Well done to those who held and believed

• Held and topped up!! I did post multiple messages telling people to keep faith... but understand the panic mentality too. People who IS’ed their ports must be in agony right now!

• I wasn't ever going to sell as my port only went down by less than 0.2% in total.

Anyone selling up in protest just lost themselves 2% at the very least.

• I took a hit on Sunday and Monday, but I keep a daily tracker spreadsheet to help me see things in context. As of last night I was still significantly up on where I was after the last dip (just before birthday bonus announcement). So I wasn’t remotely tempted to sell up as I know these dips will happen from time to time.

• Markets go up and down that’s the nature the booms always out way the busts on here my advise would be de risk if your unsure but never sell up 🤦‍♂️

• Held

My reasons are simple, when everyone is panicking I do nothing just watch and read the forum ( I’m not on Twitter ).
    When it’s all 🚀🚀🚀 and 🎉🎉🎉 I also do nothing and try not get over excited. We still don’t know what’s exactly happening on the 29th, a review could mean many things.
    I’m lucky in that I don’t need the money I’ve invested in the index anytime soon and so im happy to ride the rough with the smooth.
    Long term trader but happy to adjust if necessary.

• This post is deleted!

• I held. The reason - I'm not stupid!!

• @AndydfopT Been here and seen quite alot! FI is a incredible platform and actually.....fun!

• I held cos...I'm currently up 129% in profit in just over a year. My portfolio dropped but never significant enough to convince me to sell up - Not even a close call tbh.

• @Wiillaah that's fair enough, still not nice seeing profits disappear.. Iv got a 3 k port in which was 500 in green and one stage but I was very close to 3k again and was fearing the worse to be honest

• I sold up most if my port and put most of it on Neymar, Messi, Kroos, Alcantara and TAA. And i only did it because they had fell so much and if the rest of the index was to follow id rather be on big dividend earners failing cap app players. Still cant get over how well i timed it

• @Black-wolf call yourself warren buffett mofo, that was some slick genius trading my man.

• @Black-wolf said in Well done to those who held and believed:

I sold up most if my port and put most of it on Neymar, Messi, Kroos, Alcantara and TAA. And i only did it because they had fell so much and if the rest of the index was to follow id rather be on big dividend earners failing cap app players. Still cant get over how well i timed it

I take it you instant sold? As nobody seemed to be buying.

• I held, not impressed with some of the gloating/ribbing I've seen on people who didn't though.

• @NallyCat said in Well done to those who held and believed:

I held, not impressed with some of the gloating/ribbing I've seen on people who didn't though.

Aye, I agree, it's all a bit unnecessary.

Neither side of the coin should be celebrated.

Those who sold up or de-risked, did so for selfish personal reasons, not for some greater good. I'm not criticising this decision. I fully understand why an individual would look to protect their financial position following the past week.

When they instant sold, we were all effected. Our portfolios all continued to fall, because they sold theirs.

Admittedly, without their 'sacrifice'🤣, the likelihood is, the index would not have announced a dividend review at this stage.

But to thank them would be wrong.

Almost akin to praising a group of soldiers who fled the battlefield in retreat, forcing the powers that be into sending reinforcements to an embattled front line. 🤣

I do love a shite analogy.

• @johnboywalker quite right. It was a shite analogy. Well done 👍

• @NallyCat said in Well done to those who held and believed:

I held, not impressed with some of the gloating/ribbing I've seen on people who didn't though.

Spot on! The constant need to be right or being better than someone else isn't needed. I believed it was right to hold but I said numerous times we all have different situations, different tolerance to risk and all have to make our own decisions based on our personal situation and assessments.

Anyone who wants to gloat should go join the twitter brigade and their constant bickering.

• i held simply because im only 4 months into it and havnt a clue of the different scenarios that go on..you would think with 12k invested i would crap my pants ...so the plan is to assess the first year to prepare me for any little quirks next season

• @Old-Man said in Well done to those who held and believed:

I held. The reason - I'm not stupid!!

In now way am i saying this is the same situation as i have a lot of faith in FI as a platform but...

there were probably a lot of "stupid" risk averse people who bailed in Jan 18 (below) and a lot of "Clever" people holding onto a pile of shit right now.

0_1570598012315_upload-8838409c-d0ba-4a35-9d8c-37060076ba96

• It was like having to hold an awkward poo in til you could get to a trusted toilet... But I held it in.

I had succumbed to the dip, missed the chance to sell and get out, so settled in thinking at some point it'll turn around.

Came quicker than expected. And still hasn't quite turned around...

I imagine some people have left, and by doing so ISd lots of mb n pb holds. Too raw to buy back.
    Some must of had lots in the sell queue and seen them go for cheap now.
    Lots must have just delisted from the sell queue as still didn't see much new money coming in.
    Guessing many put in any funds available during the 10% and just can't buy.
    Some will wait to see what the announcement is, you don't really want to be caught up in the flashing light melee, but loads will!

So I think the bonus payout money will now go into the top div players, whereas I reckon at least 90% was going to go out of the index.
    Then people will be gathering funds to try and get the divs players before the announcement... Probably see yths being sold to fund this. Then a boost on the announcement.
    Then pay day will be big depending on the news. And if its decent rises, we should some extended steady growth until it settles at the top end... Then yths will look attractive and squad players will start to close the gap...

Bonus pay out 19th
    Announcement 29th???

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.