It's time to put pressure on FI to add an extra MB place/places now squad players are eligible.

• I must admit I'm very disappointed by FI's decision not to add an extra MB place/places now MB is open to squad players, even 1p for a second place media finish on match days would've done the job. PB/cap app traders may disagree but lets be fair we've gone from 5 summer MB places to losing treble MB days during internationals and now this. Changing treble MB days to international PB hurt my portfolio but it did make sense to implement that going forward however making squad players eligible for MB but not adding an extra place/places is too much of an FU to the premium MB holders, moving the goalposts massively on our original bets.

Football index are making more money than ever with the huge spreads/instant sells, expensive IPO's which earn plenty of commission/pay out very few dividends/worsen odds for current players, the FOOTIE is at it's highest and there's more customers than ever.

In addition to the above opening up media means FI will now be making even more money! Lets say for example a former squad player beats Pogba to MB 1st place, their total payout is now a few thousand compared to tens of thousands it would have been for Pogba, I'm not convinced it will only happen 7% of the time as the statistic they've put out suggests either. I've read somewhere that they've made it open to squad players so it's apparently less confusing for new users, pull the other one.

Look my portfolio is majority top end players but I'm not going to panic instant sell my premium MB players, I believe in the product and think an extra MB place/places will likely be the next dividend increase, FI always deliver sooner or later. The MB players will then likely bounce back but I'm disappointed it wasn't on the day it opened up, it really should have been especially with the drops they've been having lately, anticipation for MB opening up has been a big factor in those drops. I think it's now time to put pressure on FI and voice our dissatisfaction, pester their twitter accounts, complain about it on the forum 🤣 etc , I know it's not ideal but they need to get the message on this.

*edit, just seen this below on twitter, MB got the least increase during the last dividend increases too.

0_1569974441417_EFzHJKyU4AAoUP3.jpeg.jpg

• @NallyCat

From their business perspective they will probably be looking at ways to discourage long terms holds on premium players, so im guessing that this has been a factor in their recent stance on diluting the MB values,

• It's all business decisions on making the most dosh. However if they keep denting the hopes of those that joined due to the long term stock holding nature, they will end up with just the fruit machine crowd, then they'll be in direct competition with all the bookies, they're USP will be gone.
    I think most people bought into the stock market idea where long term holding for dividends is key.
    I quit traditional gambling years ago, but have felt dirty trying to get involved in ipd chasing etc. So if long term 'investing' goes on here, so will I and many others. Divs increase is an absolute must to keep money locked in. Otherwise it's benefits change being swapped about on goal scorers for pennies mid match.

• Only took 2 days for the 10% bonus to end for a negative post, pretty good going if you ask me! We’ve all known for a while MB was opening up, it isn’t like they hit us with it, we’ve all had plenty of time to re-evaluate and reshape our portfolios! But I do agree dividends need to be increased.

• @NallyCat the payout will be next to nothing when retired players like crouchy are still on the index racking up mb. New users without a grasp of spread beware...!!!

I want to send FI a scathing email... The issue is, I bought back into Pogba post split when I'd already disseminated the info about the new div table and that mb was opening up.

The main thing affecting his value is just that he hasnt won mb for too long and still has uncertainty of leave away.

Not trying to diminish your anger tho, you've built an elite port for a long time based on the old div structure... When you pay for premium players and they change the goalposts a lot, they've treated your open bet with disdain as if it were toilet paper in Scotland worst toilet.

• I agree with @NallyCat and @Vespasian32 , particularly the line about treating your bet with disdain. I also agree with @Westy that the way FI are going they're gonna end up with the fruit machine crowd.

No doubt they're absolutely smashing it In terms of commission but I think the top man needs to have a really good think about what he wants his product to be. It can be a unique, innovative and groundbreaking platform attracting big investors or it can be a wasteland of scrumpled up betting slips, destitute punters and despair

It reminds me of the betvictor ad campaign which I know doesnt sit perfectly with the point I'm making but does illustrate the feelings of some of us brilliantly, link below

https://youtu.be/sPfZfRexC9M

• I'm afraid I've come to the conclusion the only long term option is to phase out MB altogether; I know long time media magnet player holders will be appalled. We all know "Pogba will rebound/buy the dip arguments" based on his MB history but for the platform to grow they need to have a clear offering that can be easily explained along the following lines, "buy players based on their footballing ability & gain rewards for their on field performances." Trying to explain player XYZ has fallen out with their manager, had a new haircut, had their dog stolen or married a WAG so deserves a dividend payout is a total non starter IMHO.

I realise the original concept was based on MB & holders bought with this in mind but times change & a long phasing out could be structured to avoid such players losing value with the change. For example no new purchases qualify & existing holds only have 3 years MB eligibility remaining which is lost if they are sold. MB is flawed as it is, under weighting of foreign media/players & exclusion of mainstream publication like The Sun due to FI management (as a Liverpool fan) falling out with them over the Hillsbro coverage - it's just simply not fit for purpose currently so scrap it & enhance what the platform needs - performance dividends.

Putting it another way given where the platform is now & where it wants to go would anyone in their right mind suggest INTRODUCING MB (in it's current structure) if it didn't exist - of course not, so why keep it? Scrapping it needs to be done sensitively & considerately, so as not to destroy players whose price has been largely built on MB such as Pogba but it's not too difficult to accomplish if the will exists & it would clearly benefit longer term growth.

