Man U fans.... question.... Pogba or Fernandes

• Question... would you prefer a fit Pogba who is one of the best in the world on his day but whinges like a baby with nappy rash? Or a Bruno who is on fire all last season and started the same this season and actually wants to play in the Premier League.

• I'd rather take the gamble and go for Fernandes.

Pogba probably better individually but the team is clearly never going to 'click' with him in it.

• If it's a straight choice one or the other then Pogba. However, you'd probably get double the money Fernandes would cost for Pogba, so if you offered the choice of Fernandes plus another Centre Mid/Striker/Right Winger- I'd 100% choose that. I would not put Fernandes in the current midfield on his own as it is shocking and he'd have to spend longer near his own goal than the oppositions, I think he'd have to be accompanied by other signings

• Out of the two I'd rather have Fernandes. Pogba has openly declared he's wants a new challenge & I don't want anyone at the club who doesn't want to be there.

But I'd prefer neither, it's just if I had to pick one over the other.

I'd personally prefer (as a holding midfielder) Rice, with Eric Dier as a cheaper alternative.

And as the attacking midfielder I'd want Van De Beek, Eriksen or Maddison.

Should be able to get 2 in for Pogba's 130m & slot them alongside McTominay.

• @Ericali I don’t support Utd but I have to say if you think Eric Dier is an improvement on any Utd midfielder either first team or youth team with the exception of Matic, then you’ve lost the plot

• @Gregolocky I did say he's a back up behind Rice. 👍

He sits on Spurs bench, is still young (English) & wouldn't break the bank.

Like you say, he's an improvement to Matic & we need someone to sit in front of the back 4 & be disciplined.

• Fernandes please fuck pogba can't be arsed half the time

• @Ericali West Ham would probably charge an astronomical fee for Rice, these clubs don't need to sell anymore so they can probably demand 60 mill+ which is ludicrous. Seems like United are determined to buy English though so they're gonna have to pay these premium prices

• @ChazFI123 well I'd pay the £60m in a heartbeat - he's only 20 & we payed £50m for Fred!!

• @Ericali if I had any choice I'd probably go for Ndidi, but I don't think Leicester would be willing to sell him, Maguire and Maddison! I think there's a chance United may hope Newcastle are in even more trouble in January so Ole can finally get his man at the price he was willing to pay (Longstaff)

• @ChazFI123 God no! 😱 (Longstaff)

Too similar to McTominay only downgraded!

We need a 'sitter' to screen the backline, intercept & mop up any balls.

Someone who's box-to-box, with energy, hussle's & harries (McTominay)

Then an attacking midfielder & creative spark.

• tbf if i were a Man Utd fan I would rather have the lad Etebo at Stoke City than Pogba!!!! at least he runs, tackles and works for his money!!!!!

• @Ericali I'm not saying I think they should go for him, but I'm saying that if he was keen for him in the summer there's no reason for him not to be in January, especially if they can get Newcastle to lower their asking price.

• @Ericali You can have Eriksen😉

• @Gazz127 said in Man U fans.... question.... Pogba or Fernandes:

@Ericali You can have Eriksen😉

For £30-35m he'd be a steal.

Levy has to accept something or get nothing in 6 months.

• @Ericali ballotelli’s post about ‘mario’ springs to mind..levy hoarding.

• I wouldnt buy Fernandes he isn't proven in a top league.

Fernandes last 4 games possession lost stat 32, 22,29, which is shocking, do that for a top team and you will get shown up.

Compare with Fred 11,11,14 times.

Pogba,17,18,20 times.

I’

• @Tom77 those stats mean nothing in reality, some players play safe, easy to make 50 safe passes per game, fernandes tries to make things happens, takes a chance, scoring goals and assists is basically what you want from an attacking midfielder, then its upto manager to find partners to clean up behind him,i agree you wouldnt want 4 midfielders like fernandes but there is room for 1 especially in utds dire team, ball retention is overrated if you do nothing with it, there is a good reason why man utd have limited shots on target and you highlighted it with those 2 players albeit pogba is wasted playing so deep

• @shilly said in Man U fans.... question.... Pogba or Fernandes:

@Tom77 those stats mean nothing in reality, some players play safe, easy to make 50 safe passes per game, fernandes tries to make things happens, takes a chance, scoring goals and assists is basically what you want from an attacking midfielder, then its upto manager to find partners to clean up behind him,i agree you wouldnt want 4 midfielders like fernandes but there is room for 1 especially in utds dire team, ball retention is overrated if you do nothing with it, there is a good reason why man utd have limited shots on target and you highlighted it with those 2 players albeit pogba is wasted playing so deep

I know there is a bit of that but giving the ball away 32 times that isn't good enough for a top team, thats 32 times you have given the ball back.

• @Tom77 De Bruyne lost possession more than any other player in Europe’s top 5 leagues- would you not sign him either?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.