General consensus about FI?

• @TraderJ too many beckfords around. A good game good month or good season its still football no gaurantees. Personaly greenwoods price is the biggest joke ever

• I'm not enjoying it as before. It's impossible to predict now. I have players who are scoring goals/making assists, but they're tanking. The fact that you can buy a player AFTER they score & still win IPDs, thus requiring zero skill confirms that FI are trying to make as much money as possible.
    I'm not planning to leave. Implementation of NASDAQ and the new website will be interesting. A PB dividend increase as many are asking for will bring some balance to the platform.

• It's not much more than a Ponzi scheme!

• I think that they need to get listing a ton of IPOs very soon to enable the researching of new players since we’ve been stuck with the same batch for so long. I think this will help increase excitement in the marketplace again. Give us Camavinga now!

• @TeamGB I think IPOs dilute the current market and a big influx of them will see bigger dips and just make money for those traders using bots. Having said this players like camavinga do need to be introduced.

• @Jonah its a tricky one for them. You have identified that player whilst i have identified a bunch of others, there will be a ton of players different people want. Personally i would prefer to see all players over a certain age e.g. 16 on the market. Yes it would dilute things but imagine the possibilities or finding the next big thing early on

• @TOM201 absolutely, no good having football knowledge or knowing a certain market, if you cannot invest into it. I'd love to invest into 1-2 youngsters from German second division as I believe in their abilities, but sure they ain't on.

Best approach for me, every second division player should just be dumped in at a random time no names, no price tag. Just do it.

Saying that, I wonder if Nike would want to sponsor my face and my idea?

• I loved it for a long time, but I don't feel like I understand the market now annoyingly. I have tried to adapt, but I only manage ten mins on IndexGain before I have to do something else with my evening and don't find I'm getting anywhere or finding any value 🙈

They've made it a lottery for dividends and I don't have the time for short term IPD trading.

I assume most of us selling up are those traders that liked the long-term USP. Once we've all left, FI can either attract us back by increasing divs and stimulating the premium end of the market, or they can enjoy a different type of growth with more short-term traders (mostly traditional punters). Will be interesting to see what they decide to do.

• It seems to be a daily bloodbath amongst the top guys now. With no real logic to it. Seems like FI basically doing what they want with prices. If this trend continues I'll call it a day. Shame! Hope trend reverses soon or people are going to think the same as me, better ways to invest your money than on FI

• I’d love to see a larger database of players. The main reason FI don’t IPO every Tom dick and Harry is because they do a risk assessment on every player and the likelihood of that player wining dividends etc which is right but it doesn’t allow us to purchase a player before he becomes a star. For example I’ve known of Matty Longstaff for a while, within the club he’s thought of highly, yesterday he makes his debut and scores the winning goal against United! Now every body knows who he is! He’s 19 years of age, not 16,17! He should be on the index! Any player over the age of 18 should be on the index in the major leagues

• There's still some of the same old predictable patterns you can profit from though.

I've been building a small holding in Florinel Coman and he's had a nice rise today. My immediate thought was that I could see Dennis Man rising on the back of that because that would just be typical FI.

Low and behold he's also now up 6p for the day.

• @TOM201 said in General consensus about FI?:

@Jonah its a tricky one for them. You have identified that player whilst i have identified a bunch of others, there will be a ton of players different people want. Personally i would prefer to see all players over a certain age e.g. 16 on the market. Yes it would dilute things but imagine the possibilities or finding the next big thing early on

100%. Whole FM database on. Any ipo’s now are out of control price wise.

• @Allams-Out Absolutely. They’re always looking around for the equivalent after a rise. Haland has sent the young non pb crazy, like you say it’s even nationalities. It’s lunacy.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in General consensus about FI?:

@Allams-Out Absolutely. They’re always looking around for the equivalent after a rise. Haland has sent the young non pb crazy, like you say it’s even nationalities. It’s lunacy.

It is, but I also find it reassuring that I could telegraph it from using my experience of being around trading for a year.

Same old FI mentality.