time to bite the bullet?

• i try not to sell at a lose and i know this is a bad time to sell as the market is having a little blip.

But some of my holds are down and i keep finding other players are really good value.

So should i sell players like jovic, tielemans, gnabry, brandt.

there may be players that increase quicker than these guys, even tho i got them at a good price.

Wondering if any of you are in a similar position??

• I would go yes, yes, no, no.

I sold Tielemans at a loss as I could see nothing that could happen that would increase his price enough to break even

• hmm i tend to agree - in hindsight i regret getting tielemans and jovic.

but jovic is only 21 and had a sick season last year - so thought he would push on at RM

Tielemans i though would do well at a good leicester squad and finished the season strong

may put both of these on the queue and re-invest. then get back into Jovic if he started to get game time and perform

• I own Brandt and I'm torn. Barely in profit after his drop but don't see his price increasing again if he's constantly rotated with Hazard.
    PB for both isn't the same if they only get 65/70mins each.

• @Neil2265 I'm in the same boat but waiting for Hazard to have a knock. Then hopefully sell on the rise that should follow.

• I've been considering buying Jovic for a while. Waiting for him to drop a bit more. I noticed he's come on as sub every game barring last one. Just needs that break Benzema getting injured or something. He's proven quality and young. I can see him skyrocketing in value over next 24 months. Worst case scenario his confidence gets shot and can never find his form at top club and u get out on £1.50. Probably worth the gamble I'm thinking for potential massive upside.

• I’m keeping Tielmens in the hope that the transfer spec to Man united resurfaces in jan or next summer
    It probably won’t actually happen but that won’t stop the speculation

• I was sick of staring at a loss on Bernado Silva and wanted to re-invest in Tierney and a couple of others. Sold all of him Thursday, scores a hat-trick Saturday. Lesson here is that patience can really pay off sometimes!

• I’ve had Jovic in the sell queue for an age... I suppose if he keeps dropping there will be a point whereby I take him out of the queue. I can’t see many upsides in Jovic at the moment unfortunately, he’s a quality player but has walked into a sh1t Madrid team and isn’t first choice.

• I'm in the same boat with T Hazard. 33p down in him. He is one of my biggest holds. Not sure what to do

• @Luke said in time to bite the bullet?:

I’ve had Jovic in the sell queue for an age... I suppose if he keeps dropping there will be a point whereby I take him out of the queue. I can’t see many upsides in Jovic at the moment unfortunately, he’s a quality player but has walked into a sh1t Madrid team and isn’t first choice.

I don't hold him but if Zidane looks like getting the boot, then surely he'll see a spike?

• @AndydfopT I'd keep him personally if I held him. Regular for Dortmund then the euros next year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't rise. Just need a bit of patience

• Julian Brandt is a confusing hold. Short term little value. But long term I see Dortmound going far in C.League, he may play a part in Germany Euro run over summer, and with a possible Sancho move in summer, Brandt may be primed to be a focal point of Dortmound in 2020. Probably hold and review around Euro 2020

• @Hound yes I expect so but I’d rather put that money to work somewhere else until that happens.

• @Parvez112333 said in time to bite the bullet?:

Julian Brandt is a confusing hold. Short term little value. But long term I see Dortmound going far in C.League, he may play a part in Germany Euro run over summer, and with a possible Sancho move in summer, Brandt may be primed to be a focal point of Dortmound in 2020. Probably hold and review around Euro 2020

Think I'm going to try sell now and maybe get back on him next year depending how its going at Dortmund. Hopefully make more money in the meantime than just sitting holding.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.