I have tried selling my neymars but still don't have any takers.

• Does this bother anyone that it's pretty hard to sell players even in a bonus period and a dividend review on the way? It frustrates me that the price they are isn't the price you can sell at. There is no chance of me instant selling either.

• Well you've answered your own question mate ... why are you selling Neymar during a bonus period and with the possibility of a div increase which would see him benefit?

If you are doing this, others may be too

• @Tom7471 I had De Bruyne, Maddison and Depay in the queue for days and then they all sold yesterday with a nice little boost- quite lucky really

• @Tom7471

Timing a sale is the key thing when selling to the market.

I listed and sold a small proportion of my Neymar futures yesterday around 1-2pm. It was easy because there was a mass buying frenzy, so he sold in a matter of minutes.

But if I had waited until say 3-4pm, when his price had already peaked at £7.55 and was dropping back slightly to £7.45, it would have taken much longer to sell, because a 10p drop could indicate that up to 6,000 futures (600 x 10) are ahead of you in the sell queue. Plus if only a few people are buying, the sell queue will move very slowly.

Personally I would keep a decent chunk in him because he is a great long term dividend winner. However, if you are thinking about selling Neymar, then I'd recommend listing him on Friday 18th October, when PSG are one of only two PB-eligible matches. There will almost certainly be another surge of Neymar buyers that day, before the 2pm MB & PB dividend deadline. You will of course miss out on any dividends he wins later that evening, but if you're looking to market sell at a decent price, that's probably a good day to do so.

• @ocs123 thanks

• Why would you want to sell Neymar before Oct 29? He is likely to fly then if there is a material dividend increase, as surely there will be.

• wow.

When Neymar's price slipped how many do you think went on the market ?

How many do you think got re=listed when the price spiked, If you think its a good time for you to sell, perhaps others are thinking the same ?

Until the announcement money is likely to stay out of the big guns as it may be a PB increase, could be MB, could be neither.

• @Munchie63 Imagine neither 😯
    I’ve never at any point seriously considered leaving in the year I’ve been here but would happily IS my entire port as soon as the market re-opens on the 29th in that event.
    The alarm bells would be deafening.

• FI have to stmulate some action at the top end or they wouldn't be making this anouncement . PB change or MB channge Neymar/Messi are 2 players who benifit most from either, Why would anybody sell Neymar now?

• @Hotspur Him getting injured is one of the many reasons I wanted to sell him. Still haven't managed to sell any of him. Trying to sell the most expensive player on the index for almost a month is a bit of a joke. I can sort of understand instant selling a bit more now.

• @Tom7471 said in I have tried selling my neymars but still don't have any takers.:

@Hotspur Him getting injured is one of the many reasons I wanted to sell him. Still haven't managed to sell any of him. Trying to sell the most expensive player on the index for almost a month is a bit of a joke. I can sort of understand instant selling a bit more now.

Ask yourself why, if you are desperate to sell him are there going to be a load of buyers snapping him up and moving you up to the front of the queue in a short space of time.
    The market is relatively stagnant at the moment you would have the same issue with any other player who is slowly dropping or flat at present, also when you consider that he was 7.75 at one point last week with most of the 35p drop caused by traders listing him, the chances are that the queue is quite long at present.