Spreads.

• anyone got a good idea what the mechanism is?
    Always assumed as more shares were in queue or IS in short period of time it would trigger the spread to widen.

But neymar has been at 7.27 since full time with sell 7.05...he is still 7.27 (so no mass selling or listing) and its dropped massively to 6.80

So must just be some risk guy making judgement?

• @Vespasian32 i saw this first hand on the morning of deadline day (prem) when i was looking at coutinho and his spread was 20p. I clicked on him to look at his graph and they widened the spread by another 15p while i looked. Nothing wrong with managing risk/liability btw but it does make a mockery of FI's insistance that its based on some algorithm

• @Vespasian32 I suppose it's the equivalent of 72p player with 69p spread, suppose the difference makes it look big but same percentage

• @MUFC I'm not fussed over what it is... More that it changed without anyone selling shares. Went from 7.05 to 6.80 with no one selling. So just weird

• @Vespasian32 Do you think it's because he's a volatile hold, he fluctuates massively in price from one week to the next

• @MUFC but then I'd expect the spread to change at a volatile time... That's exactly my point. Let's say the spread is 5% but then he gets injured and suddenly there is hundreds of sells in 10 seconds... A mechanism should kick in then to widen the spread.

That's what I've often seen happen.

This is the first time ive seen it change on a player whos buy price hasn't changed... I've seen it narrow before... Once it's widened in a player and they become stable.

• @Vespasian32
    International break means hes not eligible for any matches until the 18th - i know that's not a long time but with short term-ism seemingly the flavour of the month i suspect FI have gauged the behaviour and slapped a higher spread in anticipation of ISs being considered as a result

• Yeah, the spread shouldn’t increase unless people are listing for sale or bad news regarding an injury or something else is breaking.

Hopefully it’s just a case that they’re guarding against a fall while there are no Ligue 1 fixtures happening.

• @Advinculas-Index yeh single game on the Friday after ints, hopefully it goes back to normal round that time.

Tho with the clear mind a Sunday morning brings, I'll hold. Just checked his fixtures... Very appealing.

Market sold dzeko, mertens, belotti now and I'm all over these overpriced kids in non-pb leagues now 🚀 🎉 🚀 🍻

• @Advinculas-Index said in Spreads.:

@Vespasian32
    International break means hes not eligible for any matches until the 18th - i know that's not a long time but with short term-ism seemingly the flavour of the month i suspect FI have gauged the behaviour and slapped a higher spread in anticipation of ISs being considered as a result

It must be this... If the spread was philadelphia garlic, punters would be chomping big time, so make it fish paste and many will turn away.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.