Stop the world. Let me get off.

• Possible 6 match ban.

Really!!!!

Jesus Christ.

• @Milnerman who?

• Silva.

Seriously.

I just don’t get the world we live in anymore.

• Seeeeeeeelllll!! 😱

• @Milnerman
    I am offended! 😁
    Taking our Lord's name in vain.. 🤫
    I recommend education classes.
    Welcome to the snowflake culture.

• Racially insensitive - Jesus Christ... he was just trying to have a bit of fun with his mate.

it’s not like he used a picture of a Golly Wog.

• He'll get a 1-3 match ban at most but a prescient has to be set. It'll be a lesson for him and others to think before they post something stupid. Looking at the tweet it doesn't matter if Mendy isn't offended, at the end of the day it is offensive to black people in general. A slap on the wrist is needed for him to learn the error of his ways. Won't be 6 matches though, that's reserved for aggressive racist incidents like the Suarez incident.

• I don't really want to go down the whole 'racism' route as no doubt my prejudice opinion will lead to the closure of this thread but there is a white conguitos character who i think looks like JonJo Shelvey....

IF Bernardo had sent this... 'for arguments sake' would it be an issue?

I perhaps think not....?

• @dannypea 👏👏👏👏👏

Although as a white bald man I am secretly horrified

• Joke! Mendy replied to the comment laughing and saying 1-0 to Silva, they are mates and have been for years.

Silva's response saying "can't even share a joke with friends any more" was totally bang on.

Will pull out all the stops when it's two mates laughing but when there is abuse online and in stadiums they do nothing.

Now I best stop typing as i'm afraid my keyboard is making too much noise and it may upset someone in the office and then who knows what sort of ramifications I could face, then again I could just complain that it is a breach of my human rights and I should be able to type as loud as I want and before you know it I'm in court defending myself and calling on all of you to be witnesses.

• I’m actually on my soapbox about this at work.

I have been round the business.

Including gay people, one person changing from a women to a man. 4 Indians, a Bangladesh lad, 11 black people and around 20 white folk and only 1 person thought the tweet was silly.

No one thought it racist. And the age ranges go from 21 to 59.

Fuck knows what’s going on????

I’m expecting to get locked up on Saturday when I go to the football.

No more songs about the keeper being fat, his wife taking up the arse, blind refs. No more statements about ‘they breed them fucking big over there don’t they’ or the ginger prick is wank eh.

I remember a day when a black person being called certain names was racist. But it seems a tweet between two people who are friendly with each other. Can be deemed if others take offence to be racist

One of the people involved has said he has no issue. So what’s the issue?

The issue is some people like to get involved and claim it’s upset so many others.

Load of shit, seriously what a load of bollaxs.

• AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE I DONT HOLD ANY SHARES IN HIM!!!!

Rubbish.

• @dannypea

I know what you mean. I'm all for stamping out racism but I remember years ago when Beckham was going to get some award at the MOBO's for charity work and the organisers weren't happy about it because he was white!

I thought can you imagine if the WOBO's were a thing (there's the first idiotic point in all this) and turned out organisers were unhappy about giving an award to Trevor McDonald because he wasn't white.

Racism is wrong end of and should be stamped out, but when two mates share a joke and the one who has "apparently" been racially abused is laughing about it on the same forum the "racist" insult occurred then surely we have to remember what common sense is and fcuking use it!

• @Milnerman said in Stop the world. Let me get off.:

AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE I DONT HOLD ANY SHARES IN HIM!!!!

Rubbish.

This is by far the most troubling aspect of the entire saga!

alt text

• Yea its no different to how every young white lad with dark hair and glasses gets called Harry Potter - Whether the person making the statement is black, white or asian, it doesn't matter as its nothing more than a joke....

• @Brane_Ormso said in Stop the world. Let me get off.:

@dannypea

I thought can you imagine if the WOBO's were a thing (there's the first idiotic point in all this) and turned out organisers were unhappy about giving an award to Trevor McDonald because he wasn't white.

I doubt there will ever be a "Whites of Black Origin" ceremony!!

Bit of a nonsense, but it makes Mahrez' place in the line up that little bit more secure. Maybe after Guardiola's comments yesterday we could even see Foden get a game, esepcially with KDB a doubt as well.

• Out of interest, is anyone here commenting from the BME community?

• Kick it out are the instigators behind it. The FA's hands are probably tied as if they do nothing then they look stupid in front of the big anti racism initiative.

An absolute nonsense though.

• @Joev said in Stop the world. Let me get off.:

@Brane_Ormso said in Stop the world. Let me get off.:

@dannypea

I doubt there will ever be a "Whites of Black Origin" ceremony!!

Bit of a nonsense, but it makes Mahrez' place in the line up that little bit more secure. Maybe after Guardiola's comments yesterday we could even see Foden get a game, esepcially with KDB a doubt as well.

Well spotted you win a spot prize, i was supposed to type MOWO not WOBO. Serves me right for trying to comment on here, talk on the phone and deal with clients. haahaa

• White players get likened to cartoon characters too. Look at Rooney - called Shrek. I am black in answer to @Dr-Jan-Itor . I personally don't think the picture was racist, taking the context into consideration.

This is a learning curve for Silva (who I hold). Yes, he and Mendy are friends and joke around like that all the time, but Twitter is open to most of the world. It's better for him and Mendy to keep those type of jokes private.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.