Do people think there will be a dividend increase?

• I haven't been on here long enough to know when they might be but I have seen threads with people mentioning them. I wondered if they were thinking of doing it at some point in the coming few months?

• @Tom7471 Your guess is as good as anybody else’s. For me, if it’s financially viable for them it’s a no brainer to announce one at the end of this bonus.

• There will be a dividends increase.

When though is anyone’s guess - we’d all love it to be after the bonus period, I just get the feeling they might hold fire until the summer/next season.

• @BeanDrown said in Do people think there will be a dividend increase?:

There will be a dividends increase.

When though is anyone’s guess - we’d all love it to be after the bonus period, I just get the feeling they might hold fire until the summer/next season.

I agree with @BeanDrown

• My guess is there will be an announcement before christmas
    and an increase after christmas.

• The longer the cap is between the announcement and the increase the better.

• @kaka8 said in Do people think there will be a dividend increase?:

My guess is there will be an announcement before christmas
    and an increase after christmas.

Yeh I'm thinking like the SS. A few announcements over this year talking about it, then bring it out ready for next season.

I think the market will go down and then flatten until it happens though except in bonus periods... So they may have to bring any plans forwards.

• An announcement alone will be enough to send the index into overdrive - think FI will keep it in their back pocket for when the market falls flat again.

I’d guess they plan to announce it around Christmas time with further details in Feb and implementation by April/May - FI know how to drag these things out to prolong the excitement.

• If there’s no dividend increase in next 6 months expect a sizeable drop in players.
    Most players are overvalued as it is and we will see panic selling as we did just before bonus was announced. Except this time it will be bigger and more sustained.

• People shouldn't have put there bonus into the top 50 & it would have happened a lot sooner.

@dionysusthyrsus summed it up perfectly in a nice post. 😁

• @Chris-J sorry old boy, sausage thumb down voted you by accident.

• I think an extra media place/places is likely to be the next dividend increase as PB players already had a boost with euro qualifying becoming PB, hopefully when media opens up or soon after. They've done it successfully before with media madness this summer.

• @Ericali where is this myth that they are overvalued coming from? Maybe as you don't own any ill be kind and put it down to ignorance, rather than being cynical that every othrr word out of your mouth is negativity about the top 50 out of some kind of personal gain...

I earned 70pish (each) on Neymar and pogba during 3 months of media madness. 10+% yield in 3 months doesn't suggest overvalued to me. Come the end of the year if they remained at current price that yield will be greater than 20%. I suspect they will rise in value to reflect this at some point

Stupid, greedy or a con artist... Which are you!?

• @Westy I didn’t spot it - I remember Andy hurling abuse at me (and a few others) for doing that once though!

• @Vespasian32 Agree. The returns are incredible compared to other places you can invest your money.

IMO It's a shame traders have been moving money out of the top players and chasing capital appreciation on unproven youngsters. But hey, the market is the market and who am I to argue with it.

• @Mike_17 said in Do people think there will be a dividend increase?:

@Vespasian32 Agree. The returns are incredible compared to other places you can invest your money.

IMO It's a shame traders have been moving money out of the top players and chasing capital appreciation on unproven youngsters. But hey, the market is the market and who am I to argue with it.

You're Mike_17 and never let anyone tell you the other 16 Mike's are better! You be true to yourself sweet cheeks!

• @Vespasian32 said in Do people think there will be a dividend increase?:

@Ericali where is this myth that they are overvalued coming from? Maybe as you don't own any ill be kind and put it down to ignorance, rather than being cynical that every othrr word out of your mouth is negativity about the top 50 out of some kind of personal gain...

I earned 70pish (each) on Neymar and pogba during 3 months of media madness. 10+% yield in 3 months doesn't suggest overvalued to me. Come the end of the year if they remained at current price that yield will be greater than 20%. I suspect they will rise in value to reflect this at some point

Stupid, greedy or a con artist... Which are you!?

^^^
    None of the above, shrewd if it was on the list.

You don't understand that the 13k you have ploughed into Pogba & Neymar for 1,000 shares in each which returned you £1,400 in dividends over the summer (70p in each) is lost with the value of the asset (Pogba is this case) depreciating.

You could use you 13k to make more than that in capital appreciation.

I've gone from 33k portfolio value on 1st September to 38k as of today as an example without having any Pogba or Neymar.

In fact, my only dividends this month has been £10 for a IPDs goal from Atal at Nice.

• @Ericali pogba barely depreciated since start of media madness. I'm making cap ap in other areas as part of a balanced port. Benefit more than your penny stocks evry time there is an announcement.

I want a div increase because I'm a greedy little pig... Not because I think I'm currently getting a bum deal... My yield is as @Mike_17 said, better than I'd get just sitting my money elsewhere.

• @Vespasian32 as soon as their is a dividend increase I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with you on the dividend returners (except Pogba unless he signs a contract) for the rises.

I won't miss out - I can assure you of that.

But that day is a good few months off.

Until then, I won't be sat in a stagnated market, I'll be busy picking up capital appreciation & building up my cash balance. 💰

• @Ericali they could increase divs by 4 and you'd still make more money chasing Ian Smiths... So why are you going to change strategy?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.