Oliver Norwood

• I do have a small hold but was tempted to grab some more and will explain why.
    I'll admit it's possibly not the best timing as the international break is almost upon us and he's retired from duty with Northern Ireland.
    But he's started well in the EPL with Sheffield United this season and posted some decent numbers:
    0_1570299843508_Norwood.png

And today's was his best so far this season:

0_1570299854649_Norwood2.png

And that was without a goal or an assist and they didn't win the game either.

Whoscored gave him a solid 7.2 rating today and he managed 115 touches of the ball, by far the highest from either side.

He takes most of their set pieces too, just like he did last season:

"The delivery of Oliver Norwood is vital for the Bramall Lane outfit.
    The Irishman created 58 chances from set-pieces last term, more than any player in FPL.
    Corner-kick duties helped, with Norwood taking 194 of the Blades’ 314.
    Having created 97 chances, the midfielder was perhaps unfortunate only to claim eight assists in 2018/19.
    When it came to direct free-kicks, Norwood was the dominant force.
    He took 14 of Sheffield United's 15 efforts and found the net with one of those attempts.
    Furthermore, the Irishman was also one of three Blades players to take a penalty in 2018/19."

The downside of course is that it's Sheffield United and they are not that likely to be winning every week or scoring plenty.
    But I think that, considering the possession style football they play (they outpassed Watford 553 to 358 this afternoon) and how most of the play goes through Norwood, he's a good buy at 73p.

Now if only he could get a goal/assist to give those numbers a real boost 😏

• Banned

Terrible buy, avoid will go down in value for sure. Championship next year not even a paid league. If you have him sell and quickly. Just a pump post 👏 trying to sell before the international break

Edit... @dean73 nice down vote 👍just because you want to pump your s*t buy lol. Mate no one is going to buy someone who is a retired old man who plays CDM just wow. Prove me wrong, buy a sht load and screenshot it. Prove you have the balls

• @dean73 not convinced. His highest score to date and still no where near winning PB, a good 70 points behind Parejo which is by far the better PB hold. Also plays for Sheff Utd, them getting 60% possession against Watford today was a one off - you’re telling me they’re gonna be doing it week in week out? No chance. Not on pens and not a regular goal scoring midfielder, so that goal you’re searching for is few and far between.

A poor choice for PB if you ask me

• Banned

@Andy said in Oliver Norwood:

@dean73 not convinced. His highest score to date and still no where near winning PB. Also plays for Sheff Utd, them getting 60% possession against Watford today was a one off - you’re telling me they’re gonna be doing it week in week out? No chance. Not on pens and not a regular goal scoring midfielder, so that goal you’re searching for is few and far between.

A poor choice for PB if you ask me

Completely agree, when Callum Wilson is £1.26 total shocking buy

• Great, I've got Darwin Awards winner Deano following me around like a sick pup.

• Banned

@dean73 said in Oliver Norwood:

Great, I've got Darwin Awards winner Deano following me around like a sick pup.

Lol, just saying a retired defensive midfielder in a terrible team isn't worth buying. In fact the price he is now is way too high! How is Norwood going to make and money on the index? Crazy price, sell sell sell before his price drops to 0

Edit. And like I said, if you do think his a great buy, get another 600 shares and screenshot it for us! All talk no action because his worthless

• @Andy appreciate your opinion but I never stated they'd be doing it week in, week out. I already admitted they aren't the best team out there but he's been pretty consistent so far this season without scoring/assisting. As mentioned, he takes most of the set pieces so assists are very possible. Not so much the goals but I never claimed he was a goalscoring midfielder.

• @Deano4dawin 0_1570303458709_Screenshot_20191005_202347_uk.co.footballindex.jpg There you go where's your port then as you have such amazing profits....... apparently

• @Deano4dawin If I wanted to pump a player, I'd follow your made up nonsense way of doing things and claim something about him returning to Old Trafford to be Man U's creative midfield saviour or some other crap.
    I also wouldn't have stated he'd retired from international duty if I was trying to con people, would I?
    Just because you've been called out for some crappy pump and everyone knows it, you then have to try and ruin other threads to make you feel good.
    lol such a child.

• Banned

@dean73 said in Oliver Norwood:

@Deano4dawin If I wanted to pump a player, I'd follow your made up nonsense way of doing things and claim something about him returning to Old Trafford to be Man U's creative midfield saviour or some other crap.
    I also wouldn't have stated he'd retired from international duty if I was trying to con people, would I?
    Just because you've been called out for some crappy pump and everyone knows it, you then have to try and ruin other threads to make you feel good.
    lol such a child.

Norwood....just saying. Who the f*ck is stupid enough to buy him at 70ish p a share! Prove me wrong big balls! Buy 600 of him and prove it! Because you know he is worthless and at the price he is now you should sell sell sell.

• @Deano4dawin What's the obsession with buying 600, people can buy what they can afford and think is worth the risk surely, it's the same percentage either way whether it's 600 or 60

• Banned

@MUFC said in Oliver Norwood:

@Deano4dawin What's the obsession with buying 600, people can buy what they can afford and think is worth the risk surely, it's the same percentage either way whether it's 600 or 60

Have you invested in norwood? Didn't think so, your a twat but not stupid my friend. Do you think Norwood is a good buy? I think it's a shocker. Let's try to stick to the post for a change

• @Deano4dawin No need to get personal??I've been called worse to be fair 😂 have I got Norwood...no I don't but I only own 27 players, he may be a good buy, suppose he scores a great free kick next game what do you think will happen, nice 10p rise minimum, it all depends what you want from your holds.

• @MUFC He can't help himself. Been shown up on his own thread and can't handle it. Now going around downvoting anyone and everyone who disagreed with him, arguing with them and swearing lol
    He's just a petulant child.

• @Deano4dawin Some (hopefully) friendly advice.
    You will do far better on this forum, and in life generally, if you don't go around being personal.
    You seem to have made very good money over the last 18 months and, until the last few days, seem to have done so without upsetting a load of people. I don't know what's changed for this attitude to suddenly appear but it can only make you enemies if it continues.
    Personally, I had one issue and it wasn't the fact you pumped Marcus Edwards, it was the way you did it - telling everyone he was a great long term hold, he was gonna make the Euro 2020 squad and then selling a day later. That's the type of forum behaviour that will make people switch off to anything you have to say and the only reputation you damage is your own.
    We're all here to make money but arrogance and taking other traders for fools doesn't need to be part of that. In fact that approach will only hurt you in the end.

• @dean73 upvoted. Not because I necessarily agree with your analysis, but because you actually provided an analysis to give someone an opportunity to determine whether he is someone worth investing in. Unlike someone on here.

Looking forward to this getting downvoted by a bitter individual on here

On the thread itself, I personally consider jwp to be a better value because he's actually cheaper, on set piece duty as well, called up to recent England squads and with a team more likely to stay up.

• This down voting nonsense from him is getting silly, means I spend more time up voting people to counter act him that actually investing; let’s not let this forum descend into something we’d see on Facepest or other social media platforms

• @Sav2000 I wouldn't worry, let him get on with it if it cheers him up

• @MUFC 0_1570465273595_Screenshot.png
    Hopefully we can just move on now.

• @dean73 👍 what's your thoughts on the sell up of some traders?do you think it's worrying times or just a bit of a sticky patch on the index

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.