Has confidence really been restored?

• Considering the announcement yesterday. A surge followed but the players starting to drop today. Are people still be cautious until the full details have been announced?

• I certainly am. They have not said they will be increasing divs and so I will not be getting carried away!

• @Tincan Of course. Blind optimism would be naive right now. There’s a small amount of optimism from the fact that FI know something needs to change regard dividends.
    But the onus is now on them to deliver the announcement that will bring optimism. Let’s hope they can do that.

• The bean counters will be doing all sorts of number crunching.

Staying the obvious, they need to make their profit as that keeps the business floating whilst some type of increase for us.

I think once they are on the new platform with order books etc the product will start to move forward without the need of tweaks and deposit bonuses.

I’m happy I might earn a few more pennies in divs. But not happy that they seem to have given into a number of big name cry babies.

Be interesting to know what % of the income is from the big big boys as to the rest of us.

• I think I need to see more signs of life before putting more cash in to be honest. Didnt withdraw anything, but I'm not topping up either. It's great that its recovered, but it's not the most stable right now is it. I'm personally holding for for a few weeks yet.

• I'm surprised the announcement had 'any' effect on the market.. as said somewhere else a lot of folk have perhaps been bulk selling portfolios and cashing out for whatever reason which will happen from time to time so its how the market reacts which is what we all need to learn and understand... what seems to happen is that 'FI' panics at losses and things drop significantly before picking themselves up due to pure quantity of ongoing investment.... (this is where we need FI to step in with big advertising campaigns and incentives)...

I've looked at my portfolio and only 21 of my 54 players are UP on last months price (leaving 4 priced the same and 29 DOWN in value) but overall since opening my trades with the 54 in question only 7 are at a loss with 1 who i bought just last month at the same value... 46 players in profit (many doubled in value)... So no real panic on the grand scheme of things???

Interestingly some of the worst performing players in the last month are those who i brought who have simply been doing badly on the pitch or are not playing at all!!!! Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Matty De Ligt, David Neres, Mo Salah, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford, Kylian Mbappe to name a few.... I can't blame FI for these players not achieving the appreciation i expect right now????

In fact of the players UP on last month i hold Messi, Neymar, Robert Skov, Zaniolo, Oyarzabal, Moussa Dembele, Donny van der Beek, Allasane Plea and these are players that are playing well and are rewarded because of it!!!!

As said by many... this isn't a 'guaranteed' income scheme but one where you need to invest in the right players (with a balanced portfolio) to achieve appreciation and dividend return. Too much of something specific you might see larger losses but greater returns, a bit of everything and IF the index is performing your own portfolio should too!

• Not really sure why they would publicly announce a review of the dividend policy, only to then not make any changes.

This scenario just causes people to lose confidence in both the market and Football Index.

I expect they will increase dividend payouts in some form, i don't care to speculate on which holds will benefit most from this.

• I'm one of those who held onto my portfolio but I'm not reinvesting more money at the minute but that's nothing to do with the last few weeks of "turmoil". I've not been investing more funds for a while but it's good to see that FI are doing something to try and get things going again.

In all business things go stale and need freshening up, will be interesting to see what comes with the review, but the BETA site should also be up again and small things like that may make a change for people.

I think the people leaving the index was due to a host of reasons, losing the fun in it, IPO issues, dividends not being paid, increase of IPD flips, perceived lack of appreciation to "loyal, long term traders".

At the end of the day I joined for a laugh to play with some money that I didn't mind losing. I've made a profit and withdrawn 50% of what I have invested and still have a portfolio worth more than what I paid for it so I'm happy with that. It's made me money but it's not guaranteed to make money. I think people forget that sometimes.

• 0_1570619187290_Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 12.03.55.png

I don't know about confidence being restored.... Who won MB yesterday?

• For me the 'subtext' of the announcement was any divdend changes would be to align the dividend structure with the current value of players in the market.

So from my perspective I still don't expect any growth at the top end, though, holding Mo Salah at £4.50 will become more appealing then it was in terms of potential annual ROI.

• Just to add that if FI pay out MB for either Vardy or Rooney today because of their wives Instagram habits, then no, confidence has very firmly not been restored in FI.

• @DW Mo Salah was 4.92 after scoring in the Champions League final... He since had a pretty crap African Nations Cup (for his standards) and has been outscored this season by his team-mate Sadio Mane (not sure how many DIVS he's won in that time though)... Now not saying he 'shouldn't' be higher in value now than he was back then but I think if he was scoring goals every game then he would have more chance of returning higher capital appreciation as more would be buying into him!!!

