5% bonus

• Do we think most people went all in on the 10% bonus and have not considered the 5% or do we think we will see a surge towards the 18th

• Think most people will wait for the announcement at the end of the month

• The 5% bonus is pointless. If you put money in just to get it, then you pay 2% commission anyway so that's only 3%. If you end up ISing you wipe out your 5% or even more.

Therefore I don't think many are bothering.

On the bright side, it should mean no drop as those going for the bonus won't be ones selling afterwards.

• @Tincan

Long term believers in the future of the platform, many may well have maximised their 10% allocation, will have used it because for every £1 they invest it's immediately worth £1.05 so a no brainer really. Whether that leads to a surge? I rather doubt as smart investors will not just blindly throw their money into anything, especially players that might be susceptible to drop 5%+ in any sell off.

Anyone who maximises both will have a 7.5% bonus on their £20k to come on the 18th which is a great return in just over a month, before any dividend or capital growth from players is considered. Then the dividend announcement is just another positive to look forward to, personally I just can't understand the amount of recent negativity towards FI as the returns available are incredible - there just seems no pleasing some people.

• @NewUser159387 agree with what you say, especially about Theres no pleasing some people. Why FI pander to these traders I dont know, in the long run it is unsustainable and will lead to their demise, which I think no trader wants. FI must let the market work itself out without being artificially pumped, if this means some traders lose money, well so be it

• It's a nice wee free gift. I went all in on the 10% bonus to get the £1k. Knowing the £1k was coming, I have put it in already, plus reinvested dividends, to get the extra 5% (albeit it is only £50 plus the 5% on div's, another tenner or so I estimate). When the £1k+ bonus money drops i'll withdraw that, leaving the £10k in. I can only see good growth after the dividend increase (it will be an increase overall, we will just see who we think will benefit most) and then post xmas leading into the Euros. Fully expect a 20%+ growth between now and the euros which I think is being conservative.

• @Old-Man

I've no problem with FI listening to it's users & tbf a dividend increase was inevitable given the recent growth in the platform, as they are the only thing that will drive future growth, so an increase is a win - win. I agree however a knee jerk reaction to a few Pogba holders crying because their cash machine is malfunctioning is not what's needed.

It has been clear for a while that platform focus on MB was going to be reduced & football based dividends (PB/IPD) was going to be the future. Naturally players whose price was based largely on MB were OBVIOUSLY going to suffer by having less opportunities to win & specifically players like Pogba were also going to have less wins from them (no World Cup or Mourinho to drive stories).

Dividends & the perceived chance of winning them drive prices simple; winning more leads to price rises & vica versa - market forces will eventually rule. FI need to sell the platform to new users on "buy players on their footballing ability & win dividends on their on field footballing performances" not that they might have had a new haircut, lost their dog, fallen out with the manager or their WAG's are having a twitter spat!

• Very true @NewUser159387 I even agree that occasionally FI do need to change the dividends structure to ensure it rewards more football centric achievements rather than new haircuts, or even worse the negative stories we sometimes see (neymar rape etc). Also, would making dividends a % rather than a pence amount negate the need for future changes as the top end of the market wouldn't "outgrow" the dividends? Maybe another thread?

• @Old-Man said in 5% bonus:

Very true @NewUser159387 I even agree that occasionally FI do need to change the dividends structure to ensure it rewards more football centric achievements rather than new haircuts, or even worse the negative stories we sometimes see (neymar rape etc). Also, would making dividends a % rather than a pence amount negate the need for future changes as the top end of the market wouldn't "outgrow" the dividends? Maybe another thread?

This is a fantastic idea tbf

• @NewUser159387 @Old-Man

What both of you are saying is off the mark a bit, about FI pandering to traders who are "never happy" but it has made me realise something that I'll start a new thread over to explain (titled "29th Oct announcement = bets "changed" again. " 👍