Anderson Talisca

• This was bought up last week and I was a little cautious but thinking about it he is a class player, he's been in China a year and a half and will come back in the next year I would think, links with all the big European teams before leaving. At only 56p he's half the price of Yannick carrasco and just as good, his stats are brilliant and as good as carrasco in China, you can't go much on the quality but for comparison purposes their near identical. He's also younger than carrasco. What do you guys think his price in a pb league would be, I would say around £1.50

• @MUFC The first 6 months was only a loan, and then he completed a permanent move from Benfica in January - I know cos I was holding hoping for a return to Benfica and move to a PB league. Im pretty sure he signed a 3 year contract at that point and he was the one who didn't want to return to Europe.
    Based on that I struggle to see him coming back to Europe anytime soon.

• @janner73 I am coming to the conclusion you don't agree with any of my holds

• @MUFC Not at all - Im just pointing out the facts. He is a cheap gamble, but the facts also suggest a move is unlikely given that he only signed a 3 year contract in China in January.
    Im coming to the conclusion that you don't like to be challenged or want a differing view but rather only people who agree with you all the time to comment :)

I typically welcome opposing views on players as often helps me see things I didn't.

• @janner73 not at all debate is good, he has stated he wants a Brazil cap which surely won't happen in china?

• @MUFC I guess it's less likely he'll get one whilst playing in China. I did see somewhere Galatasaray were looking to loan him earlier this year but that never happened. He's cheap at the end of the day, and something may come off, but I haven't seen anything to suggest it will - low risk I guess at current price and that's the punt.

• @MUFC it's probably a reasonable bet to suggest he will come back at some point in the future.

I've previously held myself, but got bored with my money being tied up in him when it could be working for me elsewhere.

If it takes 2 years before he returns do people really want their money tied up for that amount of time? 🤔

Carrasco's case is a little different, & his price reflects this.

He's openly said he wants to come back to Europe, Talisca is currently happy where he is.

• @Ericali said in Anderson Talisca:

@MUFC it's probably a reasonable bet to suggest he will come back at some point in the future.

I've previously held myself, but got bored with my money being tied up in him when it could be working for me elsewhere.

If it takes 2 years before he returns do people really want their money tied up for that amount of time? 🤔

Carrasco's case is a little different, & his price reflects this.

He's openly said he wants to come back to Europe, Talisca is currently happy when he is.

You worded that much better than I have earlier!

• Facts don't make a good trade... I don't own talisca and have no plan to... But I've seen him mentioned enough times now that someone will make money.

Just time your exit well as the only value he has right now is people thinking he wants to move back. Not a bad strategy to buy this sort of player... As the rumour and expectation is more profitable than fact.

Now I've pumped your player it's only fair for me to say... Ibrahimovic is a better example of this...more people know him, more rumours, the rumours themselves will be higher profile, links will be to bigger clubs... And all said and done he also holds some mb value.

• I have invested in him, i got on at about 45p. Whilst there are never any guarantees, if he moves to a PB league then his price will go up. He got up to £2.15 before, so there's definite room for growth, and there is not an awful lot of money tied up in him for me to get impatient over.

• I think plenty will see value in him especially in comparison to Carrasco.

Carrasco is quite rightfully more expensive due to the established rumours and contract situation but you would expect its only a matter of time before Talisca starts getting linked with European clubs - especially as the end of the China Super League season falls just ahead of the European winter transfer window.

• @Chris-J not to mention he is a good player as well, was links with utd before china, not that I expect utd to go in with him, although with the pony we are serving up he would walk in our team at the mo

• @MUFC fucking hell, not all debate is good?!! You’re sounding a bit’Boris Johnson’ there lad!! What’s wrong with poitely disagreeing with one another?! We’ve lost the ability to disagree civilly (especially online) what’s the point of these forums if everyone agrees, someone doesn’t like your pump and has put forward a counter argument, both have merit, who knows who’s right....

• @9stevo Think you misread - he said not AT all debate is good. The at is key for context :)

• @janner73 indeed I did misread 🤦‍♂️ I stand by my point in general though as a society we’ve lost the ability to disagree!! Thanks for the polite correction! @MUFC apologies I’m off to eat a big slice of humble 🥧

• @9stevo no worries sir you enjoy it 👍

• @9stevo by the way I am always right 😉👌

• @9stevo said in Anderson Talisca:

@janner73 indeed I did misread 🤦‍♂️ I stand by my point in general though as a society we’ve lost the ability to disagree!! Thanks for the polite correction! @MUFC apologies I’m off to eat a big slice of humble 🥧

May I suggest a side dish of punctuation as an accompaniment Sir. 🤔🤣

Don't worry, I also misread the original message ... 🤷‍♂️

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.