Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?

• I joined at the tail end of the summer bonus, made circa 30% (including the 10% bonus) despite not joining before the announcement/at the start of the bonus period. There was a small sell off post bonus period, but not a large one.

IMO with the 5% starting straight after the 10%, I wouldn't expect a mass sell off come 1st October, but another surge as people take advantage again? Then a larger sell off come 19th October? Or is the 5% not enough to tempt people to deposit more?

• Will be a sell of on the 19TH October that's for sure, how big it is no one knows!

Hopefully we get to enjoy the ride before then.

• I'd imagine they will have an announcement ready for the end of this period to keep money locked in- may be the long awaiting dividend increase if prices rise enough

• Ignoring the 2nd bonus, to get the first 10% bonus, do you have to hold your players until 19th Oct or can you sell any time after the 1st and still get the full 10%?

• @Chris-J said in Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?:

I'd imagine they will have an announcement ready for the end of this period to keep money locked in- may be the long awaiting dividend increase if prices rise enough

They have also timed it nicely to coincide with league matches returning after the international break which should hopefully reduce the drops slightly as traders will want to get on prior the the weekend games.

• The summer bonus was originally 10% for part 1 followed by a 5% part 2. The 5% was a bit of a damp squib so FI thought fuck it, let's have a part 3 10% bonus.

I'm thinking a similar part 2 damp squib. Can't see a random part 3 this time though.

• @Chris-J said in Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?:

I'd imagine they will have an announcement ready for the end of this period to keep money locked in- may be the long awaiting dividend increase if prices rise enough

If this happened we’d see huge trader confidence into the new year.

• @Allams-Out said in Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?:

The summer bonus was originally 10% for part 1 followed by a 5% part 2. The 5% was a bit of a damp squib so FI thought fuck it, let's have a part 3 10% bonus.

I'm thinking a similar part 2 damp squib. Can't see a random part 3 this time though.

Iirc I think part of the problem with the 5% one last time was it was stretched out for too long plus it coincided with a quiet period in the football calendar.

The ideal scenario for me would be for them to announce a dividend restructure close to the end of the 5% period and then for them to increase the dividends in December.

If they then did another try January promotion then all of the above would keep the market bouyent from now until at least Feb and with the higher dividends, more sustainable

• @Advinculas-Index What was the try January promotion? Another deposit bonus?

• They had a big ad campaign and instead of a 1 week and you can have your £ back, it was for the full month. It might have been for £1000 as well as opposed to £500?

Anyways it resulted in one of the best sustained periods that they have had.

• @Allams-Out Interesting, I obviously joined late into the second bonus, didn't realise this.

What kind of sell off was there into the 5%? Or was there enough going on the market that it didn't drop much?

I'm very tempted to double down during the 5% and ride it all the way to the Euros...

• I think those that wanted to leave and those that thought a bonus was not the right way forward (so will now want to leave) will know that selling up during the bonus will be easier than selling after. So I think this time a lot of money will go out during the boost. The boost will therefore not be as big as other bonus periods have been. But the post bonus dip should be lesser than usual. People have learned how slow the market goes post bonuses.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?:

@Allams-Out said in Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?:

The summer bonus was originally 10% for part 1 followed by a 5% part 2. The 5% was a bit of a damp squib so FI thought fuck it, let's have a part 3 10% bonus.

Iirc I think part of the problem with the 5% one last time was it was stretched out for too long plus it coincided with a quiet period in the football calendar.

The ideal scenario for me would be for them to announce a dividend restructure close to the end of the 5% period and then for them to increase the dividends in December.

If they then did another try January promotion then all of the above would keep the market bouyent from now until at least Feb and with the higher dividends, more sustainable

Yeah was thinking the ideal play by FI would be to announce a dividend increase during part 2. Should then keep the top end prices buoyant.

After all, nothing has has actually changed and the reasons people were selling them off still stand.

• @RU99 said in Double Bonus - wont see the big drop?:

@Allams-Out Interesting, I obviously joined late into the second bonus, didn't realise this.

What kind of sell off was there into the 5%? Or was there enough going on the market that it didn't drop much?

I'm very tempted to double down during the 5% and ride it all the way to the Euros...

Can't remember a particular trend to the sell off. Top end maybe?

There was the usual big spike at the start of part one, then another decent spike at the end of it. Maybe that was due to pay day.

Part two the market just went flat and in slight decline. Like @Advinculas-Index says, might have been a bit of bonus fatigue. The extra part three reinvigorated it somewhat.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.