Today outlines exactly the problem with FI

• Having a single match day on a day that should be a triple media day completely exposes the reason why the top players are stagnant.

• @Sol yep

• @Sol I disagree to be honest. I'd much rather the dividends were based on performances on the pitch than a subjective algorithm to pick up media stories.

PB should be expanded to include cup games and MB days reduced to long summers and the occasional quiet day. Obviously with revised payouts to cover the wider pool of players. Tiered PB!

• Yep. Plus i actually feel like we should get more than 2p per share for that media score Messi has achieved today😜 im pretty sure thats the highest score ive seen in the past year.

• @Metropolis said in Today outlines exactly the problem with FI:

@Sol I disagree to be honest. I'd much rather the dividends were based on performances on the pitch than an algorithm to pick up media stories.

Ah, you must be one of the £1 - £2 short term investors then..

• @Black-wolf I’ve never seen such a high media score myself either. Simply amazing from the magician himself.

• @Metropolis you probably prefer the odds on winning the lottery also. PB can be won by any clown 🤡

• @Sol Have held the majority of my portfolio for 18 month, so no, def not short term.

My portfolio has dropped like most peoples, but triple MB over PB is not the solution.

• @Sol said in Today outlines exactly the problem with FI:

@Metropolis you probably prefer the odds on winning the lottery also. PB can be won by any clown 🤡

For example?

• @Metropolis care to share with us your opinion why an increase in MB would not work over a 60p player having scored a freak hat trick and then flipped never to score again? How exactly does that mentality benefit a sustainable market. Please, educate me..

• @Metropolis I think MB is hugely important though its the main thing that sets Fi apart from fantasy football, DraftKings and Footstock style products which hold very little interest when theres no football on.
    The Media aspect of FI is the area getting the least love at the moment we saw this when Neymar won MB over and over yet his price didnt move. Maybe its the uncertainty of how MB being opened up will affect those media magnets.

• I'd like treble media and tiered PB. I never understand why people don't want more opportunities for dividends.

• @Black-wolf said in Today outlines exactly the problem with FI:

@Metropolis I think MB is hugely important though its the main thing that sets Fi apart from fantasy football, DraftKings and Footstock style products which hold very little interest when theres no football on.
    The Media aspect of FI is the area getting the least love at the moment we saw this when Neymar won MB over and over yet his price didnt move. Maybe its the uncertainty of how MB being opened up will affect those media magnets.

Well said.

@Metropolis care to share with us your opinion why an increase in MB would not work over a 60p player having scored a freak hat trick and then flipped never to score again? How exactly does that mentality benefit a sustainable market. Please, educate me..

I realise it's not a popular opinion but...

PB should take precedence over MB.

I'm not aware of any 'freak hat tricks'? A player who scores a hat trick, to me should hold greater significance than a player appearing in the media. Of course, in theory the two should coincide, but as we know the algorithm as it stands is flawed (not all FI's fault, just the concept).

News stories such as today about player awards and achievements hold great significance, but you'd prefer to pay out dividends for second place than a match performance? Really? What if it was a quiet day with player x getting a haircut, or some transfer spec? Over a live match performance?

The 60p player is only valued low because of the distortion in the market. Values should increase in line with performance on the pitch imo, and greater emphasis on PB will bring this in line.

I'm all for increasing dividends, but in the right place which for me is PB, especially tiered by position. That must be the natural progression as the pool grows.

Single MB is fine for matchdays as it serves its purpose. Although Euro news outlets should be included to level the playing field, but that's another story.
    Triple MB though for me is something to fill the gap when there is no PB option surely? Payout 365 days a year. One of FI's usp.

Why wouldn't it work? The platform is less sustainable relying on a sketchy algorithm to pick up news feeds and manually filter out stories. Fine for a startup and huge credit to FI for getting us to where we are today, but there comes a point where the systems need to scale up with the platform.

Opta stats, although subjective at times, are the best we have available so little can be done there.

Have you tried explaining the MB concept to professional traders?

• @Black-wolf not saying it doesn't have a role to play and you're right that one of the great things about FI is the constant trading. Payouts every day is probably one of the biggest reasons for its success. I'm not opposing an increase in dividends, just that PB should take precedence.

• Sold : Wout Weghorst +50%
    Sold : Jerome Rousillon + 15%
    Sold : Admir Mehmedi +20 %
    Sold - Josip Brekalo + 20%

All sold pre-game.
    Each player listed also returned IPD's during the past 30 days.

I did keep hold of one player tonight.
    Star player Joshua Guilavogui.

I've bleated frequently about media groupies vs football enthusiasts.

Your perspective is exactly why a share split was required. FI was stagnating due to all value being in only a small handful of media dividend winners, bloating their price.

The combined cost of the top 5 placed media darlings today was around £20 a share.
    The 5 players I listed above cost me around £3 a share and resulted in a far larger ROI.
    It actually takes a little effort, research and footballing knowledge, those are factors that FI must reward in order to thrive and remain sustainable.

We can each choose what to do with our free time this coming Thursday.
    Some of us will be hanging on to media articles.
    Others including myself will be cheering on the young viking who's been hacking his way through every wall of resistance he's come up against in Spain this season.
    Why would anyone 'cept for the idle, want to read a paper when there is football being played.
    Did you hear Neymar just got a haircut ?
    No ! I was watching a young winger make a name for himself in Germany.
    He's justified his rise in value (as well as his inclusion in the starting 11) with his recent performances There is definitely life in the Croats post Modric.

• @C-Arroyo here, here. Like Halilovic scoring for Heerenveen reserves tonight?

Or maybe not... 😂

Having a single match day on a day that should be a triple media day completely exposes the reason why the top players are stagnant.

The top players are stagnant because they've done nothing of any note in a while. This isn't Newspaper Index. MB keeps the market ticking over but if you prioritise it over dividend eligible football matches not only do you have to draw a line on what match is important - for example if Man City Vs Liverpool was the only game tonight why should any of those players win a performance dividend if the players tonight shouldn't? - but you then you take away the core of this which is football AND you further inflate the top end of the market who get in the papers.

Sorry to go all Duncan Bannatyne but it's a resounding no from me.

• @Lukeroro

Couldnt agree with you more.

@Sol, Punters already have the opportunity to make MB cash 365 days a year. The top end of the market reflects this.

Todays single match PB opportunity highlights one of the best things about the football index ... that you can win money almost anywhere. Whether the player is 30p or £4.30, the chances are the same.

If we did things your way, there would only be value in about 10 players out of the 2000+ on the index.

• Banned

@Lukeroro have you not seen de bruyne this season? probably the best performing player in world football at the moment yet earlier had a 9p decrease...no explanation at all or logical reason ..bernardo silva scord 3 the weekend and didnt move in price at all either just a few examples