Donyell Malen or Erling Braut Haland

• Malen 20yo £2.61 and Haland 19yo £3.34. (Just for laughs, right now neither has a higher spread than 32p Kevin Trapp!)

Two young goalscorers. Neither in a PB league and yet both have shot up since the start of the season being this is their first season cemented in their respected first team (I'm discounting a season with Molde for Haland.)

Haland's figures are ridiculous in an amazingly dominant team and he seems to be backing that up in the CL too. If Manus Dabbur was bought up by Sevilla last season then Haland who is younger and more prolific could pick his club next summer?

Similarly, Malen's figures are impressive in a team that is dominant - alongside Ajax - and with him replacing Lozano who went to Napoli - and also seemingly more direct, less prone to injuries, younger and already playing for a top 10 European country, he too seems destined for a big move next year.

Who's the better investment for you? Or are they both over or underpriced?

• Both are hugely overpriced in my opinion. Just look at what the same money can buy you - proven dividend winners and world stars at the peak of their careers (Malen is now more expensive than Griezmann). Buying either of these guys at their current prices is a very big gamble in my opinion - both have got a massive amount to prove before justifying these sorts of prices. They could turn out to be world beaters, or they could be flashes in the pan.

That might seem negative but it's just my style of trading!

• Malen for me. I brought '24 days ago' @ £1.60. I believe he has more of a chance of a transfer come summer.

• If I had to pick one it'd be Malen 100%, but I currently wouldn't touch them at their price.

• Haaland expensive but more chance of an attractive english move

• I would say Haland as he's got more of a chance of a move to England being born and raised here. With his dad playing for Leeds and himself being a Leeds fan I think it will take a lot for him to move to United, which is the gold dust of transfers on FI.

• @Deej.11 said in Donyell Malen or Erling Braut Haland:

I would say Haland as he's got more of a chance of a move to England being born and raised here. With his dad playing for Leeds and himself being a Leeds fan I think it will take a lot for him to move to United, which is the gold dust of transfers on FI.

Contradict yourself a bit there @Deej-11. You say Haaland for his move to England, then in the next sentence say he has no chance of getting the gold dust move to United.

In that case, I'd vote for Malen! 😉

He's not likely to pull up any trees at Leeds.

• @Ericali Maybe in the way I worded it, he's more likely to move to England yes, but of all the teams you'd want him to move to in FI terms it would be United. For the reasons above this isn't likely to happen, but they'll still be interest from the other big clubs in England. Any of which would see a rise in his value :)

• Both of them are at "stepping stone" clubs, particularly Haland, so I don't think a move is in the question. Haland obviously has his English links and Malen had a couple of years at Arsenal unders and considers his idols Bergkamp and Henry so I think both are likely to favour a premier league move.

This is why I asked, which one. Also, what price will they be at the end of the season?

• Also funny how Haland jumped 30p or so last night after comin off the bench and scoring a tap in and Malen has two tonight against Rosenborg and he's up a penny.

Incidentally, 10 goals in Malen's last 6 and Haland has 11 in 8 this season. Crazy numbers, I don't care what league they play in!

• @Lukeroro .. Close to winning top forward by the looks of it

• @Ole-ole think it's confirmed.

• @Lukeroro .. I rate both these players, I don't hold halaand, I missed the boat I think but did buy a few Malens when he was £1.97, I was quite surprised he went up so much so quickly.

• @Ole-ole what do you think is the future for Malen?

• @Lukeroro Looking at these stats I think the future is looking very bright indeed.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/351354/Show/Donyell-Malen

20 yrs old in Dutch national side and with strong chance of heading to the Euro's and then transfer links next summer.

Not bad if you ask me😉

• @Lukeroro .. Yer @Gazz127 has pretty much just summed up my thoughts, His stats are impressive, hes hit the ground running, Im not sure in terms of FI whether hes value for money at his current price with not being in a top league, but I don't doubt it wont be long before he is, I don't plan on selling him anytime soon

• @Ole-ole Then again never say no to a decent profit😉
    Sold twice during his price gain to lock in a profit.

One day this youth bubble will burst,it's just when will be that day🤔

• @Gazz127 Whenever Greenwood and/or Brewster are £1.20.

• @Timothee-Atouba Had such hopes for Brewster but he's going to get so little game time.
    Needs a loan move if you ask me.

• @Gazz127 Yep, clearly. I don’t see why they can’t give him game time if he rates him that highly, it’s not like they’re pushed to the limit most weeks. Great managers and great teams have integrated youngsters around senior players.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.