Deleted Topic

• I was reading a thread there, very interesting about Traders deciding to IS their whole ports and lots of comments weighing up where the platform is going. It was very reasoned debate and honestly thought it was responsible gambling with a lot saying, when the fun stops, stop. But now i notice the thread has been deleted? Did FI do this themselves. Are they not happy with open discussion on traders pulling out? I myself am not selling up but did take something from the advice been giving out. Seems very North Korean style if FI are pulling threads with negaitves posts....

• I was on it as thread got deleted and they put error all over it I presume so I couldn’t screen shot damaging posts

• @BarbayanBrawler I noticed that too, I also saw a comment in there that it had been reported/forwarded to FI. So whether they pulled it or not I don't know

• Pretty much after someone tagged in danfi it went

• @Webbinho who was it? snitches get stitches

• I am a bit annoyed as I put a long post with some balanced reasoning which I hope added to the debate, but it is now gone.

Hopefully it was @Mr-Random-number who deleted it as he was worried about it causing a snowball effect, but if he didn't then it would be an FI moderator. That would worry me hugely if so. Hopefully Mr RN can confirm if it was him (and I'd understand if so, as I guess he wouldn't want to be responsible for the Great FI Crash of 2019!).

• @Chris-J said in Deleted Topic:

@Webbinho who was it? snitches get stitches

I don't recall, not someone regular on here I don't think, at least not that I correspond with. They felt it 'disturbing'. Not sure why, seemed a reasonable debate going on

• @Webbinho

it was me who forwarded it on to them, but on the basis that it may force them to react. After reading some of the posts on there, they were well balanced with some good general suggestions which i thought FI should read, hopefully for everyones benefit... didnt appreciate that they might pull it...but on the positive side, if they have atleast we know theyve read it.

• If they did delete it, it makes me very worried if they cant handle a few disgruntled traders having, again imo a very reasoned debate, no one slated or condemned FI as dead. So if that thread bothered them so much to delete it. It's petty and worrying tbh.

• Plenty other current threads causing and stating much worse than that one.

At the end of the day, im as confused as the next man.

I blame it on the keepers...they can keep clean sheets galore and force strikers to sky their pens, and STILL drop a penny!

• And bear in mind this forum is closed to the general public, so it's not likely to impact potential new users.

Wonder how they are silencing any Twitter backlash

• Worse is i had sold up other than Salah and pogba didn’t wanna Instant sell as I only wanted out for a while as I think index is class as soon as topic went IS with the forget this attitude

• @ScouseSte said in Deleted Topic:

And bear in mind this forum is closed to the general public, so it's not likely to impact potential new users.

Wonder how they are silencing any Twitter backlash

I don't think it is - Google picks up everytning in here, and I just tried on incognito mode and it is totally viewable.

We haven't heard back from the creator of the thread, so it might well have been him. But if it wasn't him only FI would have the rights to do it.

• @kristiang85 yea but People have to actively search for it on Google - nobody will do that.

If someone is thinking of joining FI they'll use twitter for opinions. They won't even be aware of a forum mate

• @kristiang85 I can confirm 100% I never deleted it.

I read it when it got to about 40ush posts. Then a message popped up saying I have lost special privileges from what I recall.

That must be when FI DELETED MY THREAD!

Now Fi are panicking

• @Mr-Random-number wow. I can only recall FI deleting offensive threads before. Was there anything offensive in it at all?

• @Mr-Random-number said in Deleted Topic:

@kristiang85 I can confirm 100% I never deleted it.

I read it when it got to about 40ush posts. Then a message popped up saying I have lost special privileges from what I recall.

Now Fi are panicking

Wow.

This is incredibly worrying. Silencing genuine concerns of paying customers (ultimately that's what we are), especially in a thread that was definitely full of reasonable points rather than Twitter-esque hyperbole, is not a good look.

I know I said in the thread that a few factors were stopping me from selling up too, but this has put me a notch closer.

• @Hotspur said in Deleted Topic:

@Mr-Random-number wow. I can only recall FI deleting offensive threads before. Was there anything offensive in it at all?

Not at all. It was actually one of the better 'negative' threads to be honest.

• @ScouseSte said in Deleted Topic:

@kristiang85 yea but People have to actively search for it on Google - nobody will do that.

If someone is thinking of joining FI they'll use twitter for opinions. They won't even be aware of a forum mate

The forum button was one of the first things I saw, and I'm pretty sure I looked at it before I put any hard cash in. But in those days hardly anybody was posting here haha.

• @Mr-Random-number said in Deleted Topic:

@kristiang85 I can confirm 100% I never deleted it.

Now Fi are panicking

Thanks for confirming. When @G27 forwarded the thread to them because he found it disturbing and to get a reaction from them, they can justify deleting it by saying they received a COMPLAINT about it.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.