Today outlines exactly the problem with FI

• @Lukeroro You could always record your profit and compare it to the rise/fall in the footie every week or month or whatever.

• @Rob-E said in Today outlines exactly the problem with FI:

@Lukeroro currently i think hes got two options..real madrid are a shambles currently it all depends on pogba i think..if he dont move then bruno will but brunos stated he wants to come to the prem so i think either way he will get a huge move ..i still hold 200 shares in him from the summer,at one point he was £95 in the red

Don't forget Eriksen who's free next summer.

@Timothee-Atouba I haven't got time for that. My port is at around 120% profit in comparison to net deposits and that's all the maths I'm willing to do!

• @Lukeroro forgot about free eriksen although i do still hold for the time being....120% profit jesus my all time is only 9.65% haha

• @Rob-E yeah I sat on a few players like Patson Daka and Donyell Malen for a long old time. Malen I had at 50p for over half a year and he's rocketed to 2.30 odd. Daka has flown past couple of weeks.

I look at Haland, Abraham and Skov and others and realise even though I let them go for a touch of profit way below their potential, I'm doing the right thing over here. Just wish I could put more in!

• @Lukeroro just wait till the end of the season mate im sure some of those will atleast drop £1 in price maybe more..jump straight on then

i see ppl in shock as to how the dons got a 250k portfolio as if hes a genius when really its simple...hes obviously been lucky when he joined 2 years ago to have the wonderkids dead cheap when ipo got released..swear i seen him have trent arnold at 80p and sancho around £1.50 ...

• @Rob-E oh there's more gems like that. Just gotta cross your fingers, sit tight and time will tell if you've got onto the next beast of the Dex.

• @Lukeroro thats if we can get on them in time..so far ive witnessed two ipo released its incredible how quick they go up ..gotta be lucky to get them before they reach an extra £1 in 30 seconds

• @Rob-E don't stress on IPOs. They're a bleeding nightmare!

• @Lukeroro the last ones were shocking wasnt they a few sheff utd players and promoted teams etc?im waiting for a few gems that havnt surfaced yet for example mbe soh for psg

• @Rob-E Ansu Fati from Barcelona will probably break into the Top 30 on his IPO release too.

If Todd Cantwell is knocking on £2, Fati will be up towards £3 I reckon! I'm staying well away, I don't want to get burnt!!

• @Rob-E made a few quid off of Billy Sharp but aside from that, shocking.

@TomIrving has it in the money, which is disappointing but that's the direction this is heading.

• @TomIrving i just hope it works for me next time because the last ipo release was shocking....apparently ppl were told the day before they were getting released and i was actually up all night the following evening when they were released at roughly 1-2am but knew nothing about it because i never had any emails neither did it show up on my index massive error......so im gonna be on the ball this time

• @Lukeroro i hope they release a few good ones next like tom said fati is gonna be a machine when he drops ...im keeping an eye on how abel ruiz does because im guessing suarez will be off end of the season so he could be eased in slowly

• @MickTurbo said in Today outlines exactly the problem with FI:

I've seen people pose the Bernardo silva question and explained to them that it doesnt suprise me that he got a hat trick and depreciated because he got no divs of any kind despite the hat trick and as such is never likely too. Joao felix. Same again. Hat trick. No divs. Therefore in my view, untradeable. In the real world undeniably a phenomenal talent, on FI though, overpriced beyond belief.

@MickTurbo - Call me a "purist" :)

• @C-Arroyo fair play to ya mate. 212 with a GWG against very weak opposition for his 2nd PB win ever for a £2.29 player. What times the train to rocketville departing? 😉😉

• Griezmann with PB and no goal is driving me and my Ronaldo shares crazy. How Ronnie only got the one against Luxembourg is beyond me. Disappointed

• I had four players playing in this game.
    All were purchased recently.
    CR7 and Ruben Diaz I sold this afternoon at a profit.
    Bernardo will be put up for sale at midnight.
    Semedo I'll be keeping for the upcoming game on the 29th Barca vs Valladolid.
    At no point did I suggest any of the above as long term holds.
    I don't play for MB, PB or long term appreciation.

"Very weak opposition" was a factor yes.
    It would have been a good week were it not for Castagne scoring a last min goal and messing up my Jan Vertonghen win against San Marino.
    Still...I'm keeping the two spud defenders for Kazakhstan on Sunday.

After that I'll be looking forward to a star performance from Nicholas Pepe when the Arsenal visit the mighty Sheffield United.
    I wouldn't describe it as rocket science though......These days we're more like a hot air balloon race .

Hopefully the a dividend restructure will reward loyalty to the product.
    It's gone stale.
    Right now, I don't see significant profit to be gained from holding for MB, PB or Appreciation.
    At current prices, what goes up, inevitably comes back down, that's a significant change in what I've observed of late.
    As I said several months ago....I do not think any player on the index is worth in excess of £5 a future, not with current dividends. The share split was punitive, as the dividends were not increased to mirror the rises in investors and trade.

