Amid the Doom & Gloom

• I see this as a great opportunity to get some premium holds at discounted prices. We all know which players have good PB records or are out injured & if they get dragged down by the latest sell off it will provide a good opportunity to find a home for the bonus cash that is due next week. I'm a well diversified, long term holder who believes that FI will be a far larger platform this time next year & again in 2 years than it is now. I certainly wouldn't want to criticise anyone who's cashing out & certainly not with the great profits posted on other threads but I think they are missing an opportunity to ride one of the most profitable gambles available.

• @NewUser159387 They are still poor value though without that magical div increase.
    Dividend increases get factored into the market before they happen and when the prospects of one are knocked down its natural for the prices to pull back.

• You may as well wait for the announcement and pay a tiny bit more than their bottomed out price, just to make sure that you don't buy someone and they keep dropping in price

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Amid the Doom & Gloom:

@NewUser159387 They are still poor value though without that magical div increase.
    Dividend increases get factored into the market before they happen and when the prospects of one are knocked down its natural for the prices to pull back.

Indeed. It is just like currency and interest rates - if there is an indication that rates will go down, then the currency devalues.

Definitely as said in the other thread, if FI said they are looking at mechanisms to increase dividends in January (for example), we will see rises, even without any details of what they are. It is the nature of the beast - people don't want to be too late to the party.

• @NewUser159387 I am of the same opinion. I have de risked slightly and taken some of my profits out, this was always my intention to play just with profits,but I have taken some out a little sooner than I had intended. FI will always tweak the matrix to suit all parties if they are in fear of so many people selling up and cashing out.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Amid the Doom & Gloom:

They are still poor value though without that magical div increase.

Only in the short term whilst FI are busy implementing Nasdaq technology, order books & platform changes then with a large fanfare sometime next year they can announcing "having listened to our loyal users & in line with the market growth we are pleased to unveil the following dividend increases due to come into force from..." my guess trial them in the Euros fully launch for next season. A bit of patience will as so often on FI pay great dividends.

• So prices are high stagnent growth?! How did they get there we pushed the price up beyond what they probs should be. Youngsters espec. I dont get the knee jerk reactions. Or doom and gloom. This is not bet every weeek win or lose outcome but the metality still is i think

• @NewUser159387 I’ve no intention of selling up now but I do have a stop loss(even though its profit).

• There's no reason for the doom and gloom.

Either you hold through the dip and remember why you bought these players or you take a hit, sell up and buy other players.

There's money to be made in this market. Stop looking for pity and start researching and scouting.

• The selling up thread seems to have gone. I hope it wasn't FI who deleted it...

• ive no intention of selling and enjoying adapting my strategy to react to the changes

• @Timothee-Atouba

If you think a player will fall significantly it almost always makes sense to sell; I market sold Pogba at 740, on the way upto to £8+ which didn't look a great short term decision but looks inspired now. Having sold a couple of others like Laporte I accepted it was a mistake & bought back in at a higher price - no one can make infallible trading decisions but just aim to make as many as possible good ones & limit the bad ones. Stop loss always help take the emotion out of the decision as long as you've got the self discipline to stick with them!

• @Mr-Random-number started the thread, so if it wasnt him then who else could it be?

And if it was FI then we NEED some correspondence from them

@DANFI was it you lot?

• @MickTurbo don't hold your breath

• @Lukeroro I'm not mate but it shouldn't be this way

• @MickTurbo oh I know!

• @MickTurbo Do we need correspondence though? The dividend structure basically gives us the correspondence we need. What are you hoping they come out and say?

• @Timothee-Atouba I'd be interested to know if it was them who deleted that thread and if so, what are their reasons and justifications

• @MickTurbo Ok sorry. I thought you you meant on the overall shape of things.
    If they have deleted that thread it’s very poor form, like they’re running a dictatorship.

• @MickTurbo said in Amid the Doom & Gloom:

@Mr-Random-number started the thread, so if it wasnt him then who else could it be?

And if it was FI then we NEED some correspondence from them

@DANFI was it you lot?

It could be FI. A trader said he found the thread disturbing and forwarded it to FI so that they can see the concerns of traders. Maybe it disturbed them too!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.