A different direction

• I have today spent 3 hours reading through literally 1000’s of posts on the forum discussing the current downturn in the Index. There are all differing types of posts some support the current direction and many more worry about it.

As a businessman that has spent his life building a substantial business that has always had to move with the times and embrace change I believe I have identified the direction FI are moving in and for me it is time to take out all bar 10% of my funds.

This does not mean everybody should as we each use, invest, enjoy FI for differing reasons, but for me it is time to go.

Why

In my opinion Football Index has now reached the part of its business plan where it diverts from it’s original strategy. It only makes money when players are sold so the more selling the more profit. Daily buying and selling (gambling) on the outcome of matches (IPD’s) is now and probably was always planned to be the heartbeat of the operation and it is where it can maximise profit and revenue.

To get to this point it needed to build a large loyal and dedicated fan base (us) to help build its name and reputation so it could achieve this. We have made money month after month which is the perfect way to build the brand. However it is now happy to lose a percentage of us as we were never actually part of the long term plan.

When I sell my players off they will make commission, the players will fall in value and as more traders do the same, these players will become more affordable to daily trade! Players going up and up in value are not what the platform is about from there point. Cultivating regular punters who enjoy a differing style of short term gambling is where the big profits are.

Do not be upset as this is a business and I have benefitted greatly but over the next few years you will see it more and more become a more mainstream gambling site - It is a disruptor just like Betfair was. However the bottom line is that it was created to make profit for the owners not a cash cow for us. Eventually 90% of people will lose money as that is what gambling is all about.

It has been a great ride and I wish you all well, I will still be here gambling and punting on players with a couple of grand of my profits but the other 20k of profits is about to be used to buy a property for my daughter (she is only 14) so will be paid off by the time she needs it 😀

• @Fletch Even if they have gone in a slightly different direction the market will continue to grow. Just look at this graph posted in another thread: https://indexgain.co.uk/buzzpro/price-timeseries-charts/

If the market carries on at the same rate your investments will still go up. This is a slight downturn after people have over extended themselves. Can't believe the panic on here. S0 the big players are now looking overpriced. This can happen and will in time bottom out and rise again (just look at kane today). This is why a diverse portfolio is so important.

I've only been here less than 6 months. I've seen an over 50% return. I think almost everyone on here will of seen incredible returns also in this time. I believe in 6 months time i will also be significantly up even if I do nothing. People who cash out now will be the first ones back when the marget is flying again. Really tired of these posts.

• Can't believe the negativity around lately, shocking. Everyone needs to seriously have a word with themselves. Prices go up AND down. My port went up by £500 last week and down by £600 this week but overall, thousands up. Come on people, get a grip and stop panicking, we will be alright.

• Great post.
    FI needed to head in a new direction. They no longer want/need the older traders who can sit back and reap dividends on Pogbas/Neymars that they paid £1 for back in the day.
    FI is now established with tales of 100% plus ROI that new traders want a part of.
    They make no money from these older traders as they are not selling and earning FI commission. These traders are liabilities on their balance sheet
    I still intend 'dabbling' as I think there is still money to be made and I get genuine enjoyment from it. Much more than I ever did with a conventional bookie.
    However, when the fun stops. Stop! Some annoying guy once said on an advert. 😁

• @Ben_pz

As I said this is just my reasoning, however you are unwise to use the graph as new players keep being added to the platform which artificially increases the index. In addition all the new traders buy players which creates new futures which pushes the index higher but if they then sell and buy other players the index may increase but not player prices.

Remember statistics can prove anything!

I am selling up because the index is now substantially different to when I joined and so not for me - I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have but personally I do believe buying and sitting on players is a safe strategy.

• This is why I was saying yesterday that FI need to engage. I personally agree that those of us who genuinely wanted to build a port and sit on it are seen as a liability now. Weve grown their brand, virtually acted as a recruitment agency for them but with the rise of the short term flippers we have become an anachronism. Clear as day.

