The resurrection of Pogba?

• Dont think you can lose on Pogba now

• I commend all those that have held pogba and are still buying. I sold all mine last week at a loss and reinvested all the money on Messi and have made back and more on my losses. You guys have balls of steel! 💪

• @Sol not balls of steel just pragmatic in my case. £400 down on him. No opportunity cost as have been withdrawing money since the '£900 up £600 down' incident
    Might as well hold and see how long before he's back as King. Well he might not be king but at the end of the day there is a great player in there somewhere.
    Worse case scenario he recovers his value in the French team next summer.

• @NewUser159387 Come on, it's not "far fewer MB chances " is it? In fact there's only two Euro qualifiers left (both of which Pogba may well miss anyway due to injury) and then it will be back to normal for the rest of the season as far as MB days goes.

And even if this continues and competitive international matches remain PB eligible, there is still one MB place up for grabs on each of those matchdays, together with the usual triple days before, in between and after the matches. So what you're losing is the chance to win MB divs for a 2nd or 3rd placing on approx. 10 days.

This hardly justifies a huge (and further) drop in price. With the new dividend structure an MB win is worth 50% more, and Pogba could win approx. 30% fewer MB days and still return more MB than he did last season.

The other circumstances are of course dependent on what happens in the news and with Pogba's future. That is where the real questions over his value lie. It's hard to predict what will happen to his future, or to that of Man Utd, but him leaving and/or not being a media darling in the future is far from a foregone conclusion.

Whatever happens with Pogba's future, and his price, i think we need to get away from the notion that the changes to MB themselves will have a huge impact over a long period of time.

• @Hotspur Media being opened up will almost certainly be counter-balanced by the increased MB on offer though - Pogba can afford to win far fewer days worth of MB and still return more MB £.

The real question regarding Pogba's long term is over his future and whether that lies at Man Utd or another club. I even think some of this has been overstated though, as i still think he would be a premium hold at any of the clubs he is likely to join.

• Personally, I believe this ‘Pogba injury’ is very suspect. I’ve seen this behaviour in the past where a player is mysteriously injured and during the time the team play well and the player who’s injured is sold during the ‘smoke screen’. It’s looking more and more likely pogba will be sold soon. If it’s PSG, I’m all in. Madrid will still be good. Juventus, and he will be mid £4. If this ‘injury’ hadn’t happened, I would have kept the faith and held. I think the the same situation happened with Roberto baggio some years ago. Good luck to all holders.

• The reality is more than likely Pogba will have his day again.
    6 months ago everyone was anti-Messi - he's too old, he won't win enough divs to cover capital depreciation etc etc. Fast forward today and many of the same people are now telling you what a great hold Messi is and how he's a dividend monster and age doesn't matters.
    It's just as likely that in 6 months time the people that are saying Pogba is finished today will be the very ones telling you what a great hold he is again as his price rockets as United close in on winning the Europa League and Pogba prepares for Euro 2020.

• @Wotabeast

It's not that he "won't ever" win dividends again, just he's far higher risk given his current price than most other realistic elite dividend winners. I've been saying this since he was £7.40 (when I sold) & he subsequently topped out at £8.40 but has been on the slide ever since (so I feel my warnings were justified) if slightly premature. He no longer seems to be vying for MB wins anymore irrespective of how many there are but perhaps that's just my perception.

There are only 2 important factors to consider in buying, selling & holding FI players - the underlying fundamental outlook for the player & the timing of the trade. I think the first is still on balance negative & he can fall further so the best thing for perspective buyers to do is to wait but you could be right & he could have turned the corner. Just far better, safer players for my money at present until his future is clearer.

• The thing is.....

Why gamble to buy Pogba?

You can buy anyone in the Top 10 at the minute with the dividends increase & there are all likely to go up
    0_1572538527861_Screenshot_20191031-161357.png

Pogba is the anomoly - Messi is in the red the past 24 hours but he's gone from £5.10 to £6.70 in the past 2 weeks!

Everyone is rising - why put your money is someone who's hit a road block & is out injured for the next month? 🤔

• Pogba will definately have another period where he wins MB and PB when he gets back to playing regularly. The question is what will his price be when this happens? And i wouldn't be investing knowing there are probably loads of Pogba holders who have been sitting on big losses waiting for a rise so they can cash out.

