If You'd Bought A 100 Shares In Jason Sancho 6 Months Ago Youd Have Made £500 Today

• Guy on FIs Talksport segment. I like it. That sounds appealing. Radio segment so much better now than before.

• Only listened to that feature on Talksport once, was about 2-3 months ago, and it just seemed that Jim White and the other guy who was on with him were mocking the guy talking about FI making it sound boring and not worthwhile. He was talking about different ways to win money but he made it all sound so complicated. Glad it's improved! Telling people about the money they could have made with stats like the Sancho one is good. Greed is the way to a gamblers/investors heart!

• Is this actually true? 6 months ago, according to Sancho's graph, he was £5.80. He's now worth £6.78.

So your 100 shares in him would have been bought for £580, and now they would be worth £678. His dividends in that time have been 4p, so that's basically a £4 actual profit and £98 cap app (£84 after commission if you sell).

Where's the £500 coming from?

• @kristiang85 said in If You'd Bought A 100 Shares In Jason Sancho 6 Months Ago Youd Have Made £500 Today:

Is this actually true? 6 months ago, according to Sancho's graph, he was £5.80. He's now worth £6.78.

So your 100 shares in him would have been bought for £580, and now they would be worth £678. His dividends in that time have been 4p, so that's basically a £4 actual profit and £98 cap app (£84 after commission if you sell).

Where's the £500 coming from?

Lies, that’s where it’s coming from! Lies, card tricks and Lionel Blair!

• Having heard the drab in the past and the likes of Jim White and co ridicule the index on radio i think this is a step up... Even if it is slightly false I think much better to talk about shares in 100's format than singles as trying to excite folk over 10p rises is not that compelling!!!!

Better still why not compare Jadon Sancho's rise over a YEAR on the index as his price in October when I lumped on was at just £1.23 (based on ave prior to the share split)... Now that price is £6.79 meaning a £123 investment for 100 shares back then is now worth £679 today!!!!!

Now anyone listening to that might get a little more wet around their lips then the likes of Jim would in hearing of a 14p rise on Jorginho this week just because he scored a bloody penalty against Brighton!!!!!

• @dannypea A problem with the earlier stuff is like you say he'd big up a 12p price rise on a player or 2 but I'm sure the listening public switched off in their droves. 12p doesn't exactly get pulses racing. Today he's done 2 price illustrations of how 100 shares of Sancho and Havertz would have faired over last 6 months. It certainly makes you sit up and notice. They've nailed it in that regard.

That said he was pushing Toni Kroos as a player to go for. Which is great advice for the seasoned because of his pb but he's a little on the dull side for the uninitiated. Bale might have been a good choice to push for folk to identify with.

Probably nit picking though because I was impressed today.

• To the title thread......

Only if you sold him. 👍

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.