If this is not the case then fi need to show us that this is not the case. Until they throw us a bone and actively do something to show us that the product is still geared towards long term investment then I'm afraid the writing is on the wall and theres nothing for us here

• @Fletch Sorry to vent my frustration at your post, it's more as a whole to everyone who's cashing out. I understand your reasoning I just disagree wholeheartedly. If FI had no more room to grow then yes I would also get out but I still think FI is still in a huge phase of growth, it's still a baby really.
    Yes they will add players which will saturate the market a little but how much? Very very little and no where near the amount that the market will grow. Players will also retire or get relegated and become irrelevant.

• I wish the people wanting to go would just go with your profits & stop lingering around like a bad smell.

We get it - it's changed & your not happy. If you don't want to try & adapt here's your coat & hat, close the door & be on your merry way. 👍

• If FI dont want the "super long termers", i say super because if without any long termers whatsoever, it effectively becomes like AIM, daily pump an dumps, gambling only short term performance and hype

So in my eyes long termers are needed and they are clearly the reason that FI has grown so much, which has enabled them to branch out and start to target short term (gambling) customers, but long termers are the back bone to the sustainable model

Back to my initial first line, would it be so bad of FI if they capped MB and PB to only the first 12 months of holding a player or even 6 months, whether this is too complicated, but the IPD are only for the first 30 days

Super long termers would have to be ready to flip their holdings every 12 months, long termers im sure re evalutate their holdings constantly anyway, so less of an issue for the latter

Fine line between keeping the current model on track and blending in the new concepts without affecting the gravy train

"Dont bite off the hand that feeds you" or something along those lines

• @Ben_pz said in

If the market carries on at the same rate your investments will still go up. This is a slight downturn after people have over extended themselves. Can't believe the panic on here.

Nailed it pal

• @Dronny-Gaz u r just bitter train had left the station i wish i was drivin this frickin train!!

• @NewUser151265
    Not at all. I'm glad I got in when I did and have done OK on here. I'm currently playing with profit and have my initial investment ready to go again, if I see that opportunity. I always intended de-risking at some point. The deposit bonus gave me the chance to offload.

• @Dronny-Gaz so y cant u just take @Ericali advice and quietly please best for all sides

• Not really sure what your point is. Is it one of those awkward situations where you've read half of my post, misunderstood it and decided to pass on your words of wisdom?
    Again, I'm still on here playing with profit. Ready to go again if i see the opportunity.
    Good luck with your portfolio.

• @Ericali said in A different direction:

I wish the people wanting to go would just go with your profits & stop lingering around like a bad smell.

We get it - it's changed & your not happy. If you don't want to try & adapt here's your coat & hat, close the door & be on your merry way. 👍

For every user that leaves or threatens to leave. I personally want to know the reasons why.

@Fletch has described in detail his reasoning. I thank him for this. He did it in a calm and logical manner. To my knowledge, it is the first time he has spoken on the matter and I agree with many of his points.

The whole 'oh just piss off and leave' mentality is understandable. You don't have time for others. That's fine. But your mindset is just as damaging as those panic selling.

Many on the forum are seeking reassurances. If you truly believe in the platform, then it is in our mutual interest to provide the required support to these users.

I have always found that if you listen to an individual with a grievance, rather than dismissing them out of hand, you often find a way to resolve the problem.

I want every single poster on this forum to remain on the platform. If they leave, they take their money with them, and ultimately they effect both our chances of future success on the platform.

• @Fletch said in A different direction:

In my opinion Football Index has now reached the part of its business plan where it diverts from it’s original strategy. It only makes money when players are sold so the more selling the more profit.

Think they only make 2% on sales, and any spread if Is... Surely they make most their money when the sell que is empty and they sell thin air for the going rate.

• Opportunity has come knocking!

• One little announcement and all is good. I wonder what % of £ that was taken out will be put back in?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.