The Drops

• I’m having my worst 24 hours ever and it’s still a bonus period 😂

• @Londoner

Yes I think abolishing it entirely would be difficult (almost impossible) not just for the reason you state but also to avoid destroying the price of players like Pogba who many holders originally bought for his MB returns, that would be unfairly shifting the goalposts IMHO. Personally I still think it would make sense to phase it out slowly over say the next 3 years but perhaps this opening up is a first step to reduce its influence & focus the platform more on football related gambles than haircuts.

• @NewUser159387 said in The Drops:

@Londoner

Yes I think abolishing it entirely would be difficult (almost impossible) not just for the reason you state but also to avoid destroying the price of players like Pogba who many holders originally bought for his MB returns, that would be unfairly shifting the goalposts IMHO. Personally I still think it would make sense to phase it out slowly over say the next 3 years but perhaps this opening up is a first step to reduce its influence & focus the platform more on football related gambles than haircuts.

Agreed

• @ScouseSte said in The Drops:

@Tom77 said in The Drops:

@Timothee-Atouba said in The Drops:

@Tom77 said in The Drops:

@DavidMUFC1987 said in The Drops:

@Tom77
    I don’t think we’ll see a dividend increase for at least a year! I think we’ll see order books and nasdaq before that happens! I’m really looking forward to it being rolled out! FI have said on figs podcast that they’ll be education on how it works so will be simple for everyone to use, exciting times ahead.

I Think euro2020, surely FI want people to buy the best players, it makes sense.

I think this is a near certainty so trader confidence is high over the summer. There’s still a month or so either side of the euros with no proper football, that won’t keep all the money in I’d have thought.
    Until that pod I thought the increase would come sooner.

I Think they will tease it out gradually and build up some excitement.
    Imagine having a tournament where the big players are pointless in buying. FI will want people buying your sterling,griezmann, de Bruyne.....

But why mate ? Why do they want people buying the big names? I don't think it matters one iota who we buy, as long as we are buying and selling with more frequency than 6-12 months ago then that is FI's main objective.

I mean Jeez, there are threads appearing already where frigging ERIC DIER is somehow being shoehorned in as potential value! !!

It kills me to say it, because my port consists of mainly players in the top 15 (currently all in the sell queue and probably not selling!), but I cannot find a reason why it matters to FI that the top players should be way more expensive than the rest.

It is so much better for them right now the way things are heading. IPD's = bit of a gamble, PB = lottery, MB = lottery (and even more so if they open up media to non-UK publications!)

Meanwhile new punters in a few months time will come in and see "oh WOW Paul Pogba, dividend earner extraordinaire, is only 10p more than Mason Greenwood! I'll have some of that!) So these crashing prices in the top 20 or so are probably HELPING FI.

Again this isn't negative. Just acceptance.
    Too many of us are kidding ourselves that things will "go back to normal". Normal is gone. This is the new normal.

To take a quote from Full Metal Jacket. ...

"It's a huge shit sandwich and we're all gonna have to take a bite" 😂

In the short term, you're probably right.

But I don't see how pissing off your existing customers can benefit any business in the long term.

The highest priced players have had money invested in them by the most customers. Therefore, if FI want to retain their customers, they need those players to grow in value to some degree.

Falling prices in the top 10, results in people selling up and leaving. Short term 2% commission and spread for FI, but long term lost customer and no repeat business.

Have you sold your portfolio, out of interest?

• @ocs123

I actually DON'T KNOW mate 😂.

I put the lot on the market on 2nd October and instantly took a month time out. So I have no idea 😂.

Now THAT'S gambling 😁

• @ScouseSte said in The Drops:

@ocs123

I actually DON'T KNOW mate 😂.

I put the lot on the market on 2nd October and instantly took a month time out. So I have no idea 😂.

Now THAT'S gambling 😁

I’ll enlighten you! No, you haven’t market sold your whole port in the last week.

• @Timothee-Atouba

Haha yeah I kinda assume when I come back on 2nd November I'll still have all 15 players in my portfolio but at 3/4 of their value and f*ck all dividends earned over the month 😂.

Mad as it sounds though, I'm chilled about it all. I'm trying every trick in the book to keep myself involved with FI, culling the portfolio and starting again from scratch being the last throw of the dice.