The index went relatively quickly from 10,000 points to 125.000 points.
    A 25 fold increase FFS.
    What did we get in terms of raised dividends ?
    Token gestures.
    These new executives have been given salaries and bonuses though I'm sure.

No longer can I recommend the product to friends and family as an investment.
    Right now it's shark on shark, the rest are fodder.
    In order to profit one must be an avid football enthusiast, able to purchase at the early stages of any player trending.
    As with my suggesting the media would be reporting on Ruben Diaz potentially moving to Manchester, during this international break, the timing being the key....+15% over the course of 2/3 weeks.

I've always defended FI on this forum, always, my one criticism was the amount by which dividends increased following the share split.
    Sorta how the Russians felt I'm sure.... when they were all offered a Lada and unlimited cabbage.

I can defend them no more.

I cannot recommend the product to those who aren't football enthusiasts as an investment.
    THAT IS THE EVIDENCE WE HAVE STAGNATED.
    I am 100% certain that others have also turned that corner in their advocacy of the "investment".

However I'm good with this situation, it was always to be expected at some point.
    The UK market may very well be saturated, or approaching that point.
    Throwing money at national marketing campaigns will likely be fruitless.

Either we will continue to spin our wheels, along with the highly competitive betting sites, as has been suggested by @johnboywalker and others, or FI will expand internationally.
    I'll gladly take another dividend rise, along with an extended stint at trading here (as opposed to conventional football betting) , but we'll quickly arrive at this same stagnation once again.
    I would prefer if FI allocated it's resources to it's legal team, let them go have a sit down with the likes of Silvio Berlusconi and work something out.
    Surely Balague has friends in Spain.
    If Hernan Cortez had been tentative, Messi would probably be plying his trade in the North West of England.... and my mother dearest would have probably married a German or a Frenchman.

• @C-Arroyo said in Today outlines exactly the problem with FI:

I had four players playing in this game.
    All were purchased recently.
    CR7 and Ruben Diaz I sold this afternoon at a profit.
    Bernardo will be put up for sale at midnight.
    Semedo I'll be keeping for the upcoming game on the 29th Barca vs Valladolid.
    At no point did I suggest any of the above as long term holds.
    I don't play for MB, PB or long term appreciation.

"Very weak opposition" was a factor yes.
    It would have been a good week were it not for Castagne scoring a last min goal and messing up my Jan Vertonghen win against San Marino.
    Still...I'm keeping the two spud defenders for Kazakhstan on Sunday.

After that I'll be looking forward to a star performance from Nicholas Pepe when the Arsenal visit the mighty Sheffield United.
    I wouldn't describe it as rocket science though......These days we're more like a hot air balloon race .

Hopefully the a dividend restructure will reward loyalty to the product.
    It's gone stale.
    Right now, I don't see significant profit to be gained from holding for MB, PB or Appreciation.
    At current prices, what goes up, inevitably comes back down, that's a significant change in what I've observed of late.
    As I said several months ago....I do not think any player on the index is worth in excess of £5 a future, not with current dividends. The share split was punitive, as the dividends were not increased to mirror the rises in investors and trade.

The index went relatively quickly from 10,000 points to 125.000 points.
    A 25 fold increase FFS.
    What did we get in terms of raised dividends ?
    Token gestures.
    These new executives have been given salaries and bonuses though I'm sure.

No longer can I recommend the product to friends and family as an investment.
    Right now it's shark on shark, the rest are fodder.
    In order to profit one must be an avid football enthusiast, able to purchase at the early stages of any player trending.
    As with my suggesting the media would be reporting on Ruben Diaz potentially moving to Manchester, during this international break, the timing being the key....+15% over the course of 2/3 weeks.

I've always defended FI on this forum, always, my one criticism was the amount by which dividends increased following the share split.
    Sorta how the Russians felt I'm sure.... when they were all offered a Lada and unlimited cabbage.

I can defend them no more.

I cannot recommend the product to those who aren't football enthusiasts as an investment.
    THAT IS THE EVIDENCE WE HAVE STAGNATED.
    I am 100% certain that others have also turned that corner in their advocacy of the "investment".

However I'm good with this situation, it was always to be expected at some point.
    The UK market may very well be saturated, or approaching that point.
    Throwing money at national marketing campaigns will likely be fruitless.

Either we will continue to spin our wheels, along with the highly competitive betting sites, as has been suggested by @johnboywalker and others, or FI will expand internationally.
    I'll gladly take another dividend rise, along with an extended stint at trading here (as opposed to conventional football betting) , but we'll quickly arrive at this same stagnation once again.
    I would prefer if FI allocated it's resources to it's legal team, let them go have a sit down with the likes of Silvio Berlusconi and work something out.
    Surely Balague has friends in Spain.
    If Hernan Cortez had been tentative, Messi would probably be plying his trade in the North West of England.... and my mother dearest would have probably married a German or a Frenchman.

Jeeeeeez.... cant be arsed to read all that! Got as far as pepe playing against a utd side.. dont even know which utd...🤯

• Clinical psychologists would label that with a simple four letter abbreviation.

• @C-Arroyo I have been to the pub..... 4 letters.... can I have a clue?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.