Top half dead, bottom half rising...Gap closing.

• I hold 97 players in my Port.
    A variety of players from the top end of the market, I.e Mbappe, Kane, Sterling etc
    To the bottom of the market, players below £1.

For a long while now, we have seen the top end of the market stagnate with no value/no gains/no real profit being made. Just money sitting there in the hope that dividends will increase and kick start the top end of the market again.

At the other end of the market, I’ve seen huge rises and huge profits being made from very cheap youngsters. I could easily name at least 10 cheap players which continue to rise over the last few months with a lot of profit still to be made from them. Hence why I am holding them long term.

Do people agree?

• @Bruno-Xadas I think the majority of the ‘lower end’ are hugely overpriced and have very weak dividend prospects. So no!

• @Timothee-Atouba

But like the emperors new clothes when that is exposed they will drop back in price & market equilibrium will be restored.

• Martial 2.90
    Halaand 3.28
    Griezmann 2.43
    Ilhatteren 2.84
    Malen 2.67

That’s getting pretty squashed. 3 players on non pb leagues in that list.

• @Tom77 you've got a bit of a thing for Martial

• @Bruno-Xadas The biggest problem, and risk, with the lower end is there are traders sat on (tens of) thousands of futures just waiting to hit their target price. Many of these players have little value at present and in my view are already past the point where they are a reasonable gamble as to whether they will make it or not. Underlying value through dividends gives security in a hold even when the price is falling, as soon as the price starts falling in a player that has no underlying value then you're holding something worthless with a price falling quickly.
    I won't single out individual players but the amount of non PB players priced like they're already in a PB league is ridiculous. Anyone joining the lower end now is pretty much joining too late in this cycle as its coming to an end soon.

• @janner73 Couldn’t Agree more. Particularly with the last bit.

• @janner73 said in Top half dead, bottom half rising...Gap closing.:

I won't single out individual players but the amount of non PB players priced like they're already in a PB league is ridiculous.

Plenty of PB league teams with squad players or promising youth prospects who will still be lucky to ever win a dividend also fall into that category.

• @NewUser159387 Agreed on that. The rises in the lower end are all hype but most of it cant go much further. When I look at the market right now I see most risk in the £80p - £1.50 market because there are big holders on hyped players who offer very little and a lot of them are a crash waiting to happen.

• @janner73
    Like any other market plenty of assets will suffer from hype - tulip bulbs, dot com bubble, latest Xmas toy but ultimately market forces will recognise the value in the longer term. The true value on FI comes from dividends (history & potential to win them) & that will ultimately sift the winners from the losers & those proven PB performers will not only survive but will flourish as & when a dividend increase is announced & then implemented - TRUST THE MARKET.

• @ChazFI123 said in Top half dead, bottom half rising...Gap closing.:

@Tom77 you've got a bit of a thing for Martial

Because he is the only proper striker Utd have.

• @Tom77 each to their own!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.