Bale

• Is Bale becoming a safe bet? He’s down to £2.

Back playing for Madrid & has games for Wales coming up. At 29 he now seems a steal.

• I'm on the fence. I have held for some time and not sure if I should sell up or wait to see how it develops. He's got Champs League, La Liga and Euro 2020 qualifying fixtures coming up so has every chance to see a rise.

• I think what puts a lot of people off, is that he was willing to go to China where at 29 he would effectively be worthless as an football index asset.

It's only the Madrid board pulling the plug that saved a lot of people on here a lot of money.

• @Ericali Exactly that, and I just don't think a lot of people are willing to take the gamble with him again now. It's gonna take something special from him now to change the overall sentiment towards him as a hold.

• @Bezz82

I think so... bought at 2.18 .. topping up time.. a regular niw and matter of time

• The opposite of safe.

He could be a good value depending on what happens at Madrid, but the China link makes him a high risk hold.

• China is a big risk imo. Zidane begrudgingly gives him games because he doesn't have a massive number of proven alternatives. If anyone who plays his position starts showing some form then Bale becomes second choice because Zidane doesn't want him there.

• @stumac85

No chance for china in janiary anyway! However if Utd continue to struggle i can see them being linked..

• @Zola25 I could maybe see a swap deal with Carrasco, similar positions, high profile players, Carrasco has his career ahead of him, Madrid would still be reducing their wage bill and Chinese teams have to pay 100% of fees to Chinese FA for grass roots development, a swap deal reduces their cost and Madrid save face from letting him go on a free. I’d be surprised if enquires haven’t already been made

• I can't see him going to China. I think it was a game of poker in terms of his position at Real Madrid and he won. From what I've seen he's been playing well, a lot better than Hazard last game, so he should start a number of easy games coming up.

I hold, so maybe my rose tinted glasses are a little bit biased but I'm keeping him. At £2 he's still a bargain!

• @Bezz82

Look at his year graph.

0_1569840616319_Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.49.52.png

Other than that day he agreed the China deal, Bale is at his low point.... but this time last year he was dropping... and he kept dropping until January.

I'd say it's reasonable to assume he'll keep dropping but when we get closer to the transfer windows he'll climb.

• @Bradley117

I just cant see him in china.. . I dont think zidane wants him out anymore!

• @Dan-The-Man

I think its upwards from this point.. inionestly.dont forsee further drop... yes if he wasnt playing etc then defintely... but he's playing and playing fairly well. .. also with wales coming up too.. he'll be up v quickly

• @Zola25

Perhaps, you're right.

Last year the internationals weren't really a factor so it could change things up.

For me, Bale is more about the MB than the PB but I reckon he'll be pretty determined this year to prove his greatness, so he might be a really good shout. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the £1.50 mark though....

• @Dan-The-Man said in Bale:

@Bezz82

Look at his year graph.

0_1569840616319_Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.49.52.png

Other than that day he agreed the China deal, Bale is at his low point.... but this time last year he was dropping... and he kept dropping until January.

I'd say it's reasonable to assume he'll keep dropping but when we get closer to the transfer windows he'll climb.

like the bedsheets of a horny teenager

• @Dan-The-Man

Interesting opinion. .especially 1.50! I would double or trebble up if he drops to that!!

• Interesting timing..I've held 200 of him (big for me) for 5 months. Through the ups and the downs I stood by. I finally put him on market after the Madrid derby and he sold this morning. When he got back into the real Madrid side I was banking on him to show the hunger that would lead to a premier league realising he's worth bringing back even with a big salary. As I thought his reputation was given a rough hand. I think I was wrong. A couple of months now and I just don't see the hunger. We all knew he could do flashes of brilliance which he still does. But his overall gameplay doesn't suggest someone who really cares all that much. Even when he scored it only had minor rises. I could be wrong and suddenly he flies. But right now I don't see it and added to the risk of China as well.

Those suggesting united links are straw clutching. Best hope he goes spurs on loan to appease Poch. But united...well I don't think he will even get linked (maybe the dogshit express) let alone sign

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.