Down voting posts

• I have a complaint about people down voting posts, not that they down vote (I rarely down vote but I know others do like this system) but that I don't get notified about it.

I know I am not the most liked poster here but I do put thought into my posts and if people have issues with posts so much they downvote, I would like to be notified so I can explain myself, or see which types of posts get downvoted.

I am never gonna go through my posts to see which are downvoted so the only time I notice is when someone upvotes and I click the link to see my vote on zero because someone had previously down voted.

So my question, would you prefer to be notified of down votes or not?

• I couldn't care

• Hugely irrelevant. It’s like listening to what @Ericali say’s...pinch of salt ;)

• @MrWh1te doesn't bother me, but objectively yeh it should notify...as you say either to let the poster respond or be more self aware... Or simply to be a vindictive bastard and return the favour lol

• @Vespasian32

Revenge neggers!!! utter scum, take it like a man

0_1569755832995_upload-321d7dd3-eb8a-4804-8e42-df2dc03ba0ec

• @Vespasian32 yeah tahts the downside of notifying I guess, some people would be vindictive.

I think I have only ever down voted about 3 times in all my time here

• @MrWh1te said in Down voting posts:

@Vespasian32 yeah tahts the downside of notifying I guess, some people would be vindictive.

I think I have only ever down voted about 3 times in all my time here

Yeah we all miss Andy M for that reason! He was my fav down vote target due to the instant apoplectic fit it induced!

• @MrWh1te gave you an upvote because i totally agree that it should notify you of an downvote in the same way it notifies you of an upvote. And not so i understand differing views on the worlds problems but for football index related posts. If i were to mention a player and get 3 ups and 1 down i want to no ive had that downvote as chances are the 3ups are fellow holders of a player but the downvote may be a less vocal person who can offer me a reason as to why hes not a good hold and i would value that information far more than 3 people upvoting just because the also hold the player

• @Ellisandro said in Down voting posts:

Hugely irrelevant. It’s like listening to what @Ericali say’s...pinch of salt ;)

Surely everyone listens to what I say.... 🤔

😉😁

• With the amount of down votes I get, I'm sure some people have been confusing me with Boris Johnson!

• @Boris999 upvote for that post. I like Boris. 😘😘

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.