The best thing that could have happened ... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• Genuinely, I believe that.

Firstly, let me apologise for yet another thread, but I want this message to be visible to all.

Now, some folk will be upset about all the doom and gloom that has been posted on the forum recently. Don't be. It's the honest truth, and it is a clear indication that the market is not happy.

I use the forum to gauge the sentiment of other users and their general happiness with the platform. The problems are visible to all. Do not bury your head in the sand and ignore this.

Onto my point ... πŸ€”

This is the best thing that could have happened.

Today will likely provide us with the biggest 'footie' drop in the history of the football index.

Again, don't shit the bed.

This is the wake up call that was required.

The users are voting with their wallets, and removing money from the platform. The football index must, and will react.

Believe me, there will be some significant meetings taking place at FI tower just now. How do we stop the drop? Why is this happening?

Well, luckily for us ... and you might not even know it, but we all have a seat at this particular negotiating table.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Deposit bonuses only covered the cracks.

That won't work anymore, and as we can all see. The market is falling heavily during a bonus period.

The only fix. The only solution, is to widen the goalposts once more and turn the odds back in the favour of the punter.

This product is unique. It is the best form of gambling I have ever found. It is addictive.

The concept will not fail.

The index just needs to listen to the users again, like it used to.

By all means folks, derisk if you must, and get yourself to a place of safety. This particular boat is heading into very choppy waters.

But I for one, am content that the journey will be worth it when we reach the other side.

Think of it as travelling across the North Sea in a dinghy during gale force winds, in order to attend a 'Victoria's Secret' convention in Stockholm. πŸ˜‰

Best of luck to you all, whatever you decide to do.

• Completely agree

• @johnboywalker I’ve not sold a single player today and believe in the future here but agree with you here.
    Traders are telling FI the market is saturated and now it falls on FI to give a bit of it back. They won’t be fooled by the deposit bonus, the growth in that week was completely immaterial.

• 100% agree. FI aren’t the most proactive bunch.

• I thought the deposit bonus was a lazy announcement and the 4th birthday bonus should have been increased dividends for the month of October for PB or MB or both as that would have been something different and showed they are innovating.

• Absolutely agree. It's a great concept and it will succeed with the right direction. As pioneers of this space, they're bound to make mistakes along the way and they've recently made some pretty spectacular mistakes in my opinion. But I do back them to learn from it and make the platform and the offering stronger.

• Am I the only one who doesn't want a dividend increase yet? πŸ€”

They will give one when it's financially stable to do so. They didn't have one planned so they should stick to that mantra.

If they give one, it would be akin to a football manager panic buying on the last day of the transfer window.

It would be far more dangerous for all concerned if they give one & gambled with all our invested money's & ended up going bust!

Stick to your guns F.I - let's all those who want to leave, leave!

• Great concept, good platform, successful future formula, short term turbulence, senior management warning that users remain integral to platform success.

Batten down the hatches wait for the dividend increase & watch the prices grow again, this is a medium/long term bet not Saturday punt, Monday regret.

• @Ericali have you banged your head or something, used to think you were pretty smart but now you come across as dense. You don't want a dividend increase when it's obvious they're making more money than ever and you're telling people to leave.

• @Ericali I was very happy with the dividend yields from the premium players, until all the traders decided to pull their money and stick it in youth and IPD players. The drops in prices meant the divs weren't worth it for me as they weren't likely to be enough to cover the losses.

With stable prices (trader confidence) I thought the div returns were reasonable and didn't need increasing.

Does that make sense? I might be talking utter sh*te!

• @NallyCat

Unfortunately he's painted himself into a corner by defending FI at all costs, even when their actions have resulted in quite a lot of unhappy customers recently.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

• @johnboywalker I will put up with a few weeks of sea sickness to have a place at that convention! Thanks for the invite!!😁

• @johnboywalker have you de-risked at all? You sounded like you were heading in that direction

• @Ericali We were told on the pod that they are in exceptional financial condition so surely a dividend rise to give confidence to the market and to sell new shares again is a good move.
    It’s not just the trader that would profit.

• @NallyCat said in The best thing that could have happened ... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ:

@Ericali have you banged your head or something, used to think you were pretty smart but now you come across as dense. You don't want a dividend increase when it's obvious they're making more money than ever and you're telling people to leave.

Far from it....

I've just got the ability to see past the end of my nose.

If they cave to demand & give a dividend increase when they can't afford it & end up going bust that 100k or 200k portfolio you have built up will be worth zero!

If you are privvy to football index financial dealings please do share? πŸ€”

Because what I do know is all this increased marketing, sponsorship & technological advances doesn't come for free.

• I agree with what you say, but now the index is much bigger in terms of leadership and product, it is now a heavier tanker to steer. I doubt we will see the quick reactions of the past.

But the message is being heard for sure.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in The best thing that could have happened ... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ:

@Ericali We were told on the pod that they are in exceptional financial condition so surely a dividend rise to give confidence to the market and to sell new shares again is a good move.
    It’s not just the trader that would profit.

I glad you took it at absolute face value - very trusting, although possibly naive.

The high street shops of Thomas Cook were no doubt saying the same just before they were liquidated!

• @ocs123 said in The best thing that could have happened ... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ:

@NallyCat

Unfortunately he's painted himself into a corner by defending FI at all costs, even when their actions have resulted in quite a lot of unhappy customers recently.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

What have I defended at all costs? πŸ€”

Be interested to hear - as I've genuinely no idea.

• I for one am sick to death of all the negativity and scare mongering. Not long after I joined there was a period of constant moaning on the forum the end is nigh the product is rubbish and so on. Being new and seeing so much negativity I panicked and sold my whole port and withdrew my cash. Needless to say not long later I put it all back in and a lot more besides.
    I understand everyone has their opinion which they are rightly so entitled to. Times are changing, this appears to be a period of uncertainty, the market is dropping and adjusting (I think 2 good reasons for this are lots of new users playing around with the product/a few big fish pulled some big money out b4 bonus announcement anticipating it) but come on get a grip people. No one was shouting and moaning when the green was flashing everywhere and every other comment and thread was πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€ if you feel so unsure of what is happening in the market then as is your prerogative cash in your bet. Don't understand why people need to make endless threads and comments of how rubbish it is and the variety of ones today "I've sold my port". We all now sometimes this place is full of sheep. If enough people tell u that pogba is gonna crash (Don't jump down my throat he's just an example) then everyone starts instant selling and his price crashes. Enough people keep shouting it's collapsing then before you know it the ceiling is falling down, but only because we started putting holes in it!
    I personally do not intend to sell any of my players and if I wasn't up to the max I was going to put in then I would be topping up. Now is a time just to be patient I feel.
    Sorry for the rant but after reading so many posts figured I might as well have my go.

• @Ericali I’m just quoting them, not taking it at face value.
    I said on another thread earlier that the only reason not to announce one under the current market conditions is if they can’t afford it.
    I was subsequently shot down by evidence of Nottingham Forest sponsorship and football ground hoardings.
    Don’t accuse me of being naive, thanks :)