Well done to those who held and believed

• @Old-Man said in Well done to those who held and believed:

I held. The reason - I'm not stupid!!

In now way am i saying this is the same situation as i have a lot of faith in FI as a platform but...

there were probably a lot of "stupid" risk averse people who bailed in Jan 18 (below) and a lot of "Clever" people holding onto a pile of shit right now.

0_1570598012315_upload-8838409c-d0ba-4a35-9d8c-37060076ba96

• It was like having to hold an awkward poo in til you could get to a trusted toilet... But I held it in.

I had succumbed to the dip, missed the chance to sell and get out, so settled in thinking at some point it'll turn around.

Came quicker than expected. And still hasn't quite turned around...

I imagine some people have left, and by doing so ISd lots of mb n pb holds. Too raw to buy back.
    Some must of had lots in the sell queue and seen them go for cheap now.
    Lots must have just delisted from the sell queue as still didn't see much new money coming in.
    Guessing many put in any funds available during the 10% and just can't buy.
    Some will wait to see what the announcement is, you don't really want to be caught up in the flashing light melee, but loads will!

So I think the bonus payout money will now go into the top div players, whereas I reckon at least 90% was going to go out of the index.
    Then people will be gathering funds to try and get the divs players before the announcement... Probably see yths being sold to fund this. Then a boost on the announcement.
    Then pay day will be big depending on the news. And if its decent rises, we should some extended steady growth until it settles at the top end... Then yths will look attractive and squad players will start to close the gap...

Bonus pay out 19th
    Announcement 29th???

• @Westy I have been wondering what is going to happen between now and the 29th. I would like to think that trading will take on a semblance of logic, with traders positioning themselves based on the likely div changes. Regardless of everyone's predictions, this would be a nice development as it would put dividends back at the centre of people's trading decisions. Whether that continues after the 29th will depend on FIs generosity.

In all honesty I would take a few weeks of quiet time on the index after the rollercoaster of the past month. If I left my port until the 28th and then logged back in to see it broadly at the same level I wouldn't be distraught! Over the last 2 weeks I have been up by £2k, then down by £800, and finally now I'm more or less up by £700 for the period. I would have taken a slow and steady £50 rise per day over this rollercoaster any day!

Another thing to mention is the Footie has hardly moved - only up 27.78 points overnight. That suggests no new money coming in yet, but the money flowing out has been stemmed for now and most of the rises were people delisting. Just a shame the spreads don't seem to have reacted yet. Hopefully we will see some new money being put back in and steady, logical investment between now and the 29th.

• @johnboywalker yeah but because i was instant selling lower value players to buy premium players the spreads werent as bad and still got out of most at a profit.

• @Mr-Matt it was bloody lucky is what it was

• Another thing to mention is the Footie has hardly moved - only up 27.78 points overnight. That suggests no new money coming in yet, but the money flowing out has been stemmed for now and most of the rises were people delisting. Just a shame the spreads don't seem to have reacted yet. Hopefully we will see some new money being put back in and steady, logical investment between now and the 29th.

Good point @Wotabeast, I was going to say the same thing this morning.

Not much new money has come into the index & basically what F.I have done for now is insert a cork to stop any leakage.

The rises yesterday seem to have come from people unlisting the top players from the qué, or people IS-ing lower down to move their money into PB holds in preparation for the announcement.

• @Advinculas-Index I completely agree with you, FI bears no resemblance to Bitcoin

• @Old-Man said in Well done to those who held and believed:

@Advinculas-Index I completely agree with you, FI bears no resemblance to Bitcoin

True but even you were voicing concerns about the markets future yesterday
    So for traders who have a more risk averse attitude to reduce their holdings it makes more sense to me than for them to hold on blindly . Especially if they have the same misgivings outlines in one of your posts yesterday about the way the FI management react to disgruntled traders and its impact on the platforms future.

I personally think it will go from strength to strength over the next few years but at least I know that If and when it does start to go south I won’t have lost any of my own outlay.

Call that stupid if you want, I call it prudent

• @Gregolocky said in Well done to those who held and believed:

Held

My reasons are simple, when everyone is panicking I do nothing just watch and read the forum ( I’m not on Twitter ).
    When it’s all 🚀🚀🚀 and 🎉🎉🎉 I also do nothing and try not get over excited. We still don’t know what’s exactly happening on the 29th, a review could mean many things.
    I’m lucky in that I don’t need the money I’ve invested in the index anytime soon and so im happy to ride the rough with the smooth.
    Long term trader but happy to adjust if necessary.

Same here. I think not needing the money is key to not panicking. If you've invested too much that you can't afford to lose, then it's more likely you'll panic.

I have held throughout the dips. The main thing I referred myself back to was the amount of advertising FI have done. I don't think FI will have tripled their advertising budget for the 2019/2020 season for the whole thing to go bang by October 2019 and the level of discontent on Twitter and here was bad PR for them, especially with so many new members.

When the bonus didn't really work then the dividend increase announcement was the ace FI always had up their sleeve, and they played it well. I kept my money in as I believe FI still has growth ahead, and as long as it's continuing to grow then FI always have the dividend increase ace up their sleeve.

• @Yellow I cant speak to other peoples reasons but my thought process, and I wouldnt be suprised if this strikes a chord with others, is that around late morning on monday I was becoming really pissed off with those in charge and honestly felt that the whole thing was beginning to look like the crime of the century!

My reason for jumping was that I thought that getting out whilst still in profit would have saved me from harbouring resentment which isnt good. Also the thought of booking a great christmas holiday for myself and her indoors somewhere sunny was suddenly looking infinitely more appealling than watching pennies constantly disappearing from players who I had bought in good faith whilst taking aim at goalposts that were in a different place at time of purchase.

Undoubtedly, you will be right about some of those who jumped, and I bet there are some who have overstretched that have carried on regardless. These ppl are the ones with proper balls, but I would suggest in their cases that lessons should be learned and if ppl are over exposed then the boom period were all hoping for may be the perfect time to address that

• @MickTurbo said in Well done to those who held and believed:

@Yellow I cant speak to other peoples reasons but my thought process, and I wouldnt be suprised if this strikes a chord with others, is that around late morning on monday I was becoming really pissed off with those in charge and honestly felt that the whole thing was beginning to look like the crime of the century!

My reason for jumping was that I thought that getting out whilst still in profit would have saved me from harbouring resentment which isnt good. Also the thought of booking a great christmas holiday for myself and her indoors somewhere sunny was suddenly looking infinitely more appealling than watching pennies constantly disappearing from players who I had bought in good faith whilst taking aim at goalposts that were in a different place at time of purchase.

Undoubtedly, you will be right about some of those who jumped, and I bet there are some who have overstretched that have carried on regardless. These ppl are the ones with proper balls, but I would suggest in their cases that lessons should be learned and if ppl are over exposed then the boom period were all hoping for may be the perfect time to address that

That's an entirely logical reason for getting out, feeling pissed off and resentful about it is no good. After all, when the fun stops, stop. I am sure that amongst the people panic selling because they saw drops for a few days in a row were plenty of people like yourself who weren't sure which direction the leadership was taking FI, which is a very different train of thought to 'shit, I'm in the red, bail out!'. Indeed, I had my own feelings on FI's direction that I alluded to in my email to FI.

Hopefully there is a lot of good come out of this. It's a tricky one for FI because they have to be incredibly mindful of what they communicate. Mike and Ciaran on the FIG podcast mention that dividends don't need addressing and all of a sudden the market starts going backwards. Some regular updates on order books, NASDAQ etc would be well received I think.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.