A Good Problem To Have...

• I’ve been on the index since April 2017 but only properly invested in July 2018.

Back in July 2018 I deposited £2k having not been on for 6 months. This was a lot for me but as I had been on and off the index for over a year, seen the growth and understood how it worked I knew I would do ok.

However instead of doing ok, it has been exceptional and is now starting to turn into a life changing amount for me. My portfolio is now worth over £11k and it has risen nearly £3k in September alone!!

My problem is, when do I call it a day on the index? After all it’s only profit once all the players are sold and it’s in my bank account. However with a portfolio that is rising daily it is becoming very difficult to walk away from.

I know it gets asked a lot but how much further do you think the index will go? What are people’s exit strategies?

• We're just getting started :D

• Take out what you put in and play with the profit, risk free essentially.
    Good luck with whatever you decide 👍🏻

• @NewUser72082 said in A Good Problem To Have...:

I’ve been on the index since April 2017 but only properly invested in July 2018.

Back in July 2018 I deposited £2k having not been on for 6 months. This was a lot for me but as I had been on and off the index for over a year, seen the growth and understood how it worked I knew I would do ok.

However instead of doing ok, it has been exceptional and is now starting to turn into a life changing amount for me. My portfolio is now worth over £11k and it has risen nearly £3k in September alone!!

My problem is, when do I call it a day on the index? After all it’s only profit once all the players are sold and it’s in my bank account. However with a portfolio that is rising daily it is becoming very difficult to walk away from.

I know it gets asked a lot but how much further do you think the index will go? What are people’s exit strategies?

Everyone will have a different view point on this, and as such my only advice would be this to you.

What in life do you most want? If what that is can be paid for with this money - then spend it, and do what you want in life.

If what you want to do you can't afford with this money, then well, you must have enough to not worry about the amount,

Life is about experiences, be that what you give to people, what you do with people or what you can do for yourself. If this money ticks any of the boxes then put up for sale and make that experience something you take to your grave.

Once I hit the amount I need for my place to be built in France ill sell that amount and achieve something I want...I'm around £600 away, so by the end of the year I should be there.

• @Milnerman - Thanks, that’s some good advice, appreciate it!

• For me - unless you NEED the money, leave it in and reap the growth.

I'm not for a minute saying FI will go the same way, but just think how gutted someone investing $100 into Bitcoin back in 2010 would have been (circa $0.01 per bitcoin) if they had sold in Say Jan 2013 for $10? Yes, they would have turned $100 into $100k, but held on to today and it would be worth $80,000,000. Everyone on this platform is early adoptors, there is 5-10 years of growth + (just think when they open up to other countries, it is going to go full force rockets) left yet. Sit back and enjoy, and ride any small waves like there is with every single growing platform.

• @NewUser72082 is football going too end!?

• @NewUser151265 said in A Good Problem To Have...:

@NewUser72082 is football going too end!?

Based on some of the dross served up by Steve Bruce quite possibly.

• I would probably take the profit and then see what you can do with your original investment again. It is only profit once you actually take it, it's not like 2K is a small amount to carry on using really and although it's grown 3K for you this month there's a good chance that will change once the deposit bonus period is over.

• @RU99 imagine the same thing happens here that would be amazing. Maybe the day will come when a single Neymar will cost in excess of £100

• @Black-wolf just outta interest, does anyone know what Neymar would cost today without the two share splits? It must be up around the £50 mark

• @Gregolocky What was the first share split by? If it was 4 then it would be £91.32 (7.61 x 3 x 4) or if by 2 then £45.66.

• @janner73 it was 4 I think, unfortunately I wasn’t around for it though. £91 quid Neymar sounds nice if you’re holding a few thou 😜

• @Gregolocky Wasn't around either but think youre right which means not far off £100 on original prices - that's phenomenal growth! Definitely wouldn't mind sitting on a few with that profit!

• @NewUser72082 I'm having the same thoughts myself. Put £5500 in over the past two years and my port is currently worth £12500. I don't need the money at the mo so gonna let it ride for a while longer. FI is getting bigger every week, its knowing when it's gonna stop getting bigger, then it's time to take your profits. I think we are safe for a couple of years yet.

• I remember Neymar being around £2.50-£3.00 when I started. Before the days of PB. I think the equivalent would be £22.80. Amazingly I don’t think I’ve ever held him. I tend to purchase mid-low range for capital growth.

With order books, Euro 2020 and a potential dividend increase to come I do believe the growth to continue.

I’ve decided to withdraw the initial £2k I put in last July and let the profit ride. I agree with what others have said, if I don’t need it then there’s no point in pulling it all out from a growing platform.

• @NewUser72082 said in A Good Problem To Have...:

I remember Neymar being around £2.50-£3.00 when I started. Before the days of PB. I think the equivalent would be £22.80. Amazingly I don’t think I’ve ever held him. I tend to purchase mid-low range for capital growth.

With order books, Euro 2020 and a potential dividend increase to come I do believe the growth to continue.

I’ve decided to withdraw the initial £2k I put in last July and let the profit ride. I agree with what others have said, if I don’t need it then there’s no point in pulling it all out from a growing platform.

Sound plan my friend. You've removed your initial investment so you're technically playing with free money now.

• @Advinculas-Index its not his fault the owner is who he is

• @Advinculas-Index steady....we were class yesterday....

• Well done with your trade! My suggestion is that you withdraw the profits and retain the original investment, starting again. As you say, it's still growing so you have nothing to lose.

Change your NewUser name, please. You're not a new user. You can call yourself SuperInvestor, or something like that!

0_1569849712236_upload-127e0c0c-efdc-4146-a0c8-8bc6b6a2980d

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.