The next Victor Osimhen

• 3 months ago Victor Osimhen was 75p per share. At time of writing he is £2.23. Almost a 200% rise in just 3 months. He earned this rise with 6 goals so far in Ligue 1 since joining Lille and a couple of Champions League goals.

Habib Diallo, I think, will be the next French based striker to rise in similar fashion, here is why...

• At 24 years old he is slightly older than Osimhen but still on the young side.
    • He is joint top scorer in Ligue 1 along with Osimhen and Dembele on 6 goals.
    • Despite this great form he is only 94p per share.
    • He plays for Metz who are newly promoted and struggling in 17th position. Bigger clubs will be taking notice of him as joint top scorer in the league despite his team's bad form.
    • The index is seeing goalscorers rise quickly as people chase IPDs. Diallo is scoring probably more frequently than anyone else under £1.
    • 26 goals last season in the second tier prove that this isn't a one off season. Again, makes a potential transfer likely.

Players who score goals in this volume don't stay at clubs like Metz. You have the IPD factor, a young age, a low buy price and a potential transfer. Does he have a downside as a hold?

Thoughts welcome. I do hold but won't be selling.

• Andre Silva, away game today plus 3 games at home in a row

• @NewUser179280 said in The next Victor Osimhen:

Andre Silva, away game today plus 3 games at home in a row

Already hold him 😊 got on him at 71p. He's currently priced a good 30p higher than Diallo though and hasn't scored as many goals. Granted though he has European football.

• @BradD

Good pump, admittedly I'd never heard of him, but the stats seem good.

Only issue for me is that he is non european (Senegalese), and therefore will miss out on several PB eligible international fixtures and the upcoming Euros in the summer.

Almost all my holds at present have to meet this criteria.

• @NewUser179280 said in The next Victor Osimhen:

Andre Silva, away game today plus 3 games at home in a row

Hopefully he will called up back to portugal.

• @johnboywalker said in The next Victor Osimhen:

@BradD

Only issue for me is that he is non european (Senegalese), and therefore will miss out on several PB eligible international fixtures and the upcoming Euros in the summer.

Criteria for next summer on one thread but suggesting leaving the platform on another.. JohnBoy, if the boot was on the other foot you'd be having a field day!

@BradD cracking bit of work there mate, big move looks obvious. If it's not January you have money tied up for a while. Do you know if he's the all round Rooney-alike or if he's simply a fox in the box?

• @Lukeroro tbh I don't know loads about him, I'll admit it's a completely stats based investment. I found him last season along with his strike partner Niane but didn't get on either of them for some reason. But I don't have access to a TV channel that shows Ligue 1.

Diallo seems to have hit the ground running in Ligue 1 where as Niane isn't quite doing what he did in Ligue 2.

As you said...if he doesn't move until the summer then the money is tied up for a while but I'm hoping he can rise even as a Metz player if he carries on like this and then a transfer to say Marseille or Lyon for example in the summer could see him really rise.

• Well I thought the next Victor Osimhen would be Henry Onyekuru. Not currently getting the game time at Monaco. I'm sure he'll come good at some point though.
    I'll definitely have a look at this player.
    Thanks!

• @Dronny-Gaz said in The next Victor Osimhen:

Well I thought the next Victor Osimhen would be Henry Onyekuru. Not currently getting the game time at Monaco. I'm sure he'll come good at some point though.
    I'll definitely have a look at this player.
    Thanks!

I held Onyekuru last season. Wanted to get back on him when he joined Monaco but they seem to have a number of strikers on the books with Ben Yedder, Slimani, Augustin, Balde and then Jovetic and Geubbels if they are ever fit again so it put me off him.
    If Onyekuru gets a run in the team though he will increase for sure!

• I have him in my watch list as of last night funnily enough, great minds.. just hovering over the 'buy' button

• Been on Habib since last season (about 40p from memory). He’s also my biggest riser in the Advincula league which as everyone knows is what’s really important.

• @Jimi182 said in The next Victor Osimhen:

I have him in my watch list as of last night funnily enough, great minds.. just hovering over the 'buy' button

Yeah I bought him last night haha. I went on a bit of a spree of picking up under valued strikers because the strikers I do hold seem to have really increased in value recently.

• @Lukeroro said in The next Victor Osimhen:

@johnboywalker said in The next Victor Osimhen:

@BradD

Criteria for next summer on one thread but suggesting leaving the platform on another.. JohnBoy, if the boot was on the other foot you'd be having a field day!

@BradD cracking bit of work there mate, big move looks obvious. If it's not January you have money tied up for a while. Do you know if he's the all round Rooney-alike or if he's simply a fox in the box?

Am I not allowed to be a dissenting voice about the direction I feel the platform seems to be taking? I'd say I have earned that right.

Maybe you would rather not hear criticism of the platform, I understand that.

But if the concerned voices don't speak up and let you know their thoughts, one day you will be sitting on the forum and ask yourself 'I wonder where all the old timers have gone'.

I would prefer to know the reasons why somebody is thinking about leaving the platform, rather than ignoring the elephant in the room.

The amount of users that appear to have agreed with my original post might suggest I have made some valid points.

Whether I intend to leave today or in a years time is irrelevant. Any sensible investor on here would already have structured their portfolio with Euro 2020 in mind.

• @johnboywalker it was tongue in cheek.

All said and done, I agreed in the other thread the goalposts have moved. But if the long term isn't the best way of making profit any more - or the platform is making it more difficult - it may be a bit early to be looking at the Euros?

• @Lukeroro said in The next Victor Osimhen:

@johnboywalker it was tongue in cheek.

All said and done, I agreed in the other thread the goalposts have moved. But if the long term isn't the best way of making profit any more - or the platform is making it more difficult - it may be a bit early to be looking at the Euros?

I think long term and short term are easier to predict. It's the mid term holds I'm struggling to find profit from.

Long term - Eriksen, moving in the summer, Vertongen pumped his missus, potential for PB both with spurs and denmark, and then Euros in the summer.

Leroy Sane - returning from injury, possible move to Bayern, but PB friendly wherever he ends up.

Ryan Fraser - likely to move for free in the summer and suits the PB matrix. I would be intrigued to see him develop further at a top 6 club.

Short term - Perisic, Willian, Gundogan, ilicic, basically anyone under £1 who has the potential to jump 20p following a goal or good performance.

Mid term - J Rodriguez, Isco, T Hazard, J Tah, amongst others. These are the holds I'm struggling with.

It probably highlights a problem for many, myself included, of checking our portfolios multiple times a day and getting frustrated with the constant fluctuations.

I don't like the idea of being a 'day trader', but the market appears to be demanding this mindset in order to maximise profit.

• @johnboywalker I hear that. I would like to be able to either create sepatate lists within my portfolio or colour coordinate/label different players within my portfolio so I could keep better guage on what's going on there. @Mark-FI I think you're the fella involved in this..

I tend to long term trade but itchy fingers at the moment. We're at that stage of the season where a lot of the unknown players are rocketing and becoming known so I'm looking at short term trades a lot more. It also seems the best thing to revise now before it becomes the only way of making real money on FI!

Eriksen I shall be on alongside soon but I think Tottenham could drop further in general, his price too.

• @BradD Thanks for the tip. Just seen a skills video and have got on. If he's half as successful as Osimhen, I'll be well pleased.

0_1570117551125_upload-235d7282-f301-48d5-ba43-33caea1931f7

0_1570117587584_upload-a7775dd7-ec32-46a5-9df4-6013dba9c855

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.