• @NewUser159387 Im sorry but MB will never go entirely - its what makes the product unique and it gives it 365 day a year appeal.
    I do believe focussing on performance is right for the long-term benefit of the platform and it should absolutely be seen as more important than MB, but MB will never be phased out completely.
    If you listened to the latest FIG podcast it's clear that they intend to do an overhaul of MB which is definitely needed - an improved MB system that supports a performance driven platform is the right way forward.

• I look at BET companies and see thousands of ways that punters can win whilst keeping money locked in account... so why can't FI????

I think the shorter format needs to be looked at, more incentive to bet on the day for 24 hour rewards, all be it for higher risk... I would like to see MB for all positions (GK's included) and maybe even a 3p, 2p, 1p win for 1st 2nd & 3rd in each position? I like the penny per goal scored and think keepers and defenders getting the same for clean sheets is great. i'm not bothered about assists and defenders goals worth more as i like the idea of it being a simple format... This way FI could save a few quid and incentivise the masses so win win...?

It would make more players profitable (especially those who average really good PB scores but sometimes fall short) so the knock on effect i'm sure would be positive!!!

• Mb will remain, on the fig podcast with mike they were hinting at possible changes to include the likes of Marca and other european outlets, this will definitely help the top end.

• They obviously can't phase out media buzz as they need something when there are no games on. People have known it was going to be opened up for months so there is no point complaining about it.

There is a serious problem with prices over shooting dividends and the pod suggests they seem to think dividends are still generous. People talk about the top end but it's probably the lower and middle end which are grotesquely over priced. You take someone like Robinson of Liverpool who is priced at 150p or so and has never won a dividend which is clearly nonsense. That sort of tier is full of players who from a pure value perspective should really be trading at about 20p or so.

The issue with premium dividends is that if you take Messi. He is bad value as he will not return 5 quid dividends over his career now in reality. From a betting perspective its a poor value bet. But football index are paying out dividends to people who bought him at say 2 quid so his yield looks generous to them.

To make the index 'value' again for new users you would probably need to at least double dicidends. But for FI, it's not just about new users they also have to honour the bets of people who bought who bought Messi for 2 quid.

• MB serves a purpose in the summer months or when there are no games on.

It keeps the platform ticking over.

But there is no doubt in my mind they are trying to phase down its impact on the platform.

Anyone who can't see this has their head stuck in the sand.

The MB isn't going to be the big player it once was - people need to adapt.

• @Ericali agreed! I've adapted a while ago and bought into Rooney when it was announced. I topped up on him heavily last week after learning of Derby's team bonding sessions.. seems he will fit right in!!!🍻

• @Ericali said in It's time to put pressure on FI to add an extra MB place/places now squad players are eligible.:

MB serves a purpose in the summer months or when there are no games on.

It keeps the platform ticking over.

But there is no doubt in my mind they are trying to phase down its impact on the platform.

Anyone who can't see this has their head stuck in the sand.

The MB isn't going to be the big player it once was - people need to adapt.

I think they will probably want to get rid of triple media during the season. They have started with the euros. Suspect cups in some way will be added to do this.

If they push media during the summer and marginalise it during season then it means bigger turnover of portfolios which is what they want.

• @mike778 exactly.

It won't be long before Cup Finals & possibly Semi Finals are PB eligible too as I think they allured to such a scenario on the Surveys.

• @Tom77 said in It's time to put pressure on FI to add an extra MB place/places now squad players are eligible.:

Mb will remain, on the fig podcast with mike they were hinting at possible changes to include the likes of Marca and other european outlets, this will definitely help the top end.

Don’t think it will help the top end. You’ll have players that represent the big leagues internationally and the big players in these leagues clocking up points when they’ve previously never won mb.

• @Timothee-Atouba hmm agree that a load of people who've never stood a chance will start posting some big mb... But not necessarily regularly win... I mean... Neymar currently wins more mb in England, where he has never played or been close to playing.... Than the whole of the England team put together. So adding French and Spanish outlets will only boost him and other very high profile players further.... Messi, ronaldo, neymar, pogba probably the most talked about in every country.

• @Timothee-Atouba do you think the likes of willock, nketiah, saka, gilmour would be winning with modest scores if it was widened... Can't see them getting many additional stories from foreign outlets.

• It's all like when Ea games took over Call of duty... Good old fashioned soldiering replaced by kids jumping around in metal suits...

If FI continues to go more towards fast gambles, then I wonder how long it'll be until another football Stockmarket appears?

• @Timothee-Atouba said in It's time to put pressure on FI to add an extra MB place/places now squad players are eligible.:

@Tom77 said in It's time to put pressure on FI to add an extra MB place/places now squad players are eligible.:

Mb will remain, on the fig podcast with mike they were hinting at possible changes to include the likes of Marca and other european outlets, this will definitely help the top end.

Don’t think it will help the top end. You’ll have players that represent the big leagues internationally and the big players in these leagues clocking up points when they’ve previously never won mb.

The likes of marca/build/AS all they talk about are top layers, griezmann/messi/hazard/neymar - pogba if he moved to Spain...

You I’ll have the top players winning media.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.