Players crashing?

• Should I be worrying about players crashing after huge rises? I'm thinking of players like Trippier, who has been a solid investment for me, but has now risen 26p in a couple of hours. Like anyone, I want to keep riding the wave, but want to avoid any huge falls on the players who have already risen significantly.

• Depends on your sell or hold % strategy.

Has the rise gained you enough profit to sell or has the rise confirmed the player is a Good long term hold.

I normally look into a player at 20% ROI and see what's coming next.

IMO I've held a couple of players who have risen quickly over a few days and dropped after the weekend or game but never below my purchase price and steady rise a few pence each time.

Check the spread for IS if he dropping fast and you want out or put in sell queue for top money.

The other thing if you sell now all others have risen already and who would you buy???

• @NewUser444025 I think trippier is rising because shown hes a consistent PB player since his move to AM.

• And that's why I bought in and was very happy at the price I got. However, a 26p rise is staggering, particularly for someone who is only a few weeks in to this.

I don't think ok I'll be selling anyone off prematurely; hold and reinvest in my portfolio is the correct play.

• @NewUser444025 said in Players crashing?:

Should I be worrying about players crashing after huge rises? I'm thinking of players like Trippier, who has been a solid investment for me, but has now risen 26p in a couple of hours. Like anyone, I want to keep riding the wave, but want to avoid any huge falls on the players who have already risen significantly.

If you think you're on a wave then you've probably answered you own question in that all waves crash eventually. If you've made a good profit then now could be a good chance to exit.

If however you think that this increase in price is due to positive factors that will still be around in weeks/months to come then it could just be that the market has only just woken up to them and you were ahead of the curve. If this is the case I would stick.

• It's quite a tough call with him. Good fixtures this month, real PB potential and an increased media profile all help, but the surfeit of English RBs doesn't help him in the medium term.

• @NewUser444025 said in Players crashing?:

Should I be worrying about players crashing after huge rises? I'm thinking of players like Trippier, who has been a solid investment for me, but has now risen 26p in a couple of hours. Like anyone, I want to keep riding the wave, but want to avoid any huge falls on the players who have already risen significantly.

You've done well there. I had him at the start the season but sold too early. It was an interesting career move him going there and a good one too I think. Difficult to say what to do now. Some people would probably suggest selling a few and holding the rest. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• You need to consider the factors for the rise as these will be the factors for the fall, in particular with Trippier I think there are two things underpinning his price.

• Good PB scores
    • Looks set for Euro 2020.

• I hold and must admit I've been surprised by the sudden rise.
    He's obviously a good player and has started well.
    Opta tweeted this the other day...
    7 - Kieran Trippier created seven chances for Atlético Madrid against Juventus, the most by any player on MD1 of this season's UEFA Champions League. Creative.

And of course he does have a favourable run of games coming up in the next 30 days:
    0_1569350361370_A Madrid games.png

• If it was me I’d prob sell and jump back on later on just because maybe there’s better options at the min but it’s a hard call I think his pb
    Scores will keep his price up but could get abit forgot about

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.