MB points transparency needed.

• @Yellow I cant comment on whether newsnow use RSS feeds but I've found historically that if a story appears on newsnow from a relevant source, and names the player in full, it will always appear in the live rankings. I honestly cant remember an instance where it has not appeared. Sometimes it takes ages but it has always appeared

• @Yellow I believe NewsNow monitors websites directly for new content rather than RSS feeds but not 100% sure. Either way, the sooner the MB review is done the better.

• Thanks both @MickTurbo and @janner73

I'll send an email off to FI about it and see what they're saying.

• I've noticed hendo dropping a few pence since VVD overtook him un the live rankings, but VVD has got 140 points worth of articles with the word 'coronavirus' in the headline 不不不

• @MickTurbo This is where FI have made a mockery of MB. They are going to have to remove articles where VVD is talking about potentially missing out on the title simply cos Coronavirus is in the headline. I cant think of anything more football related right now but they've backed themselves into a corner with it.

• I noticed yesterday lunchtime that messi had two stories totalling 100 points, both stories related to his contract situation

When j looked in the evening, only 1 story showed on his feed and his points total was -20, when his stories and feed showed 40.

This has completely ruined any confidence I had in mb and even though it means I'm stagnant I wont be buying players for mb divs when it's quite clear that the system is not fit for purpose and actually makes me question how much they've fuckednup historically

• @Ddr
    VVD talking about potentially missing out on title - 0 pts
    Dalot making packed lunches for Bruno - 60 pts or whatever it was.
    Whoever we hold is that really the way we want the platform to work? It's a complete joke.

• @janner73 said in MB points transparency needed.:

@Ddr
    VVD talking about potentially missing out on title - 0 pts
    Dalot making packed lunches for Bruno - 60 pts or whatever it was.
    Whoever we hold is that really the way we want the platform to work? It's a complete joke.

The way things have gone recently, I'm strongly considering market listing my whole port as soon as football has resumed and withdrawing the lot

• @MickTurbo said in MB points transparency needed.:

I've noticed hendo dropping a few pence since VVD overtook him un the live rankings, but VVD has got 140 points worth of articles with the word 'coronavirus' in the headline 不不不

Aye

They have now been removed and Henderson is back at the top again

• @Ddr The MB review has a lot to address. It will be a key point for the product as a whole - I have faith it will be a significant improvement, just frustrated we have to wait.

• If they wanted to exclude coronavirus stories it should be as follows:

Players contracting the virus = delete
    The affects coronavirus has had on football and the players= keep

Im more of the belief all stories should be kept because whats in the news is media good or bad but scoring should reflect positive or negative actions.

• @Black-wolf Agree. This will get deleted simply because the Star has chosen to use Coronavirus: as a clickbait start to the headline. More and more headlines are doing this and the corner FI have backed themselves into in means they all get removed. If the Coronavirus was missing from the headline the article is still about the same thing but it would score points. Just seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

0_1584277418781_Capture.PNG

• At a point in time where MB is the primary driver for FI they appear to be making poor decisions and breaking MB even more (if that's possible).
    If these VVD stories don't count, that's a big mistake. There's no fucking football being played so don't narrow the eligibility further!!

• @TotalPunt Agreed, it can't be so difficult to see the difference between media about an infected person and media about the topic in general. I had considered a strategy about looking at the high profile players/captains at each of the PL teams (well more high profile clubs in reality) thinking that they are likely to be giving interviews about the impact of the virus on their club/football in general. Seems like that strategy will go to pieces with the current set up so where else can you really consider investing then for the next 3 months?

I'm a VVD holder by the way...

• @Harford-is-God Personally, I am largely ignoring the short term now, other than getting on a couple of transfer spec players. There's some risk though, in terms of whether this season simply gets voided or not. E.g. will Norwich still get relegated, then Buendia is looking good now....will Leeds go up, then Harrison and Phillips are tempting. Need a bit more info before committing.
    Defo some PB bargains appearing but not sure if there is more dip to come and is it better to wait? I am nervous that there will be a further dip when spreads narrow and people, who missed their chance before spreads widen, then sell up....nervous money basically.
    Plenty of opportunity out there, but I cant be arsed with the MB game. Not least because I missed the Bruno train and I wouldnt want to buy into Pogba and have to deal with making a timely exit, as he will get dumped big time at some point.

• What of Jan vertongens MB today? Three stories currently today about his family distress. That cant be allowed surely?

FI need to be crystal clear about what is and what isnt MB worthy.

• Just adding another example of odd MB points.

Quite why "Asensio plays a computer game" counts is odd. Its football related if you are being kind since its FIFA, but its not really a football story is it?

File this along the other bonkers stories that also count for some reason. Still cant wait for "Pogba needs a shiney to complete his panini album". Same thing here innit?

• @Leighton I think in the current climate that is a perfectly suitable story; its football based, it was a massive feel good story due to no football being played

• Right. I get that and agree. But is that actually the criteria for MB - "Feelgood". No, it's not. Will that apply from know on?

I'm not arsed if this wins or not, I'm just flagging up the inconsistency of MB. Its a general point, not specific, and another example of MB "making it up as we go along" logged, which you know for a bookies is questionable.

• @Leighton whether a story is football related or not is irrelevant. FI have stated in the past that it is only media relating to a crime that wont count but coronavirus has shown they are prepared to remove anything that may hurt the platform from a moral standpoint