The great Pogba sell off comes to an end

• Admittedly it took longer than expected but Pogba is evidently on the rise again. Unsure if this is due to some Neymar money coming his way or if people are considering him to be under valued after the sell off.

Either way I'm happy it's finally over!

• @James

I’m not sure if he’s under valued was £1 cheaper not so long back. He’s more settled at the price he his but anyone’s guess which way he will go now. When players rise so fast there’s normally a period where there’s a sudden price correction glad I got out at £5-70 ish and reinvested elsewhere

• Think abit of both. It's hard to really gauge a value on Pogba as his PB dividends are non existent just like Lukaku's but I can imagine him to be a good hold for the world cup and for the Media Buzz alone.

• @Hybrid
    Yeah hes the highest media buzz player in the whole index which is the only reason I held on. He managed to win the media dividends twice during the sell off and as the world cup rolls around he will get plenty more.

• He's one of those where I suppose when the media has got no-one else to talk about they jump back on him??? If Neymar weren't news this week it'll be Pogba's latest haircut hogging the tabloids and that's always good for those FI punters (like me) who hold him on a MB basis?

I think he'll be good value in the WC for media buzz so will certainly keep until then? Thereafter we'll probably know more if he's a part of United's plans or if he needs to start looking fr a new club which could again ramp up his value.... As for PB... There's much better VFM out there but at least with him you know he's never far from the headlines which is why he should probably be in most people's portfolios?

• @James said in The great Pogba sell off comes to an end:

@Hybrid
    Yeah hes the highest media buzz player in the whole index which is the only reason I held on. He managed to win the media dividends twice during the sell off and as the world cup rolls around he will get plenty more.

Winning media buzz during a sell off is false economy to of nailed it right would of been buying at 4-10p (a few weeks earlier) to sell at the £6 peak and buy back at £5 and sacrifice the 10p has £1 is worth more than 10p without meaning to sound sarcastic.... the art in FI is doing this to maximise profits! I bought in at £4.12 (be it not enough) sold at £5.67 and some around £6 but not bought back... if anyone got in at £4-10 and sold at £6 hats off to them perfect trading!!!! I was playing with fire myself before the drop buying and selling to get my playthought down luckily I didn’t get caught out

• He's up because he's apparently given Man Utd an ultimatum - him or Jose has to go. I agree though MB doesn't outweigh the fluctuations in Pogba and timing can net you a very nice profit. Feast or famine hold

• What's the odds this is complete Hokum

• I'll eat my shirt if Pogba's acting like a baby after Sunday

• @Pierrey2129

Agree all profit is good but that said 'IF' Pogba is rumored with moves to Real Madrid or Barca (thanks to his new found ultimatum) that would surely have a upward surge of much more than his current (or previous) worth even if only temporarily?

A lot of folk are quick to get in on IPO's and quick(er) to get out when someones price shoots up but playing the longer markets to also take small regular dividends and bide the right time for the best possible (complete) return is also a nice option to have?

Just think how those that have cashed out on £2 profits will feel should Pogba reach £8-10 with a summer MB circus winning him weeks of dividends???? It's not always best to get out fast but it depends on the individuals strategy?

• @dannypea
    Agreed! I like the stress free version of Football Index. Buy young, media centered players and hold them for 3 years.

It can be nerving watching players fall in value for a fews days but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Assuming FI continues the growth it has had since day1, the top 200 players will be worth substantially more in 3 years than they are today.

This is why buying at £4 and selling at £6 just doesn't fit in with a long term strategy.

• @dannypea

Take Mr Greizman (sorry if I spelt it wrong) the saga there!!! was going to buy in a month or two ago after the usual rumours but didn’t at £3.50 now he’s well over that... so in thiory the amount of times he’s been up and down the profit in timing there could of made someone a full time job I know he’s not like pogba with buzz but if you get the buy sell strategy right it’s a good way to make... at the meet Van Dam got it right when he said it’s not about what you are going to do it’s about knowing what others will do (or words to that effect!! )

• @James said in The great Pogba sell off comes to an end:

@dannypea
    Agreed! I like the stress free version of Football Index. Buy young, media centered players and hold them for 3 years.

It can be nerving watching players fall in value for a fews days but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Assuming FI continues the growth it has had since day1, the top 200 players will be worth substantially more in 3 years than they are today.

This is why buying at £4 and selling at £6 just doesn't fit in with a long term strategy.

My long term strategy is 3 years is a huge risk platform could go bust go international sell out to bookies who knows. I can only invest season to season with here and now risks hence my strategy is different to some

• Firstly I never look beyond 12 months and review at each transfer window. (For all i know FI could go bust in 3 years)....

I brought Griezman when i first joined at 4.00+ not because i thought he was cheap, but because i think he's Atletico's star player and he'll be one of France's most talked about (and key) players during the WC... I think his next move will be to an even bigger & better club than Atletico so i see growth in his price on that basis alone (as well as the footie hopefully increasing value in that time). I've held for a few months at negative equity but rather than get rid I've stuck to my gameplan and in fact brought more at a lower rate to offset his total value.

He scored a hat-trick on Sunday (should of had five) so a good time would be to get out now and make a profit but the bigger picture tells me a move to Man Utd, Chelsea, City perhaps is on the cards and come July they'll be throwing MB divis at us like confetti and he could potentially be worth (like Pogba could) £8-10 so much better to get out then for me???

I missed out on Van Dijk.... Failed miserably with Coutinho (who i still hold) but got it 100% right with Sanchez.... I do feel there's a flip on if a transfer is imminent but if not, other than for players under £1.50 I wouldn't suggest buying into any of the 'big hitters' for a quick flip as there short term losses can be too volatile whilst there spread is often too large... Much better is to invest as much as you can over the world elite (spread the risk) and take the MB when it comes in, enjoy the PB as an added bonus (it comes in more often than you'll expect from holding the top ten players) and if you want to flip, then get on those cheap young players in good form or on the verge of a call up or move to make you a quick buck.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.