If i held i would wait for the next big storm/transer/matchday saga and take the money 👍

• @Ericali said in The resurrection of Pogba?:

Everyone is rising - why put your money is someone who's hit a road block & is out injured for the next month?

For exactly this reason 😝

• @Riley's-Liegemen said in The resurrection of Pogba?:

@Ericali said in The resurrection of Pogba?:

Everyone is rising - why put your money is someone who's hit a road block & is out injured for the next month?

I like your thinking ...

I've been selling up loads of my PB holds after reaching 100% capital appreciation on them due to the recent boom.

I will be reinvesting the cash in the players that are suffering irrational drops, or haven't yet risen.

The market is a funny old place, but I'm almost certain that once this trend runs its course and folk get fed up chasing dividends, they will head back to the youngsters and the chance of unearthing the next Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe/Sancho.

The money always filters down throughout the index. If all the £4 players start hitting the £5 mark, it won't be long before most 80p players edge towards £1.

So long as the money remains in the market. We will all have a chance at grabbing a slice of the pie. 👍🤑😎

• @Riley's-Liegemen said in The resurrection of Pogba?:

Yep, this is what I mean. Moving strategy to buy the dips. My pay was late, so felt too risky buying players that have shot up 60p in a day etc fast rises often lead to fast drops. They shouldn't this time though as at last the masses are buy div winners, so hopefully they understand holding...

Buy like said before, since I've moved to buying against the momentum of the masses I've seen my biggest rewards.

• @Westy said in The resurrection of Pogba?:

@Riley's-Liegemen said in The resurrection of Pogba?:

Yep, this is what I mean. Moving strategy to buy the dips. My pay was late, so felt too risky buying players that have shot up 60p in a day etc fast rises often lead to fast drops. They shouldn't this time though as at last the masses are buy div winners, so hopefully they understand holding...

Buy like said before, since I've moved to buying against the momentum of the masses I've seen my biggest rewards.

Not quite - what you have done is bought someone who is friendless in the top-tier.

This is because of his injury & projected move from Manchester United. The market sentiment won't change unless he signs a new contract.

If you was going against the momentum of the masses you would be buying up all the cheap youngsters who are dropping - like myself.

• @Westy

Welcome to the club partner. 👍

All it takes is an injury, or a baron run of form and the prices of the recent PB risers will drop. The newbies will panic and start instant selling. Before we know it, the cycle will have completed, and the next trend will begin.

Those with the experience understand the benefits to long term thinking and trusting the cycles/trends of the platform.

The newbies don't. They freak out at the first sign of red (just as we all did at the start). They sell when they shouldn't and buy when I wouldn't.

In time, it will be the bargain basement boys that benefit most from the current trend.

• @Ericali true, but whilst my pay day deposit has gone on pog, ceballos and pellegrini as I'm still mostly a div based buyer, div wins are going on crashing kids too (if I feel they will suit pb in time) and unpopular non Europeans. Many different seeds, crop rotation cycles, port never shoots up in one go, but nor does it sink in one go. Just need to work on my cap app taking timing and possibly do a bit more selling and re buying e.g. xhaka, could sense a peak was there, but I've held on... Pog n Neymar in the past, yes if I'd ditched them when the masses did I could have piled up on the likes of Sensi, Ruiz, Alberto etc, but could have also piled on kids that have gone south too.

• @Westy I understand that. 👍

Nobody wants to go back into the kids when they are still dropping - but rarely do people time the peaks & troughs to perfection. You just have to sense when you think they are there or there about.

Some have dropped £1/80p/60p recently.

Brewster £1.45 since pre-season!

The drops are probably long overdue, Greenwood being dearer than Rashford without starting a game just wasn't right.

Even my Almada has dropped from £2.19 to £1.93 at the time of writing & that's one of the lesser drops - a mere 26p!

But there's only so much money that can be shed before they look tasty again. The trick is to get in before everyone else starts licking their lips.

• As soon as Pogba is back and gets his first goal his price is going to rocket

• When is he due back?

• @NewUser66152

Player
    Paul Pogba

Reason
    Ankle/Foot Injury

Further Detail
    Oct 27: "I don't think we'll see Paul before December. He'll be out a while. He needs time to fully recover."

Potential Return
    01/12/2019

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.