fi in freefall

• the index is in freefall i have 58 players and 48 have lost money over £400 down in 7 days need to have a re think as what to do

• @NewUser130968

It’s not in freefall!!

• @NewUser130968 said in fi in freefall:

the index is in freefall i have 58 players and 48 have lost money over £400 down in 7 days need to have a re think as what to do

Your portfolio is in free fall not the index.

The index has dipped slightly after months of progress. The Footie has more than doubled since I joined in January.

• Traders win because of very intelligent decisions by themselves however losses are due to footballindex’s mistakes...

Couldn’t be because they paid to much for futures!!!

• Normally I don't bite on these but I just read through all your previous comments. Not one positive and all talking about downturns for the last year. Is there an alterior motive here at all? Anyone else looking entertainment I'd recommend reading though the comment history!

• FI in freefall, sorry, what a load of crap! Normal market fluctuations are not something to get in a panic about

the index is in freefall i have 58 players and 48 have lost money over £400 down in 7 days need to have a re think as what to do

You either picked the wrong players or you just need to wait. I guess you have Pogba who's been on fire recently, Martial who hasn't been playing, Rashford who's got injured and most likely Jordan Henderson because you're clearly a rational thinker. If it was free fall the footie would have been down thousands daily for weeks. Every day. Chill, by the end of this month all the money people are holding back with be in and the players you've instant sold for a ridiculous spread will have all risen.

• @NewUser731 said in fi in freefall:

Normally I don't bite on these but I just read through all your previous comments. Not one positive and all talking about downturns for the last year. Is there an alterior motive here at all? Anyone else looking entertainment I'd recommend reading though the comment history!

Worth 45 seconds! Cheers, perked me right up!

• £217 in the red over a 7 day period for me...the last 2 months my profit was £1200..now its 700 going down like a house on fire ....ive noriced tho kanes taken a hit as hes underperforming but we all know he scores eventually so not worried about that..salah is my other one along with lukaku whos taken a big hit despite scoring in the derby....pogba £59 in red but not worried as hes not playing ....

my first time experiencing the dip as i joined june 2nd ..im just gonna ride this season out,sell most of what i have end of season then re-evaluate my strategy when ppl do the same as players will be cheaper

• @Lukeroro said in fi in freefall:

@NewUser731 said in fi in freefall:

Normally I don't bite on these but I just read through all your previous comments. Not one positive and all talking about downturns for the last year. Is there an alterior motive here at all? Anyone else looking entertainment I'd recommend reading though the comment history!

Worth 45 seconds! Cheers, perked me right up!

No wonder he thinks it's in free fall! A year of losing money and complaining about it can't be fun.

• Haha free fall? Over reaction much? If the footie had decreased for let's say 29 of the last 30 days and had gone from say 119k to 100k...that may constitute free fall.

Markets ebb and flow. The problem with alot of people on here is they seem to think FI is a guarantee and that they have a god given right to make money on it no matter who they buy.

• Nothing is in freefall when Eric Chupo Moting is 61p!

2 options.....

Either do nothing & wait for the change in market direction.

Change strategy & go where the money is.

It really is that simple.

• I'm glad none of the people who are talking of a freefall/crash have a pension, the stress would kill them.

• I've been here 12 months + and whilst this is the longest I can remember the uncertainty and weird price drops going on for it's got to be expected. I think all those who are panicking and selling players etc are those who heard about FI and thought "that looks easy, i'll make loads of money." and they don't like it because it's not FIFA and doesn't work out that every player you buy will rocket in price and you'll be a millionaire in weeks!

IPD flippers have increased and therefore those people buying and selling in bulk has increased so the market is reacting accordingly. Hopefully this will get rid of some of those with no patience an the market will recover.

• @NewUser152715 said in fi in freefall:

I'm glad none of the people who are talking of a freefall/crash have a pension, the stress would kill them.

Saves worrying about a pension then.

• How can a drop of 2% be considered as a free fall? I’m guessing most on here are young and never experienced any financial disasters in life.

• My view is the gamblers, on the index, blew all their money in Benidorm, in August when on hols etc. Now skint a few days before... 'payday' hence making withdraws.. Come payday, all will go back to normal.

• @Ericali
    Exactly this. Good advice.

I have been deliberating this over the last week or two. Like many others, my portfolio value has been on the slide and I have made a conscious decision to step away (no buying or selling for a period of time) and see what it looks like in a month or six. Although I was tempted to try and move with the market and try a different strategy, I am not sure that would work for me and I'm not confident it's worth the risk. So, I'm going to wait it out and hope I can pick up a few dividends on the way (had a nice trickle recently with Parejo, Orban and Meunier). No need to panic and once you finally come to terms with this approach as a strategy it is actually quite cathartic.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.