The Stage Is Set For Pogba... But Will It Make a Difference?

• United have won 2, lost 2, drawn 2 in the league. Everyone is talking about how crap they are, meanwhile Pogba seems to be the only player on the index capable of losing value when injured. He's sitting at something like an 8 month low of £6.29.

But...

Is the stage set for his big return?

Physio Room has a quote from earlier today: "Hopefully we can get him back next week. He started training yesterday. Probably get some minutes vs Rochdale, but definitely we think he's ready for Arsenal."

So... Arsenal vs Man Utd... at one time, the biggest game in the calendar, now, the winner might be considered lucky to make it into the Europa League but still... a big game for the fans and media.

Is it finally time to jump on the Pogba train?

• Sounds like someone has done a U turn and got some Pogbas

• @Advinculas-Index

I haven't bought any as of yet but if I had some cash free'd up, I'd be tempted to get in for a couple of weeks.

Seems like a decent chance of winning some MB a few times over the next week and with his return in sight, I'd imagine some folk will get on.

He is still very expensive though. I mean... £1,887 to get 300 of him...

• YES, please join us 🤣

There's actually been a few recent positives despite him continuing to nosedive, Ole saying he'll stay in January, new contract paper talk, Zidane Madrid future looking uncertain. He's on pens for the next few weeks at least with Rashford out, possibly first choice again if he scores one in that time.

• @Dan-The-Man
    Im tempted myself, just ruffling your feathers
    im going to wait to see whether any announcements occur as the next few weeks will possibly see something come to a head both at Man Utd and on here, both which could result in his price going back up again.

There are 3 factors going against him at the moment
    I suspect There will be a lot of big traders who have been sitting on his shares for 4 years now releasing him to Market
    OLE has him playing in a more withdrawn role than last season.
    Traders will be anticipating the move abroad getting closer and wanting to sell before they have to to avoid the spreads.

• @Advinculas-Index

Yep, defo wouldn't be looking long term... it would be a quick in and out if I were getting on.

I am super tempted.

• @Dan-The-Man 13/14p in commission and massive spread, long sell queue.

Don't see him as a flip at all even if he won back to back mb

I absolutely advocate him as a long term hold but I don't see his price jumping enough to make it worth your while for such short term.

• @Vespasian32

Yeah... I hear ya.

Wouldn't be shocked if he had a temporary 50p-£1 rise though.

I'm not getting in... I think you're probably right and it would be the commission on both ends he'd have to recoup, because I'd be selling to buy.

• Possibly blind optimism but I do think hes at or near the bottom, and will inevitably be back amongst the divs soon

• @Dan-The-Man haha and I thought I was his biggest fan! I hope you are right...

I think he will sign a new contract soon, that would cause a spike.

• @Vespasian32

Yeah... weird to be on this side of the Pogba chat for a change ha.

• @Dan-The-Man taken a magic shroom? Having an epiphany?

Whilst you are... Think about this as a long term pogba holder;

Best case = signs new contract, is this years top mb earner again, utd get a new manager who plays him further up the pitch... He wins occasional pb (even in best case let's not say he's gona be a pb beast)... Price will rise steadily and significantly for the forseable future. Plus he'd be a big beneficiary of any future div increase.

Worst case = he leaves utd for madrid/psg/barca... Drops to £5? But wins a load of mb... Most likely, especially the longer you hold... More than enough to cover your losses.

Plus... Add in whatever euro 2020 can do for his price as captain of the favorites.

The biggest downside I can see is the loss of opportunities if it was to be the worst case scenario, having money tied up in an expensive player where you need to hold and win divs to be profitable.... But at that point if the market was booming...u could just IS and recover it elsewhere.

For me he still represents a great risk/reward profile. These £1-2 chumps have a set ceiling and will be a constant battle to time the sell and find the next. Divs won't prop up their value as they rise in price. Neymar, pogba, messi, ronaldo over long periods of time the best yield.

• @Vespasian32

What's his price at Juve?

• @Dan-The-Man £3-4 at worst. Don't think that move is on the cards... Not a sarri type and they have a packed midfield.

• Fred is doing an average job in cm... Maybe even blind old ole will play pog no. 10 again when back.

• I hope Pogba takes one for the team and scores a hattrick, gets his dick out, punches a fan, and takes a dump on the corner flag!

Footie doubles and everyone's happy 😂😂

• @Vespasian32

I posted this before bed last night, then dreamed that someone had bid 700m for Pogba, with his price jumping 40p on the market.

Until I checked a minute ago, I genuinely believed that was what had happened ha.

Turns out, he's still dropping.

• @Dan-The-Man said in The Stage Is Set For Pogba... But Will It Make a Difference?:

@Vespasian32

I posted this before bed last night, then dreamed that someone had bid 700m for Pogba, with his price jumping 40p on the market.

Until I checked a minute ago, I genuinely believed that was what had happened ha.

Turns out, he's still dropping.gaining potential ;)

• Might not be the right decision but ive topped up, death or glory!!

• If people could wait until after I've been paid on the 30th to top up it would be appreciated ;)

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.