The index is changing ... have you?

• @LittleFish said in The index is changing ... have you?:

7% bollocks from FI. I for one don't trust them for a moment. I'm not being a mug punter so the process of derisking has started.

@johnboywalker as if I had asked for an example.

• @NewUser731 I've held Mo from when I joined. He's now at the same price. Why because FI have changed the rules and lied about the impact. How many squad players have one MB so far? No sorry this is not for me. Thought it was a bit Micky mouse 7 months ago with the IT of a shit under graduate. Then all this don't point out the problems on FI because you will put off new 'investors'. Nah might not be a ponzi scheme but not far off it.

• @LittleFish You know that they lied about the impact of mb do you? Fair play for going to the trouble of collating all the historic mb scores for squad players.

• @Timothee-Atouba lies dam lies and statistics. How many squad players have won MB since 1st Oct?

• @LittleFish you have missed my point. If you want to sell up then the clever way to do it would be to sell up silently. More for your benefit than mine. If you discredit FI there is a higher chance that more people will sell (possibly before you get a chance) therefore dropping the price of your players. If you have trust issues with FI then I would wholeheartedly suggest you leave. Once again, you having a public tantrum benefits neither yourself nor anybody else.

• @LittleFish It’s completely irrelevant. A child wouldn’t even put forward a five day sample.

• @NewUser731 thanks for your concerns but I'm nearly out save Pogba.

• @Timothee-Atouba I note you never answered the question just turned to abuse. But as a wise man said never argue with an idiot they've had more practice than you. Good night.

• @LittleFish is it not only the one player since its changed? I know Willian should of won it as well but they didn't pay out on it but I expect them to. It's not like this change hasn't been coming and the LLoris injury was a freak incident. I guess FI just have collated it from last year/season(s) they can hardly be blamed if players start winning outside of the top200. Who's to say in the months to come they don't open MB up and pay 3 places every day. I'm not saying they will but it wouldn't surprised me if they did.

• @johnboywalker

I have almost finished selling up a 2.3k port that I built up from 1.1k deposits over 1.5 years. Didn't expect to sell up this soon, but if I'm honest, I slightly naively committed to some spending next year which is dependent on the money locked up in my port.

Usually, I'd ride out a dip, but with the IPDs, euro divs and mb opening up, I just felt like I couldn't keep up with the pace of change and volatility in the market whilst my pb-focused port was taking a hammering - so I decided to derisk and sell up with the deposit bonus growth.

Now I have a clean slate, I'm going to really enjoy revaluating my Index strategy next month or two whilst everything becomes a bit clearer and the market adjusts to the recent changes - and then I'll attack it again in the new year.

I hope a lot of the other traders selling up have the intention of getting back on later. I sold up, yet I love the Index and believe in it over the longer term. However, I do think FI need to be very careful if they're to change the goal posts again anytime soon.

• @LittleFish It wasn’t abuse at all. You’re accusing them of dishonesty and putting forward a five day sample as some sort of confirmation of your suspicions. Clearly that’s irrelevant as you well know.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in The index is changing ... have you?:

@LittleFish It’s completely irrelevant. A child wouldn’t even put forward a five day sample.

So I've just been doing some analysis whilst munching brekkie.

In October so far, we have had 9 "squad" players winning MB/top spot MB in just 23 days, which equates to 39%. That's massive. Over 5 times what FI predicted it would be.

One thing that does seem apparent is that a lot of these "squad" player wins are directly concerning action or results on the pitch, either that same night or from the previous day. None are for "a nice haircut" or other non-stories (YET! 🙈😂)

I'd imagine this 39% figure will come right down when we get non-match days (which are pretty rare these days). The papers are still likely to write about the best players when there are no games being played.
    Bearing this in mind, we can't jump to any conclusions about the true effect of opening up the squad for MB until a good few months have passed.

It will also be interesting to see just how much MB these well-performing squad players are going to take away from the big boys like Neymar etc who'd sometimes still steal MB during game days when they weren't even playing.

Incidentally, how are people generally feeling about the index now that the dust has settled and we are only a few days away from the dividend increases kicking in?

• Lots on on offer for every type of trader.

Looking forward to the future of footballindex.

• @ScouseSte I think mb is destroyed... Its now more like a nice surprise here and there... Nothing I would invest in after last night as an example

But the boost to PB with a review every season puts the platform as a whole in a very appealing state. And I look forward to future.

What I'd really love is an accessible summary of the product road map. They make an announcement like mb opening up... At share split, 6 months ago... Then one more wishy washy communication that it was delayed (Aug?) then bang it was opened. If you had joined in September... How would you know that was going to happen? We've been told now that there will be a review of divs at the start of each season... If someone joins in march next year and buys players in build up to euros... They don't know a div review is imminent and will look to flip their players during/after the euros...

I've restructured 2-3 times in the past few months due to the rule changes... Now I'm settled on pb players... The biggest threat to my money is them changing the pb matrix again to attract new users... I. E. Make goals more valuable again (there's another outcry on twitter about sterling scoring a hatrick, getting an assist and winning a pen but losing pb to kroos etc)

I'd like a stake in the ground... Readable to all 'the next div review is 1st July 2020. The next pb matrix review is Jan 2021. The next mb review is...' etc.

This would give me the faith in my own bets and I'd then have the trust that I would recommend the product to my pals as I could advise them who to bet on without wondering if they will be imminently fucked over by a whimsical change to the rules cos the footie had a bad day.

• @Vespasian32

Very little chance of that happening.

FI love changing things with little or no notice, because it forces endless portfolio restructuring and lots of commission for them.

• @ScouseSte

Not feeling good at all.

FI announce a massive 50%+ increase in dividends and the footie increases by circa 5,000 points to 130,000 (i.e. just 4%).

That is worrying in my eyes and suggests that we may be reaching market saturation point.

There’s still money to be made by being better than other traders, but very little from general market growth.

• @Vespasian32 said in The index is changing ... have you?:

(there's another outcry on twitter about sterling scoring a hatrick, getting an assist and winning a pen but losing pb to kroos etc)

It's funny how when certain players score a hat trick and dont win they are bad PB players, but when other players score a hat trick and dont win the matrix is broken.

Kroos got a GWG last night and anybody who knows anything about PB will tell you that kroos + GWG equals a formidable score.

I agree MB is dead, although I am pulling for jorginho today, I also agree that FI should set dates for reviews because like you I have re-structured over and over because of the changes FI have made. We need to know where we stand.

• @MickTurbo also routing for jorginho.... But batshity scored 1600 pts in about 30 mins yesterday for coming off the bench and scoring a tap in. Mb will be won by a randomer tonight. Or hopefully martinelli does the business again for me and gets pb and mb

• @MickTurbo said in The index is changing ... have you?:

Kroos got a GWG last night and anybody who knows anything about PB will tell you that kroos + GWG equals a formidable score.

He also played very well by all accounts and has been one of Madrids best players this year. Different story if he had a rubbish game, scored the winner and still won.

Never really looked for MB in my holds, but going by the announcement they are at least going to look at it for the future.
    Would like to see a proper overhaul though not just a few tweaks. Get the scoring system correct, make sure stories about every player start appearing (accents and naming issues), include at least some media from foreign outlets.
    If/when there is a fair and correct system then it can become a real strength of the platform IMO.

• @Vespasian32 yeh not counting my chickens on jorginho, it was unbelievable how them MB points racked up last night for Bats.

@Neil2265 Yeh I'll be watching with interest but will not be buying specifically for MB unless things change. I'm enjoying the PB game anyway although last night I was absolutely nowhere near, all I got was 1p IPD from memphis