FI’s international rollout - bets on when & where

• From the recent FIG podcast it sounds as though FI could go international sooner rather than later. Just need to launch the Nasdaq platform first. I reckon:

Where: Germany
    When: April (pre Euro 2020)

• Be ambitious.

Where: The EU
    When: October 31st

• Spain or Germany first would be my preference

• france is closest to the uk ? hope they all buy pogba haha december 24th nice xmas prezzie

• @SteveP

They'll be trying to roll out all over but if I were just picking one country... I'd say Italy would be a smart choice.

The Italians are mad on gambling and have a rich football history.

• @Dan-The-Man said in FI’s international rollout - bets on when & where:

@SteveP

They'll be trying to roll out all over but if I were just picking one country... I'd say Italy would be a smart choice.

The Italians are mad on gambling and have a rich football history.

I agree @Dan-The-Man.

If I was running football index, that's the country I'd be targeting for the reasons you mentioned.

Makes business sense.

• With out having prior knowledge how do people anticipate a roll out in another country would benefit the existing index?

I'd fully expect that any 'football index' in another country would have a separate listing and exchange. Be interested if someone could explain a 'hypothetcial' scenario where another country with different currencies and regulations etc could access the existing index.

• @DW they already in NZ and they just trade on our platform and take a currency hit. Same when Sweden was in

• Say for arguments sake it was italy. Would we expect italian players to rise disproportionately to the rest of the index?

• @MickTurbo said in FI’s international rollout - bets on when & where:

Say for arguments sake it was italy. Would we expect italian players to rise disproportionately to the rest of the index?

I guess so. 👍You should see a boost in the revenue spent on whatever country is incorporated into the index

If it's Italy there top international players would go up first, followed by there young prospects, then eventually the money would flood into their youth prospects until we end up in a scenario where there is an Italian Mason Greenwood on the index at £4+ 😁🇮🇹

• @MickTurbo nah they would fall!😉
    That's like saying will chocolate melt in the summer! U Crazy fool! 😂

• @Ericali I firmly believe I have 300 of him at a buy price of 79p so I hope your correct 👍

• Hopefully, in the art of fairness, they don't announce it first. But I guess that will be impossible... But those poor Italians will log in the day it opens to find their players already pumped to the point of no return.

• If you're in the UK to beat the trends I recommend you buy in reverse of how the Italian's will initially think to maximise future profits. 😁

• @CLACKETT to explain my thought process, although it's in NZ now it's mainly the uk and whilst there is an english player bias, that's really a bit of a by product of the premier league bias which exists mainly because MB is almost exclusively derived from uk press.

Opening the market to another country for traders is one thing but I havent seen any discussion about using italian press recently, had that been the case then I would have been willing to accept that it was a bit of a silly question, but had that been the case I would not have asked the question 😉

• @MickTurbo said in FI’s international rollout - bets on when & where:

@Ericali I firmly believe I have 300 of him at a buy price of 79p so I hope your correct 👍

I think I know who your talking about. 😉

• @Ericali I hope to make a few GG on him 😉

• @MickTurbo but you'll PP your pants when the real darling of Italian football comes back from France in Jan or Summer.

• @MickTurbo I like it, very subtle 😜

• @DW said in FI’s international rollout - bets on when & where:

I'd fully expect that any 'football index' in another country would have a separate listing and exchange. Be interested if someone could explain a 'hypothetcial' scenario where another country with different currencies and regulations etc could access the existing index.

Pretty sure it will be as above. Separate everything. It won't affect our index's players and prices.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.