All aboard the Messi train - The Future King of FI

• Once he gets back to full health, once PB players start to outweigh MB players as people tweak their investment strategy, Messi will be the new king of FI, we have seen what he did tonight and it was dubious if he would even play

And in my opinion De Bruyne will follow in second, these two are PB kings

• @Marve
    You been on the booze?

• no booze

it must have been getting on for 200 points in the second half alone, and with just 1 assist!!!

• @MM for me it my top 3 for PB are

Fwd Messi
    Mid KDB
    Def TAA

Although Neymar is just as good as Messi for PB if he can stay fit. Messi should be a lot closer to Neymars price but people worry about his age but funnily enough we dont worry as much about Neymar injury record

• @MM Messi played 90mins didn't he? Sterling scored 245 last night and only came on after 55mins

• @Black-wolf It’s because Neymar can rack up Mb while injured , not to say Messi can’t however Neymar has countless Mb ahead he’s not staying at PSG.
    I’m a messi holder but it’s also mainly age holding him down

• @Snrub yes, sterling goal, was the winning goal, and got assist

as far as i am aware messi was awful first half, maybe understandable hes not 100% yet

hence for me looking at the trajectory, messi could really fly was he gets going

edit: just to add, for me sterling can be the best in the world in 5 years, if he keeps on the path he is going

• @MM

Agree but good to remember he is an MB champion as well. Won MB 3 days in a row during the last 10 days.

• @NewUser140313 i suppose im looking at it, as in MB is a cherry on the cake, im definitely well more focused on PB as the main driver and it being more sustainable over the long term

so similar thoughts for De Bruyne too

• @jay i hold both Neymar and Messi as they are perfect for FI as is Ronaldo but i fear for his PB scores under Sarri. As the season goes on Messi’s price will rise regardless of his age, retirement as a long way off as Barca need him they tend to struggle without him so they’ll pay him to play for as long as they can

• When Neymar as at Barcelona, how did he fair on FI

Any thoughts as to PSG being the best place for him to maintain is lofty positions

• @MM PSG is better for his PB as at Barca Messi will outscore him but his MB would increase so hard to say what would happen to his price but its likely to drop a little on return to Barca id think

• @MM said in All aboard the Messi train - The Future King of FI:

as far as i am aware messi was awful first half, maybe understandable hes not 100% yet

Yet he still won PB + Star man, he's the GOAT for a reason; when he's fit & plays 90mins he will win PB more often than not FACT.

I see the addition of Griezman as very positive, allowing him to drop a bit deeper & reducing the pressure to provide all the GWG's he can now just feed Griezman the assists. He will be a must hold FI asset for at least a couple more years IMO & only serious injury lay offs will prevent him being a dividend machine. His age & potential fitness issues will restrict his price somewhat but that actually helps make him better value in terms of dividend yield. At some point in the future there will be a large sell off from big holders but I think that could still be a couple of seasons away.

• 1.25 multiplier applied to the champions league games?

Not much noise about that, makes PB score look better obvs.

• @Tom77 yeah that multiplier applies to everyone. He still would’ve won if you discount the multiplier, if he finished ranked 1 for PB, it’s ranked 1 regardless

• @Andy said in All aboard the Messi train - The Future King of FI:

@Tom77 yeah that multiplier applies to everyone. He still would’ve won if you discount the multiplier, if he finished ranked 1 for PB, it’s ranked 1 regardless

Not sure everyone actually realises though, skews PB scores for everyone in the long term.

• It the fact that he won PB in a match where for the first 55 mins Barca had great difficulty breaking down their opponents.

Add to this the score was achieved on the back of Messi just getting 1 assist.

It’s would be fair to assume that there will be a number of games this season where Barca rack up 4/5/6 goals in matches and invariably it will be Messi that weighs in with a couple of goals and or assists in those matches.

When this happens he will score in excess of 300 points

• @Tom77 said in All aboard the Messi train - The Future King of FI:

@Andy said in All aboard the Messi train - The Future King of FI:

@Tom77 yeah that multiplier applies to everyone. He still would’ve won if you discount the multiplier, if he finished ranked 1 for PB, it’s ranked 1 regardless

Not sure everyone actually realises though, skews PB scores for everyone in the long term.

I think that matters less so for Messi, as he was a PB beast before all this, so the multiplier and changes to PB matrix just makes him a better PB machine.

• @Advinculas-Index really hope he does. Been dying to find out what scores he’d post after injury. Granted this score does have the multiplier on it, but still, last night just proved how much of a PB machine Messi still is despite his age. Literally everything Barca does goes through him

• The PB on its own will see incredible profits generated from holding Messi over the season in my opinion, thats without considering any MB here and there and any capital growth

Similar can be said for De Bruyne in my opinion too