Is the footie delayed 24hrs?

• From what I gather the general thought on the footie is that the counter resets at midnight and it represents the live state of trading for the day from that point.
    The past few days I've had the thought it seems to be representing the previous days movements rather than the current days.
    So anyway... the footie is flat at the moment +27.78pts, if my theory is valid we should see a huge spike around lunchtime as the dividend news was announced about 1pm yesterday...Now we wait...

• @Wiillaah

No. That's the footie based on yesterday's money movements. It will likely drop a little further today

• @Wiillaah said in Is the footie delayed 24hrs?:

From what I gather the general thought on the footie is that the counter resets at midnight and it represents the live state of trading for the day from that point.
    The past few days I've had the thought it seems to be representing the previous days movements rather than the current days.
    So anyway... the footie is flat at the moment +27.78pts, if my theory is valid we should see a huge spike around lunchtime as the dividend news was announced about 1pm yesterday...Now we wait...

I'm slightly confused, so excuse my morning brain, but I think I get what you are saying ...

The footie was probably falling heavily from 0000 hours to 1230 hours yesterday, then following the announcement, it corrected and rocketed.

Which results in the footie appearing stagnant.

I am of the belief that the footie represents the previous days activity.

• I took the suprisingly small figure to mean that the vast majority of rises yesterday were down to ppl unlisting rather than new money coming in which would have resulted in a much bigger figure

• @johnboywalker I agree with this. Also, I think the Footie represents money invested in players. I expect a lot of the “surge” we saw yesterday was people cancelling sell orders on Pogba etc. This would adjust prices upwards, but does not change the actual money invested so doesn’t positively impact the Footie. NB This is speculation based on what I’ve observed and never been confirmed by FI!

EDIT: @MickTurbo great minds etc etc!

• It's the total money invested in all players in the Index (not just the Top 200 as FI's FAQs used to say).

So the small +27.78 figure currently showing may suggest that lots of people sold existing futures yesterday morning and then bought new futures yesterday afternoon and evening (after the Dividend Review was announced) and / or that the change in some player prices was driven by people removing futures from the sell queue (as suggested above), not necessarily new money coming into the Index.

The net result was only a small gain in the total money invested in all players from the previous day (Monday).