are leaving the platform they will put things in place to turn that round. We are still at a very early stage in my eyes and I dont see Adam Cole wanting any negativity creeping in.

Whether the remedy will be a dividend increase I don't know but I just dont believe that will want to keep offering another bonus or another dividend increase every time the market slows down.

• @Stevo I genuinely hope they don't. They can't keep artificially boosting the market.

• The big players commanding a big price per future aren't performing full stop!!!

People need to stop blaming new users, ipds,etc the drops are because me and others don't want to buy into a lame horse that isn't going to win a race simple as that..

People who have bought into them are blatantly pulling out before others realise, so they get maximum benefits other holders need to get into a lifeboat before the ship goes down.

When pogba and neymar etc can be bothered and post decent scores hold tight and jump on.

• Personally not invested huge sums in FI as bottom line - its new and gambling at the end of the day. I am happy with my returns as joined around 18 months ago. You need to decide when to extract and then do so. I reinvest in P2P which I realise has its own risks but offer another 7 per cent on money obtained from a gambling platform. IMHO spread the risk across loads of players.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.