If the spread is related to the sell queue
    holy shit

To clarify I ain’t leaving but I’ve never had a
    cash isa which after paying 10k In says you can
    take it out but we’re having 10 percent plus
    commission

comparing to an ISA is irrelevant - This is a gambling platform
    A lot of people seem to forget this.

• Yeah I’m in agreement that’s my point the would you make this isa when things are good is the most annoying statement on the forum

• The spreads are worse than ever across the board... But that's what id expect during a selling market.

IS was disabled earlier... I had a moments madness and tried to sell one of my favorites cos his spread is still normal, only to be denied and 10 mins later he had a penny rise 😂

• @therock

The spreads are massive to prevent instant sell.

Simple as that.

Panic instant selling just fuels the fire ... anything that prevents panic selling or at least makes a nervous trader reconsider their 'abandon ship' position is a good thing.

• if the spread is the equivalent of the sell queue
    I’m affectively left with no option than to just do
    nothing my top 5 holds all got huge spreads.

I think to IS my port to me would be like a no return to the index and If I was to have sold up a month ago and decided to return today I’d be buying the players I own so guess I’m staying

• @therock said in To people posting this is a trend:

if the spread is the equivalent of the sell queue
    I’m affectively left with no option than to just do
    nothing my top 5 holds all got huge spreads.

I think to IS my port to me would be like a no return to the index and If I was to have sold up a month ago and decided to return today I’d be buying the players I own so guess I’m staying

I sold up half my portfolio a few months back. I play now with pure profit.

I'm giving it a few more days of panic, and then I'll be reinvesting fresh money and gambling with my own funds again.

This is the perfect storm to make money.

'The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient'.

I wonder who said that?

• In most markets there is no instant sell. In most markets you have to sell your shares to other people or hold them until someone actually wants them. Do Betfair buy back 90% of your bet if you change your mind? Other gambling sites only let you cash out at a much lesser percentage if at all.

• @johnboywalker Dan the man aka Warren buffet 😂

• Yes things are a bit shit at the moment for most people, but I alluded to this elsewhere and think it's worth mentioning again.

Football Index trebled their marketing budget ahead of the 2019/2020 season and it's worked as we've seen lots of new users to the platform. Obviously these new users, along with the proportional increase in IPDs vs MB and PB at the end of last season, have affected the dynamic of the platform and there is much more of a short term thing going on at the moment. Although many people's portfolio's are suffering, the health of FI as a company has surely never been better. Money can only leave the platform when players are sold and FI have taken their cut, so they are surely coining it in at the moment, especially with the size of spreads. FI have not spent all of this money on advertising for it to go bang by October 2019. This is a big season for them and they will be targeting consistent growth. They will not want to see the Footie falling, nor constant fear and panic on the forum and Twitter, that is all a bad advert. I believe FI will be well aware of the current sentiment and will take action if they feel they need to, and they will have the clout to do it. Personally I hope that is through an increase in MB and PB dividends rather than a deposit bonus but either way, I am sure something will come. Nobody on here can claim to know when that will be, but the way I look at it, something has to happen, and the money that I have in here is an investment in FI as much as anything else.

Ultimately if you believe in FI as a company, and you have a long term perspective then now is as good a time as any to be getting some dividend winners at good prices.

• @Yellow said in To people posting this is a trend:

Yes things are a bit shit at the moment for most people, but I alluded to this elsewhere and think it's worth mentioning again.

Football Index trebled their marketing budget ahead of the 2019/2020 season and it's worked as we've seen lots of new users to the platform. Obviously these new users, along with the proportional increase in IPDs vs MB and PB at the end of last season, have affected the dynamic of the platform and there is much more of a short term thing going on at the moment. Although many people's portfolio's are suffering, the health of FI as a company has surely never been better. Money can only leave the platform when players are sold and FI have taken their cut, so they are surely coining it in at the moment, especially with the size of spreads. FI have not spent all of this money on advertising for it to go bang by October 2019. This is a big season for them and they will be targeting consistent growth. They will not want to see the Footie falling, nor constant fear and panic on the forum and Twitter, that is all a bad advert. I believe FI will be well aware of the current sentiment and will take action if they feel they need to, and they will have the clout to do it. Personally I hope that is through an increase in MB and PB dividends rather than a deposit bonus but either way, I am sure something will come. Nobody on here can claim to know when that will be, but the way I look at it, something has to happen, and the money that I have in here is an investment in FI as much as anything else.

Ultimately if you believe in FI as a company, and you have a long term perspective then now is as good a time as any to be getting some dividend winners at good prices.

Just call me The Oracle 😎

• Don’t think the sell queue as anything to do with the spreads.
    Sold 500 Andre Silva’s in minutes today but still has a 10p spread.

• @Gregolocky I'm wondering to buy, why did u sell actually? And why spreed that big?

• @NewUser179280 Don’t know why the large spread, but I had a couple of players around the same price and for some reason they had 10p spread.
    I sold just to lock in profit and looking to get a cash balance in place for the ipo’s in a few weeks.
    I was 80% up on him, I held for a long time in the red on him

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.