Will FI give us a special bonus when 'footie' hits the 100 000 mark? 😁

• Not really funny, but you've got to laugh sometimes!

• I have faith that they will act. Its in their own interests to keep the loyal customers and to keep money locked in to this young product whilst they further develop it.

What is the point in NASDAQ if they are left with the benefits crowd putting tenners in on game days and treating it like a match bet?

• If the FOOTIE is something they refer to as a basis of the overall health of the platform then it will be interesting to see if anything happens if and when it drops below where it was when the DP was announced - im not sure what that was 122k?(perhaps someone can confirm).

Anyways, judging by the way my port is tanking today (a balanced port with players across all price ranges) i can see the FOOTIE dropping in excess of a further 1000 today bringing it significantly closer to that point. (dont forget also that this was after the significant drops it had suffered in the weeks prior to the Deposit Bonus being announced).

• @Advinculas-Index said in Will FI give us a special bonus when 'footie' hits the 100 000 mark? 😁:

If the FOOTIE is something they refer to as a basis of the overall health of the platform then it will be interesting to see if anything happens if and when it drops below where it was when the DP was announced - im not sure what that was 122k?(perhaps someone can confirm).

Anyways, judging by the way my port is tanking today (a balanced port with players across all price ranges) i can see the FOOTIE dropping in excess of a further 1000 today bringing it significantly closer to that point. (dont forget also that this was after the significant drops it had suffered in the weeks prior to the Deposit Bonus being announced).

It was 118k, but had dropped from a previous high of 120k.

• Still a way to go then tbf
    but at the current rate would possibly be reached in the next 7/8 days

• @Advinculas-Index The Footie is still massively higher than it was prior to the bonus. I screenshot my figures every day and looking back at Sept 24th, the day the bonus was announced, the Footie was at 117,872 after a previous high of just over 120k. The following day it had leapt up to 121,314, so a huge leap of 3k+.

IndexGain's tracker shows the biggest drop in the Footie was the day after the SS announcement, when it fell by 1.7k, or 1.66%. I think we would need to see record breaking falls on consecutive days for FI to kick into gear and try to steady the ship.

The whole index is finely balanced on the confidence of its traders, and that confidence can start to hit terminal velocity if a few things compound together. We are seeing big players and reliable forum members saying today that they are liquidating their ports. I think FI will be concerned about this, despite what other traders are saying about how much they must be loving pocketing all this cash.

If things start going tits up, its never long before FI intervene to try and steady things. In the absence of completely reversing the MB changes, i would hope for an announcement on future plans, including future dividend increases, or a change to the structure of MB so that our 3-year bets haven't been so radically changed.

• Dividends needed to be addressed and instead we got yet another deposit bonus.
    May sound crazy that I'm moaning about free money, but it felt that it was just papering over cracks.
    I've withdrawn all my initial BET and some winnings.
    Took a hit on some of those sales but decided to take a prudent approach.
    The game has changed and I think I'll observe for a while.

• @Wotabeast Judging by my port so far today I'm gonna boldy predict today's drop will be a new record fall and break that 1.7k drop.
    I'm certainly far from panic mode but I think a lot of people will be if that prediction turns out to be true. There will also be people preying on this opportunity and doing what they can to further the panic and create cheaper prices for themselves to purchase.

I understand people's nervousness but the more people panic and sell up the worse it gets and it just snowballs. I have seen FI make mistakes many times, and I believe they've badly judged the mood of the market lately, but they've always acted to steady the ship when needed and believe they will here.

• More likely the will give themselves a special bonus - wolf of Wall Street style with dwarfs being thrown at dartboards and wall to wall strippers.

• @Wotabeast

I cant see them reversing the MB changes now as that would cause another shitstorm from traders who have sold them off because of recent events - but they will no doubt be getting concerned right now.

one small crumb of comfort is that my port just went up by Β£5, unfortunately that is offset by the Β£550 it has dropped by in the last 24 hours.

EDIT: no its gone down a further 6 - LOL

• @Advinculas-Index said in Will FI give us a special bonus when 'footie' hits the 100 000 mark? 😁:

he MB changes now as that would cause another shitstorm from traders who have sold them off because of recent events - but they will no doubt be getting concerned right now.

The best solution would be to say they will do triple MB on single match days. Then there's no about turn, but does give value to some of the high media earners still. And it is a little indirect dividend rise.

• @kristiang85 said in Will FI give us a special bonus when 'footie' hits the 100 000 mark? 😁:

@Advinculas-Index said in Will FI give us a special bonus when 'footie' hits the 100 000 mark? 😁:

he MB changes now as that would cause another shitstorm from traders who have sold them off because of recent events - but they will no doubt be getting concerned right now.

The best solution would be to say they will do triple MB on single match days. Then there's no about turn, but does give value to some of the high media earners still. And it is a little indirect dividend rise.

Great idea and they could easily implement it. Will they though..

• @janner73 Agree. I’m 1.4% for 24 hours and I wouldn’t mind betting our ports aren’t too dissimilar(we at least both hold Nelson)!

• @janner73 I agree that FI have usually always intervened when things start to go awry. What I'm slightly worried about this time is that FI HQ (including employees) does seem to be moving away from being an approachable entity with a relationship with its customers, and more towards being a hard-nosed business where we can either put up or shut up.

It feels like the days when FI employees actively engaged with users are a distant memory. My only worry is that I wonder if the FI product is really suited to this new hard-nosed approach and the growth they seem to be chasing. A product/market like this, built on a fine balance of confidence, was always going to thrive when you knew you had a direct line to employees and the customer service was responsive and personal. The product could (maybe has?) grow too fast and shift too far from what made it attractive to so many people. That will be hard for FI to get back.

• @Wotabeast I don't blame FI entirely for it - I do think a lot of traders over-react to anything and act like sheep at the first sign of panic. We also are the ones that kept pushing prices upwards and upwards beyond rational value.
    The product is a great idea but it's not an easy business model for them to get right - I personally think they've shifted to profit mode too soon. They were always going to have to at some point but I think they should have been more ambitious with growth and eased in that switch. It feels like they've just hit the market with big impacts to prices once time too many since the share split - opening up MB and the introduction of international PB/IPDs in a short space of time has really killed the top priced players very quickly. They can say what they like about don't panic but markets react.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.