In 3 years time....

• There’s a lot of talk about long-term holds and the amount a player will return over the next 3 years. So I’m curious to see what sort of other predictions people have about the Index as a whole. Just how wildly ambitious, blindly naïve, or massively underestimating can we be?!

Today is 26 February 2018 and I’ll set myself a Google calendar reminder to check this post for the same date in 2019, 2020, and 2021. And give this post a bump each time to see how wrong or right our predictions are looking.

Looking for your thoughts on the following categories:

• Most expensive player(s)?
    • Footie value?
    • Dividend yields?
    • Biggest media sagas / transfer stories?
    • First million pound portfolio?
    • Big corporate / platform changes?
    • Market saturation? New territories etc?
    • Your own portfolio?
    • Other general trends?

I’ll post my own predictions in the next post.

• Most expensive player(s)?

Kane if he moves to Man Utd. I think that Neymar will still be up near the top. Unless there’s a share split I’d envisage the top players to be c.£20. A lot more if the dividend yields are increased. Other world beaters I think could be Hazard, Asensio, Dembele, Mbappe, and there’ll be some young English talent there as well. Maybe Brewster, Sancho, or Rashford. Or another unknown player still floating around an academy.

• Footie value?

At the ambitious end, but in the region of 40,000 as we settle at an equilibrium.

• Dividend yields?

I think FI will eventually move to treble media and treble PB. GKs will have their own PB.

• Biggest media sagas / transfer stories?

Sancho back to England will surely happen within the next 3 years? Hazard and Neymar to Real Madrid as well. At some point Barca will have to replace Messi and Suarez which could throw up another absolute star. The Kane transfer, when it inevitably happens, will be massive. As will Bale moving back to the Prem.

• First million pound portfolio?

Definitely. We might even have the first few full time traders.

• Big corporate / platform changes?

I think we’ll see competitors launched. But more likely is a takeover by one of the big betting firms. Which will probably be amazing initially but then start to grate.

• Market saturation? New territories etc?

I think we’ll have a much bigger user base. Maybe circa 500,000 in the UK, and 100,000 overseas. These things are exponential and we’re now at the point where everyone is telling their mates about it.

• Your own portfolio?

I’m hoping that my £3-4k portfolio will have a net value of £12k without too many more massive deposits.

• Other general trends?

Lots of growth in players at the bottom of the market. 40p is too cheap for a player where there’s virtually no capital at risk but they can easily return 33% with one good game in three years. But we’ll also reach a more natural balance and start to see people losing from the platform. Not everyone will make money with the massive capital growth. We’ll be moving away from win-win and towards win-lose.

• Just wanted to bump my own post... my “ambitious prediction that the Footie would hit 40,000 by February 2019” has already been smashed! Quite phenomenal growth.

• I’m hoping that my £3-4k portfolio will have a net value of £12k without too many more massive deposits.

7 months on from the statment above, how is your port looking?

• @B1992G

£9.3k!

• @playingcards1 Love your post. If they allow split shares, it will encourage new users to experiment. I think there will be continuous win win growth as long as new countries keep being added along the way.

• Quick question.

Where do you find footie value?

• @the_timallen Go to bottom right corner option. Should say news and data and then you will see it on the top right hand corner. The 'Footie'. On the old original site that is, cos the beta one is not for me.

• @NewUser145369 reckon the likelihood of split shares is high?

• @Ross_F I don't know. I read from the members of community who attended the last meeting, that no comment was the answer. But surely it is the only way as the shares are coming at a higher value. Especially with the top priced players, and to encourage new investment-this is one key way.

• F.i recently stated it's not likely pre xmas so maybe in the new year?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.