The best thing that could have happened ... 🤷‍♂️

• im only 4 months in and i refuse to cash out...
    in that 4 months ive had multiple oppertunitys where i could of cashed out on players ive had 800,1000 & 1400 profit over the past month.
    not once have a put money back into the bank its all sitting on the index ,but im one of those who just wants to see what happens during a season win or lose....2 weeks ago i was at this point where my 7 day loss is at £481 with it being £881 all time...

shortly after it rose to 1200 so im quietly confident its because not all the big names are in euro qualifiers therefore not needed for the next 2 weeks..they will be back =D

• Thank you guys. Reading this thread has actually restored all confidence I have in this index. I've made really good profit over the 2 months I've been on and have only lost 85 pounds today from my 800 I made over the deposit bonus. However reading all of these users withdrawing all their money and derisking got me on edge a bit. I get what the likes of @Ericali have been saying and now I'm comfortable to say I don't want to push a dividend increase anymore. Let FI announce it when they want to and when they feel like it will benefit us and them the most. They're the ones who have made this brilliant platform and they're the ones who will keep this ship afloat. I'll be disappointed if I see a dividend increase announced after this drop we will endure.

OUR LEADERS MUST HAVE A BACKBONE!!!

• @Nachais said in The best thing that could have happened ... 🤷‍♂️:

Thank you guys. Reading this thread has actually restored all confidence I have in this index. I've made really good profit over the 2 months I've been on and have only lost 85 pounds today from my 800 I made over the deposit bonus. However reading all of these users withdrawing all their money and derisking got me on edge a bit. I get what the likes of @Ericali have been saying and now I'm comfortable to say I don't want to push a dividend increase anymore. Let FI announce it when they want to and when they feel like it will benefit us and them the most. They're the ones who have made this brilliant platform and they're the ones who will keep this ship afloat. I'll be disappointed if I see a dividend increase announced after this drop we will endure.

OUR LEADERS MUST HAVE A BACKBONE!!!

What about our invertebrates?

• @Ellisandro I'll put something in them and they'll grow a backbone

• Prior to the deposit bonus users were selling players. The introduction of a deposit bonus did nothing more than artificially stimulate the market.

My thought is that are people trying to get ahead of the post deposit sell off queue and clear out now?

In which case are people expecting there to be another mass sell off after the 5% bonus or will people reinvest. I myself might use the opportunity to invest the 10% from the initial bonus (I sacked off the 5% bonus presumably like many others) on now reduced priced players.

It will be interesting to see.

• @NewUser731 No real reason for much of a sell off after the 5% and everybody will have there bonus to spend.

• Their. I’m still learning!

• @Timothee-Atouba that is exactly my thought. The 5% didn't desperately appeal to me. By the time you take the 2% sell commission it's only really 3% presumably? I can find that a lot easier on a cheap player. I think a lot of people had the same thought and hence the sell off now.

• @NewUser731 said in The best thing that could have happened ... 🤷‍♂️:

Prior to the deposit bonus users were selling players. The introduction of a deposit bonus did nothing more than artificially stimulate the market.

My thought is that are people trying to get ahead of the post deposit sell off queue and clear out now?

In which case are people expecting there to be another mass sell off after the 5% bonus or will people reinvest. I myself might use the opportunity to invest the 10% from the initial bonus (I sacked off the 5% bonus presumably like many others) on now reduced priced players.

It will be interesting to see.

It would be interesting to know how much of this was in anticipation of a birthday bonus.

• @Lukeroro Agree, it would be very interesting to know. I'm sure a significant proportion was in anticipation of it.

However, I personally felt it was more to do with inflated player prices at the top end and the shift in money to the trends which were really prevalent at the time - youth (sentiment) and cheaper players (IPDs). This might be biased as I was feeling a lot of frustration at that time with the market, but I did notice a fair few other traders expressing similar concerns to my own. It seemed to coincide with the beginning of the downturn.

It will be fascinating to see what happens at the end of bonus part 2.

• The Index has always been a place that takes five steps forward and one step back. I’ve been on here for over 3 years now and have never had more confidence that the overall product is strong, the future is bright, and the opportunities are numerous.

• @NewUser731

Going on past experience, it's likely there will be another sell off.

Unfortunately a lot of people tend to just withdraw their bonus cash, which is why these deposit bonuses are such a lame way to try to stimulate artificial growth. FI would be better off spending the money they're going to pay out on bonuses on a dividend increase - i.e. something that will stimulate permanent sustainable growth.