FI Looking To Streamline The Player Database. Premium Players Only. Thoughts?

• In the FIG podcast there was talk from the FI almighty of a streamlining the players on offer. The thought being to concentrate the liquidity in here into a finite number of players. Spreading the money around a large number of players is not good for FI as it doesnt maximise the commision potential. Personally Id prefer a Football Manager type database. Nothing like jumping on a French second division player that no one has heard of and making good when he makes his big move. Its been really disappointing with the Champions League on now and some of the non PB teams are showing the PB teams how to play yet many of their players are not offered. And now i find out retired footballing bean pole Peter Crouch does still maintains a status here.

A minimum for me would be all PB League players, all PB eligible team players 25 and under outside of PB leagues and maybe decent pool of players in second tier teams(such as English Championship) maybe voted upon by the community as happens in some of the nerdy football management games i get involved in.

• Maybe it's just all the crap old retired players and left overs from the world Cup squads they will hopefully clear out!

Be a shame though, I'm 12.5% up on Marquez at the moment.

• This post is deleted!

• They definitely need a cull. Alot of deadwood knocking about. I love Costa Rica but would I want their first eleven making up my port? Would anybody? I dont think Ive ever said this out loud but theres far too many Costa Ricans knocking about these parts.

• All this becomes possible with the introduction of order books; punter to punter ONLY trading without FI having the financial liability of "buyer of last resort" i'e the IS button. Once established & IPO's resolved whether blind auction or simply improving the current system then a fully open player database is possible & when backed by the NASDAQ technological trading solutions (which shouldn't crash, get hacked or fail under volume stress) then everything will be gravy.

Hope to see it all in place by start of next season, earlier if possible but getting it correct more important than rushing it's introduction IMHO.

Exciting times & exponential growth incoming!!

• I'd be happy. Every added player dilutes the market.

• @NewUser159387 Good point on orderbooks which was why it was peculiar that in the interview they talk of the orderbook potential and then in the next breath talk of limiting the database. From all they are doing I think they are trying to move away from folk jumping on a 3 year hold. Me grabbing 1000 shares of young unknown and sitting on him for a season or 3 is not good for business.

• I've lost count of the number of times I've looked for a youngster that I know of and not been able to find them. The real frustration is when it's not even a youngsters but someone playing week in week out just for a less popular team yet you've got Blas Perez of Panama, Badr Banoun of Raja Casablanca and Olafur Skulason of SV Zulte Waregem all on the index.

I get @Vespasian32 point about diluting the market but there has to be a medium between having every single player in the world on here and people who we can easily watch week in week out not being here.

• The one thing I will say is that they need to add players before they become first team players and in some cases hot property. There’re players not on yet that are going to hit £3 on ipo day which is a shame imo. If they added an extensive database of course initially money would come out of existing holds but in the future the impact will be far less as money would trickle into young players as opposed to a huge torrent when like currently they are already first team players.

• @Brane_Ormso yeh but when you've got a legend like kownacki stepping up to the plate on Friday night on a single game day being dumped by some arse hole called borisss (not @Boris999)
    And the ticker full of people buying Ian Smith... You can see there is an issue and a cleansing would help.

• @Vespasian32
    https://bulinews.com/news/3571/dawid-kownacki-out-of-action-with-muscle-injury

Don't think Kownacki will be stepping up to any plate on Friday :)

• think the simplest thing possible would be for FI to delete players that nobody owns... i'm sure there's a few? so the likes of Vahid Amiri and Soslan Dzhanayev at the foot of the index could easily be wiped out and nobody will miss them either!!!

Issue is.. IF FI intend to pay dividends on the Euros next year (and the World Cup beyond that) then 'all' those involved should be eligible (which enhances the likeliness of further 'crap' players being added in the future). Can't have it both ways... As said above i love the idea of 'more' choice making it even better when us investors unearth a gem but in reality only a few can score points in media and performance and having 32 year old Iranians and players from Panama that will not ever play in a PB league is really a waste of time!!

• @Vespasian32 said in FI Looking To Streamline The Player Database. Premium Players Only. Thoughts?:

@Brane_Ormso yeh but when you've got a legend like kownacki stepping up to the plate on Friday night on a single game day being dumped by some arse hole called borisss (not @Boris999)
    And the ticker full of people buying Ian Smith... You can see there is an issue and a cleansing would help.

Totally agree that a cleanse is needed. To much wasted space on index with players that a) nobody owns, b) nobody wants to buy and c)nobody has heard of

• @janner73 said in FI Looking To Streamline The Player Database. Premium Players Only. Thoughts?:

@Vespasian32
    https://bulinews.com/news/3571/dawid-kownacki-out-of-action-with-muscle-injury

Don't think Kownacki will be stepping up to any plate on Friday :)

Ah so the dump makes more sense.... Fucks sake! Watch out for an update on the injured players thread soon!

• Judging by the picture... Looks like a serious neck injury!

• @Vespasian32 said in FI Looking To Streamline The Player Database. Premium Players Only. Thoughts?:

@Brane_Ormso yeh but when you've got a legend like kownacki stepping up to the plate on Friday night on a single game day being dumped by some arse hole called borisss (not @Boris999)

Other Boris is an arse hole. This Boris is a nice trader. This trader made @Vespasian32 and @Ericali more 💰 by buying 1500 Zlatans to push his price up after they got in first :)

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.