People seem to think some of my posts are negative. I assure you gentleman that they aren't. Slightly cynical perhaps but overall it's a balanced assessment of what was, what is and what is likely to be. Better to be realistic and take affirmative action than just put blinkers on and pretend this is just another "dip". It's not. It's a clear and calculated shift, perpetuated by FI.

• Mine dropped 25% in 2017.

This is another guy just posted this on twitter.

0_1570452705026_663B4DC6-B735-4260-8F52-115F558A245B.jpeg

• @Tom77 thank CHRIST I'm on timeout! Ignorance is bliss 😂

• I sold a 2.5k port on the deposit bonus boom and it still took a fair while to shift. Just finished it off yesterday. Think this downturn will continue for a fair while, as so many of us got accustomed to portfolio values that looked stable and now everyone is trying to withdraw their investment while the market shifts in new ways. I'm sure it will bounce back eventually, but it may be a largely different set of users - unless the traders selling off currently decide to get involved again.

I'm hoping to start afresh once I work out wtf direction the index is going in - and if I've got the time to get involved in short term trading.

• @Mike_17 that's my thinking too.
    The gamble is though, if FI are forced to act quickly on this crisis (which is what it is becoming) then they will announce something and those that have sat tight will deservedly profit the most.
    We will end up buying back in with our tails between our legs. But that's ok, I will admit if I was wrong or made a mistake 😊

• Some traders are losing there bottle a little.. A down turn is a positive prospect for a healthy market, as it allows those who plan to buy players who are on sale and allows new users to see value based on past highs.. Those who are unable to stomach volatility or went all in with large percentages of there cash flow on certain players are going to suffer during this down turn, but it will turn so prepare your portfolio accordingly..

I am in this game for the long term and welcome this down turn as it is providing tonnes of opportunities and while my portfolio is taking a few slaps at the moment I know long term it will turn good as I have trust in the platform and its management..

I try to trade on the platform as opposed to betting or chasing goalscorers and this platform is no different to the stock market except for a three year timeline which I think is very generous..

So if you feel FI will progress over the next 3-5 years, start topping up and get a long term strategy, if not sell up and move onto something else were you feel more comfortable..

Best of Luck on your experience and remember its only money..You cant take it with you to the other side so enjoy the process..

• @Karl when did you join up Karl?

• @ScouseSte .. I joined back in February this year just as it entered a growth period so just felt like free money was been given out no matter who you picked..Used the first few months to figure out how to play and then started my portfolio properly in July..

• How long do people think these price drops will continue for? Have some money in my account but am waiting to see when prices will bottom out

• @Karl that's sound mate. I just feel, along with more experienced traders ( @johnboywalker for example), that this is not just a dip but is instead a fundamental change in the platform and also our "bets".

To suggest people are losing their bottle is a little dismissive. It's more a reaction to seriously unknown territory.

• @ChazFI123 I think tomorrow mate. There is a steady flow of international fixtures from Thurs, with many enticingly one-sided games. I expect Belgian (Hazard) players to go well due to their easy games! Just hope they don't rotate the team too much.

It's very hard to remain calm with the drops, but people are overreacting. This is painful short term, but a fantastic opportunity long-term. It's exactly the same as buying a player that plummets with an injury... if you believe in the health of the 'product/player' long term, then you can make money from other peoples emotional sell-offs.

• @ScouseSte ..Sorry I didn't wish to come across as dismissive but was hoping to portray a more positive outlook on things which I may have failed to do :) .. I can fully understand why traders who have been on the platform for a few years may feel apprehensive about the current change which is completely normal as us humans do not like change in any aspects of our lives as it can trigger fear..

My opinion was just trying to offer some hope to anyone who wishes to trade for the long term in a changing platform and my honest belief is we are no way near reaching a saturation point as once a country like France, Germany, Spain or Italy is open to the platform for trading, then this platform is going to go through the roof..just imagine if all four were introduced.. I don't like to gamble as I am shit at it, but I am willing to gamble that FI will add one of these countries in the future so I am happy to keep investing and offer some glimmer of hope..

Just my thoughts on my own journey, as everyone needs to make up there own minds on how to proceed...

• @Karl Well said! I couldn't agree more

• 0_1570456921250_upload-099126e5-0669-47b3-aeb3-a03825112815