Compare him for example to Sadio Mane who back in June was priced 2.48 to now being at 2.99 then we see why people are perhaps selling or not buying Salah and instead opting for players that 'are' performing above the expected levels.

I think YES Salah is worth £4.50 right now.... and compare him to Neymar he should probably be priced at no more than £1/£1.50 lower than him at the top of the index... BUT he also isn't worth £1.50 more than Sadio Mane so I feel the market is still in a time of adjustment rather than panic as we are still in it's infancy as people work out what works and what doesn't through appreciation + dividend return.

• The twitter message about the review did say something like... 'This will be big' or 'it's a big one' and had rocket emojis.
    I'd trust then that FI have something decent planned.

• The similarities to BREXIT here are uncanny 😂😂😂.

FI promising us some sort of deal by the end of October, meanwhile traders at each others throats (those who REMAINED against those who sold up and could possibly LEAVE)
    Fascinating times all round 😂

• The footie was only slightly up yesterday which suggests that all the announcement did was steady the market.

I'm assuming alot of the rises yesterday were removals from the sell queue rather than buys because if all those rises were due to buying the footie would have been up a lot more, where as the footie doesn't care if your player is in the sell queue or not because it's still invested money, so adding and removing from the sell queue won't shift the footie.

My guess is alot of people were planning to sell up or change their tactic so we're trying to sell off players. The announcement comes out and suddenly people wonder what it means, don't want to make a bad decision so remove their Pogbas etc from the sell queue incase the div change really benefits people like him.

I'd like to know how the value of all the players that were queued to sell has changed over the last 48 hours. My guess is there is alot less in the queue now.

• @BradD yeh defo delisting mostly.
    Doubt many have funds available to buy just after 10% bonus.
    So settled, some reshuffling of current port funds, some scrabbling in bank accounts to scrape a neymar together until pay day rockets!

Also lots holding back any current funds til they know what the divs news is.

Bonus paid out^
    Divs news day ^ (if decent news)
    Pay day^

So good time to be in and ready for this end of Oct ride.

• @BradD I think the sell queue will grow again until the announcement. Its very stagnant today not much movement. There is a sell queue growing for pogba as he is dropping penny by penny. The sell is huge so I doubt it is IS!

• @dannypea Salah was just an example I picked out of the top players based on current price.

My point was that the current top value player prices become more attractive with a divs increase, it won't necessarily increase thier current value.

• @DW but it has to be an example based on form? IF playing well... at the top of the game and from a fair starting point when comparing the player is improved from now to say how he was this time last year, last month, last week etc then fair enough... his price should be above what it was way back when... But Salah is a player that rose quickly and highly due to unbelieveable form and he's since fell back down to earth as folk realise he's not superman!!!

My point with all this.... players falling in value is perhaps down to the high prices they were when playing well.. so will significantly drop when not playing so well... if a player (like Lewandowski for example) is on top form then this should be shown in his value!!!

And incidentally... Lewandowski is priced at 1 year high rising by over 70% in just 3 months!!!!!!

My point.... there are valid reasons for these 'top' players not rising and rising 'just because'....

• @dannypea said in Has confidence really been restored?:

@DW Mo Salah was 4.92 after scoring in the Champions League final... He since had a pretty crap African Nations Cup (for his standards) and has been outscored this season by his team-mate Sadio Mane (not sure how many DIVS he's won in that time though)... Now not saying he 'shouldn't' be higher in value now than he was back then but I think if he was scoring goals every game then he would have more chance of returning higher capital appreciation as more would be buying into him!!!

Compare him for example to Sadio Mane who back in June was priced 2.48 to now being at 2.99 then we see why people are perhaps selling or not buying Salah and instead opting for players that 'are' performing above the expected levels.

I think YES Salah is worth £4.50 right now.... and compare him to Neymar he should probably be priced at no more than £1/£1.50 lower than him at the top of the index... BUT he also isn't worth £1.50 more than Sadio Mane so I feel the market is still in a time of adjustment rather than panic as we are still in it's infancy as people work out what works and what doesn't through appreciation + dividend return.

I got rid of my hold in Salah because he had tanked. In preseason I made hundreds from him because he was high in green despite the underwhelming ACON. When the season began, I thought he would continue in green as he is one of the top players in the PL. He hasn't been playing badly and has scored some goals despite being overshadowed by Mane. The Index doesn't make sense for some players which is why some has pulled money out of the platform.