Fedor Chalov

• One of the best buys for under a pound I've seen on here. Has risen 7p today but I think it's a great time to jump on now. Links to the prem aswell so this will only get his name out when it comes to Christmas.

CPFC trying to get him. Come on you eagles.

4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games and only 21 years old.

Boom boom buy it nowww

• @Nachais

Don't touch him folks.

Russian players are notoriously hesitant to leave the motherland.

Nothing to say this guy is going anywhere.

Rumours every window and nout happens.

And at 96p, there are far better opportunities to be had with players already playing in PB leagues.

🎶'I'm the anti pumper, twisted anti pumper' 🎶

• @johnboywalker rumours cause speculation which causes capital appreciation, no?

I highly doubt a player of his quality and age would stay in Russia for his whole life. Clubs are going to want him and have already shown interest

• @Nachais said in Fedor Chalov:

@johnboywalker rumours cause speculation which causes capital appreciation, no?

I highly doubt a player of his quality and age would stay in Russia for his whole life. Clubs are going to want him and have already shown interest

Well, you know what to do if you feel that strongly about it?? 😉

• If I had anyone to sell I'd be on him, he seems to rise and fall with tsygankov but I've got no one to sell so I'll just sit back and be frustrated

• 0_1569599141120_IMG-20190927-WA0021.jpg 0_1569599153380_IMG-20190927-WA0022.jpg

• One of the best buys under a quid? Seriously?

Doesn't play in a PB league, Russians barely ever leave Russia for various reasons and the best link you can find is Crystal Palace.

Are any Crystal Palace players over £1? Apart from Zaha who has a transfer already built into his price.

If he leaves CSKA it would likely be in January due to their season cycle. What would he cost as Russian clubs aren't strapped for cash and wouldn't want their brightest prospect to leave their country. £40m? Maybe 50? Would Palace risk that kind of cash on him?

• @Nachais
    Akinfeev
    Dzyuba
    Kokorin
    Smolov (short 11 game loan to Feyenoord)
    Dzagoev
    Ignashevich
    Shirokov
    Denisov
    Zobnin
    Shatov
    Mario Fernandes (started as a Brazilian)
    Just listing a few good Russians who refused to leave the motherland.

0_1569599141120_IMG-20190927-WA0021.jpg 0_1569599153380_IMG-20190927-WA0022.jpg

Doesnt this kind of prove that they will not sell him?

Dzagoev and Akinfeev were two massive Russian teenage prospects and they have spent their whole careers at home.

• @Squire1905 said in Fedor Chalov:

@Nachais
    Akinfeev
    Dzyuba
    Kokorin
    Smolov (short 11 game loan to Feyenoord)
    Dzagoev
    Ignashevich
    Shirokov
    Denisov
    Zobnin
    Shatov
    Mario Fernandes (started as a Brazilian)
    Just listing a few good Russians who refused to leave the motherland.

It's actually kind of weird. My theory is that I know tax is different in Russia so they effectively are paid more (story is that Arshavin was really disappointed when he moved to Arsenal because he thought he was getting a pay rise but after UK taxes it ended up that he moved for a pay cut) and also the Russian language is so different due to using Cyrillic letters, learning English is very difficult as it doesn't even use the same alphabet.

However...I now wonder if clubs or owners or someone else puts pressure on players not to leave. Conspiracy theory I know but it is odd that they don't ever seen to leave

• Nothing about him not wanting to leave. Wasn't offered enough. Liverpool arsenal and Man u have been sniffing around too. None of the players you listed are world class either. This guy has the potential to do something great. English players don't like leaving England either but sancho go's and now he's doing great. Your basing everything off of other players when this is looking like an exception

• @Nachais The article above would suggest this is not an exceptional case and that he will be staying in Russia as CSKA are not prepared to sell. There are some pretty decent players in there! Dzagoev is Russias captain and has played 237 games with 52 goals (as a midfielder) so I would say he is pretty handy!

Nothing about him not wanting to leave. Wasn't offered enough. Liverpool arsenal and Man u have been sniffing around too. None of the players you listed are world class either. This guy has the potential to do something great. English players don't like leaving England either but sancho go's and now he's doing great. Your basing everything off of other players when this is looking like an exception

Difference is that the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and our clubs can win European competitions. Staying on England isn't a lack of ambition.

Something else stops these players leaving Russia, it's not comparable to English players staying in England.

Having said all that...if Chalov ends up being the next Zhirkov or Cheryshev and does move to Europe then I am happy to admit I was wrong.

• @BradD I'll quote you on this thread when the move is complete then ;)

Nothing about him not wanting to leave. Wasn't offered enough. Liverpool arsenal and Man u have been sniffing around too. None of the players you listed are world class either. This guy has the potential to do something great. English players don't like leaving England either but sancho go's and now he's doing great. Your basing everything off of other players when this is looking like an exception

Nonsense.

But hey, if your telling me he is off to Man Utd, I'm in for 800 ... 🤣

Seriously though, if he ends up at Arsenal, Liverpool or Man Utd, I'll never comment on the forums again ... deal?? 😎

• He's a massive intellectual by all accounts. Why on earth would he want to go to Croydon or liverpool to play football? He's clearly smarter than that!

• @Nachais not a chance on this earth utd will sign him, wouldn't be in my top 50 under a pound tbh, there are more safer and lucrative buys available at the moment, but each to there own with there holds 👍

• Last Russian footballer I heard left Russian football, for England played for Salisbury didn't turn out to good

• Remember Oleg Salenko one of the top scorers at USA ‘94

• @Gregolocky said in Fedor Chalov:

Remember Oleg Salenko one of the top scorers at USA ‘94

Haha wasn't he voted one of the worst Rangers players of the 1990s or something? Not heard his name for years!