Anyone struggling to sell players?

• I have had neymar in the sell queue for 5 days and he won't sell. I have had this problem with a lot of players. Been trying to sell some since the start of the bonus but no luck. I would hate to instant sell but I guess I might have to.

• @Tom7471 You’ll just have to wait until he scores a double or a hatty and even then you may not sell. Nobody wants the premiums.

• @Tom7471 if a player you’re trying to sell keeps dropping in price, then of course you’re going to struggle to sell, cause more people are IS then market sell.

If you’re looking to get rid of Neymar, just put him in the sell queue on a day he’s playing, and hope he plays a blinder

• I suppose it just shows that a player is never the price that you want to sell him at. He has dropped 38p up since I put him for sale and could easily drop that again. It's not a very liquid market at all and I wonder how people would sell really big ports if they had to.

• @Tom7471 You’d just have to sell on spikes, unfortunately there aren’t really any for the £3+ market. The poor liquidity also reflects people’s reluctance to buy fallers and sometimes they’re the best ones to buy.

• Certainly a weird market right now. I decided to scale back my investment. Sold Pogba at quite a loss but made good profit on others. Market sold cabellos last night as well as Dennis man and 300 Carrasco. Cut back a 4200 investment to 1900 so far while 360 in profit so far (only been on here since April so not too bad). I want to get that down to 1k total investment. I should have £120 in bonus coming which I plan to invest.

I'm keeping Neymar though as he has had good pb scores so far and is in profit for me. Pops up with some mb occasionally.

• I managed to trim my port quite substantially during the bonus period and almost everyone I wanted rid of was market sold. Dropped from 105 players to 75. The problem we have now is everyone’s money went in last week, so the next month or more will be slow, with most buys being movement of money rather than new money into the index. Not many will be selling half their port to buy Neymars unless he gets another PB win or three. I still have 125 neymar and happy to hold.

• @Andy said in Anyone struggling to sell players?:

@Tom7471 if a player you’re trying to sell keeps dropping in price, then of course you’re going to struggle to sell, cause more people are IS then market sell.

If you’re looking to get rid of Neymar, just put him in the sell queue on a day he’s playing, and hope he plays a blinder

Price goes down the same whether it's IS or added to sell queue.

Neymar is one who's sell queue is very long... Hes dropped over 40p since the initial deposit bonus boost and ive barely seen any IS when the price is dropping and I've been 'working from home' for the last 3 weeks. So keeping a pretty close eye on things. I'd suggest 20-25p of his drop is in the queue

A good performance vs angers will sort that as some will delist if it looks good for PB... And some will buy.

International break doesn't help the current climate as neymar isn't included and pogba looks to be injured again. A build up of scenarios affecting both players value negatively at the worst possible time in terms of market behaviour.

• If your selling because you feel he is overpriced so will a lot of people. Having been on the index for 3 years the platform has changed a lot. Anyone could make money for the past few years. You bought the big players and they went up. A lot of traders believed they were top traders and are now wanting to leave because you can’t just buy pogba and Neymar and make loads of money 😂.

• @Tincan Exactly. These times will certainly sort out the good traders from the lucky.

• @Ericali With respect it's still not really that difficult. Find any player U21 and under £1 and buy. It still doesn't take great trading skills to make money and there will be plenty still doing well now who think they're good traders.

• @janner73 Of course....

You sit on an egg long enough, it eventually will hatch.

The good traders will predict who's next to rise & get on 3-4 trades while the other guys still sitting on the same egg!

• @Ericali Of course - there's still just a long way to go to separate the good traders from the bad traders. Still far too easy for sheep to make money - eventually being a sheep will get you badly burned but we're a fair way from that yet.

• @Tom7471 said in Anyone struggling to sell players?:

I suppose it just shows that a player is never the price that you want to sell him at. He has dropped 38p up since I put him for sale and could easily drop that again. It's not a very liquid market at all and I wonder how people would sell really big ports if they had to.

This is a very good point.

It makes me chuckle when I see someone bragging about their £250k portfolio and £100k of profit. I always think "good for you, now try to actually bank that money / profit".

• @Tom7471 said in Anyone struggling to sell players?:

I have had neymar in the sell queue for 5 days and he won't sell. I have had this problem with a lot of players. Been trying to sell some since the start of the bonus but no luck. I would hate to instant sell but I guess I might have to.

I instant sold all 200 of my Neymar shares yesterday. He's been playing well since he returned and scoring goals yet he continued to tank. Your money has better uses elsewhere.

• Instant solution, don't sell Neymar. Wait a month or two and with his constant divs return he creep up again.

• Yeah I'm not going to sell him. The only reason I was trying to sell him was for a house deposit but I'm not selling him really cheap as his start to the season has been amazing.

• I think a high portion of the drop has been people listing rather than IS. All it will take is for a couple of good performances and either people will de-list, or a surge of purchasing will clear the que a bit pushing prices up.

I think it'll drop a little further and then gradually get back on track for the next few months, and the start of next year will really take off with the Euros and latter stages of the european cups in mind.

• I agree, im struggling to sell any players at the minute..... Ive had Brandt, Griezmann and Nkunku on sale for days now! But two of them arent starting and the other isnt playing well, so there very not 'fashionable' at the minute. Guess its just a waiting game, Im just debating whether to load into Pogba and hope for plenty of MB and rise before January or hope he stays with MU untill the Euros!

• @Tincan said in Anyone struggling to sell players?:

If your selling because you feel he is overpriced so will a lot of people. Having been on the index for 3 years the platform has changed a lot. Anyone could make money for the past few years. You bought the big players and they went up. A lot of traders believed they were top traders and are now wanting to leave because you can’t just buy pogba and Neymar and make loads of money 😂.

This is a point I've made a few times. So many people fooled into thinking they are an expert trader because they turned up at a good time and so many shat themselves a week ago before the 10% was announced.

However as @janner73 says there is a way to go at the moment before the bad traders get really exposed.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.