Gerard Moreno - Thoughts?

• 6 goals and 1 assist in his first 7 league games this season and is somehow only £1.

What do people think? Undervalued? Could he see a Spain call up?

I do hold, currently at a good % profit. Just toying with the idea of topping up on the back of his goals and Villarreal's strong start

• A name made up from two Liverpool legends, I can see only one possible transfer next summer

• Serious note, if Villarreal are in Europe it's definitely worth topping up. If not, still not a bad shout. If this continues he will rise. I watched them Vs Madrid, they bossed the game.

• @BradD hes class.

• Santi Cazorla is much better value

• I sold last night for a good profit. Sadly for me he then scored and managed to hold his own.
    A 50/50 for me. He played right mid last night so it depends on if / where he plays on the next game as they should be in for a decent win again.
    He won’t get called up for spain that’s for sure so will likely drop after osasuna

• @Shnurgan said in Gerard Moreno - Thoughts?:

He won’t get called up for spain that’s for sure so will likely drop after osasuna

Called up to the Spain squad for the next two international games 😉

• @BradD do you think he’ll get any minutes?

• @Shnurgan based on his form he should do! They called up Muniain though recently and he didn't see any pitch time.

Could just be the manager wanting a closer look at him. Wouldn't surprise me if he comes on as a sub in one of the games though.

• Some breaking news on this guy?

Ticker is going crazy with buys.

• @Vaughany
    Same happening with Aspas now. Guess people just going mad for La Liga players now...

• @Vaughany said in Gerard Moreno - Thoughts?:

@Vaughany
    Same happening with Aspas now. Guess people just going mad for La Liga players now...

fixtures are out thats why

• @shilly11
    Yeh, saw that but it's bizarre to wait until today to buy, and buy from market (rather than ME) over the last week or so. La Liga was always penciled in for a return in mid September so what's the rationale for waiting until now, and paying full whack at that?

• @Vaughany its the amount of games during promo period being confirmed more than anything

• @Vaughany Agreed it is strange as the fixtures were always due to start on 12/09, I bought 450 of Moreno yesterday as I felt he'd been overlooked, 3rd top scorer in the league and has a decent PB record too - got him for £1.18.

Now Villarreal have a couple of easy fixtures during the enhanced IPB period, he looks a good buy, don't understand why people were waiting until today to market buy.

• @Hound
    Nicely done. You timed that well. I have held 300 for many a month but I didn't refresh for IPDs (lack of funds/other priorities) so, although I agree with you in that he's underrated on FI (goals/assists/PB scores), I am wondering if I cash in some profit and invest elsewhere?

I am reluctant to sell though as 1) he's got a good PB game 2) Villareal are in Europe and 3) he's going to be challenging for a spot in the Spanish team for the Euros.

• Wondering where the nice rise I received came from. Bought 100 last Thursday, so good times. If Ligue 1 is anything to go by you will get another surge or two leading up to the first game.

• @Vaughany said in Gerard Moreno - Thoughts?:

@Hound
    Nicely done. You timed that well. I have held 300 for many a month but I didn't refresh for IPDs (lack of funds/other priorities) so, although I agree with you in that he's underrated on FI (goals/assists/PB scores), I am wondering if I cash in some profit and invest elsewhere?

I am reluctant to sell though as 1) he's got a good PB game 2) Villareal are in Europe and 3) he's going to be challenging for a spot in the Spanish team for the Euros.

Thanks mate, the fact he hadn't already seen a rise made me doubt if he was a good buy or not!

Doesn't really matter if your shares are IPB eligible or not, he should see a big rise if he scores against Huesca (think that is their first game) and that'll give you a nice exit point if you choose, they also have an easy second game so there's another opportunity there.

When reading about him yesterday, most holders said he was a bit of a stagnant hold despite scoring 18 league goals, so not sure I fancy him long-term.

He was only called up to the Spanish squad the other day because one of the forwards is isolating, so I doesn't look like he's too favoured by the national team.

• @Hound
    Just what I was thinking when I looked at their fixtures. A goal/assist in their first game or two and I should be able to market sell for a decent profit if I want.

Although he is an injury replacement this time around, he has been flirting with the national team for a while. He scored 3 in 2 games for Spain the last time they played at the back end of last year so might be worth holding for a longer period if you fancy his chances.

• Screenshot_20200831_193925.jpg