Bonus boom - Players to get out of

• Which players would you use the bonus boom to get out of

I was thinking players who have a negative trend atm but have some bonus cash boost

Salah, Kane etc

Are people predicting a huge drop come mon? Or should the 5% after keep a lot of cash in

• I've took a bit of a gamble and sold up one of my favourite holds TAA this morning and put the money else where, I just dont see how much higher he can go now. I will certainly get back in, hopefully on a dip

• @Chap any player that has a small spread and has rose significantly since the bonus was implemented without any other obvious reason for a spike in price. Ive sold a couple of my cheaper holds and moved money to safer PB players where cap app is less important for now

• @MickTurbo

Hmm he’s one who had been rising anyway leading up to the bonus tho. Winning pb regularly getting assists and goals = good market sentiment

It’s the pogs Salahs who had been dropping who have seen a rise with bonus cash
    Even sancho had dropped to 4.70

Isn’t it likely that these players with negative market sentiment who have been pumped with bonus cash will be the ones to drop ?
    If we have that much of a drop

• I sold my Sancho a couple of days ago as painful as it was. Can only see most of the big hitters either stabilising or slightly dropping this week, followed by a gradual daily decrease after DB is finished. Instead I'm investing in the sub 80p market as it was this market that was doing better before FI made its birthday announcements. My port was in chaos so trying not to make the same mistakes (I'm not one of these traders who always claims to make moves!)

So far approach is working. Sancho is down 8p and my 5 new purchases are up a combined 22p which is even better considering how many futures I can get in them. I'm now considering whether to sell off a couple of other big holds. Hopefully this strategy works...it's more bold than I am used to doing

• @Chap you may very well be right but in hindsight I wonder how much of the drops in pogba sancho etc was just caused by people pulling 10k out to use in the bonus.

Remember the £10 deposit day the other week, even that was enough for us to see a bit of green for a day in a sea of red.

Large numbers of traders pulling 10k out would be enough to cause the massive drops in pog rash VVD and sancho. Itll go back in now and weve seen decent rises even though most ppl, and me included will still be red on pog.

It's possible that ppl anticipating a DB have caused the painful month weve had so I'm cautiously optimistic that after the bonus we wont see too much of a dip in the top end. Could be wrong though.

This seems at odds with my TAA gamble obviously, but at this point hes really pulling away from every other defender. Might work, might not 🤞

• In this case I think the timing may be a factor.
    We'll have a few rounds of Euro club and international games out of the way by the end of the promotion.
    I think those that look unlikely to progress in these competitions may take the brunt of sales.

Teams like Atalanta and Lille have seen large investments, as have many players who are more influential for their national teams.
    Players like Odergaard, Isak or Seferovic.....I think late November will see significant drops, but naturally for clubs and countries who've not performed to expectations.
    I'd be wary of players from Dutch, Portugese leagues etc playing in CL/Europa as well as Irish, Scottish, Welsh etc....Bad results will cost money.
    Hopefully we do get to see the likes of Dan James and Odergaard at next summers Euro's....I'll wait a while before banking on it.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor just be wary that those rises you are getting at the lower end could be deposit bonus money being put on cheaper players with low spreads. Where its easier to get money back out using IS when the bonus period ends

• @MickTurbo i think so as most of my top end players that had dropped instantly went back to where they were before the drops so im with you in think this was money removed in anticipation of a deposit bonus which was then put back in

• @Black-wolf fair point! My logic is that even if they do decrease they will be easier to get out off. A week ago all my big players were falling and I felt stuck with such big spreads.

• @Black-wolf

So your expecting the premium players to start rising again after the bonus ?

• @Black-wolf I'm still red on pig and VVD but considering the WOM particularly with pog I still think there's been a big vote of confidence in him.

I'm not too worried with VVD, bit mystified but not the least bit worried. Topped up on both

• I’ve left some of my cheaper holds and got into some of the more expensive players. They were at a big low compared to rest of market . I might have to wait a while to really reap the benefits but if dividends increase they will be the ones that fly.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor The big hitters prices won't be rising too much more now due to the same old problem of that div increase they need.

Now if FI announce a div increase in the next few weeks then that changes everything and money will pour into top end and out of the sub £2 market.

Interesting times ahead me thinks.

• @Chap no maybe not. But ive moved money into the premium players that havent moved since the bonus was announced. So either they will move and i could get dividends in the meantime or they dont and i still stand a chance of dividends either way the drop should be minimal as their price is unchanged from the bonus anyway

• @Chap said in Bonus boom - Players to get out of:

Which players would you use the bonus boom to get out of

I was thinking players who have a negative trend atm but have some bonus cash boost

Salah, Kane etc

Are people predicting a huge drop come mon? Or should the 5% after keep a lot of cash in

My advice at the current time would be to move away from the premium non European players.

Salah, although a world class player, is not eligible for european international qualifiers, and obviously won't be playing at the Euros in the summer.

Less chance to win PB and IPDs, means less value in my opinion.

In fairness, Salah and Liverpool will reach the semis of the Champions League, so he will have other opportunities to win PB/IPDs.

But the point remains valid for most non EU holds.

• @johnboywalker said in Bonus boom - Players to get out of:

@Chap said in Bonus boom - Players to get out of:

Which players would you use the bonus boom to get out of

Salah, Kane etc

My advice at the current time would be to move away from the premium non European players.

Salah, although a world class player, is not eligible for european international qualifiers, and obviously won't be playing at the Euros on the summer.

Less chance to win PB and IPDs, means less value in my opinion.

In fairness, Salah and Liverpool will reach the semis of the Champions League, so he will have other opportunities to win PB/IPDs.

But the point remains valid for most non EU holds.

Definitely the way forward.

• @johnboywalker yep definitely. My numbers in South America and African players has reduced significantly since the Euros where announced as PB eligible

• @MickTurbo what do u think about neymar as he will have the transfer spec or is he not worthwile holding as his price will drop. Ive gone big on pogba messi ronaldo and neymar. So u reckon reduce holdinfs in neymar and messi or is messi gunna rise short term as i believe he will

• @Black-wolf said in Bonus boom - Players to get out of:

@johnboywalker yep definitely. My numbers in South America and African players has reduced significantly since the Euros where announced as PB eligible

Exactly. There is a thread just created about Pepe, and he is in the same boat.

That being said, I think this has already caused a drop in many South Americans, which has resulted in a few now being decent value for money.

Dougie Costa (78p) at Juve will be a first team starter in an attacking, dominant team that will challenge for both domestic and European honours. He is the ideal player for Sarri ball ... If only he wasn't made of glass!? 🤣

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.