Should dividends be a %

• @dannypea said in Should dividends be a %:

mark should be removed to make trading look more attractive.... That Mike fella who comes on Talksport and preaches to Jim White about Rabbi Matondo at £1.49... or Wayne Rooney at 77p... No wonder they don't take it seriously!!!!
    If the price was 1.49 or 0.72 and dividends were paid at 0.5etc it might look slightly more intriguing?
    Don't think it will ever happen though?

I've thought for a while it should be a pence number without the decimal point - so 149 or 72 in your examples.

• I love the idea but it surely would be a disaster for FI

Let's say Neymar starts winning divs again (he's had nothing for a couple of weeks).

FI will pay out a lot of money on him because of the high price, and then others will see the returns and jump in, thus pushing the prices higher and causing FI to shell out MORE money in divs etc etc.

Great for us traders yea, but not viable unfortunately

• @kristiang85 yeah good shout!! i would be happy with that!!

• @Old-Man have a question for you seeing as you have traded, presumably the footsie? So the footsie has the footsie 100 as a measure of the market like we have the footie, but is it known how the footsie is calculated? What I'm really getting at, is should FI show more transparency as to how to footie is calculated so we can better gauge the market?

• @Ddr yes the Footsie is a specifically defined index and must be calculated accordingly. I'm sure theres websites that show you how if you're interested. So the answer is a definite yes, FI should define how the Footie is calculated

• @Ddr

0_1570698138865_Capture.PNG

The FOOTIE will be calculated in a roughly similar way but we don't know the divisor.

• @Old-Man i had thought this too but the premium players would go through the roof. I did wonder the could do something similar buy doing dividends brackets. So a top 100 player would earn a set dividend range then 100 to 200 and so on tor example the dividends for a win in PB or MB

Top 100: MB/PB. 5p
    100-200: 4p
    200-300: 3p
    300-400: 2p
    400 >. 1p

If neymar wins top forward he would earn 5p if Vardy wins top forward that day he only gets 3p

It would help those premium players to retain value as the size of the players available on the index grows

• @Shippers yes I think you're right. Its a while since I received a share dividend, guess I just got carried away a bit!! Thanks for putting me right. I think the original question is still valid though?

• @Black-wolf said in Should dividends be a %:

@Old-Man i had thought this too but the premium players would go through the roof. I did wonder the could do something similar buy doing dividends brackets. So a top 100 player would earn a set dividend range then 100 to 200 and so on tor example the dividends for a win in PB or MB

400 >. 1p

If neymar wins top forward he would earn 5p if Vardy wins top forward that day he only gets 3p

It would help those premium players to retain value as the size of the players available on the index grows

@Black-wolf maybe I'm being cynical but would you have faith in FI keeping up with this as players fluctuate between these parameters?

I do like the idea though

• @Black-wolf said in Should dividends be a %:

@Old-Man i had thought this too but the premium players would go through the roof. I did wonder the could do something similar buy doing dividends brackets. So a top 100 player would earn a set dividend range then 100 to 200 and so on tor example the dividends for a win in PB or MB

400 >. 1p

Disagree with this. Top players should be top players because they earn the more divs on a level playing field. Premium players like Neymar should retain his value because he regularly earns more than Vardy on a level playing field. Why should a 40p player have to win PB 5 times to earn the same as Neymar winning it once?

Best suggestion I have seen on this thread is basing the dividends on the strength of the footie, so if the footie increases, divs automatically go up. If the footie declines, div payouts drop.

• @MickTurbo surely it wouldnt be much different from a player moving from the squad list to the top 200

• @BradD because if that 40p player won pb 5 times he wouldnt be in the 1p bracket anymore he’d likely move up into the 3p or 4p bracket just like a top player wouldnt stay in the top bracket if he wasnt earning dividends as the ones that were would push him down

• @Black-wolf I'm not so sure mate. I think theyd need to have totally separate tabs as they currently have for the 200 and the squad. I'm the last person who should be talking about IT cos I'm stone age but from the way a squad player can spike way past the arse end of the 200 but not enter it until midnight says pretty clearly to me that theres some sort of mechanism in place whereby MB eligibility is just triggered once a player enters the 200. The increments you mention would probably have to be triggered in a similar way.

By christ I really struggled to but that together and I still dont think I've articulated it particularly well but I'm sure you can decipher my meaning

• @MickTurbo i understand what your saying 😂

• @Black-wolf I think it potentially adds confusion plus we inevitably will get players that start the day at 101 and end the day at 97 - which payout do they get? Yes FI could set rules but I just think it over-complicates things for new users and the platform should be dead simple to understand.
    We've had at least 2 posts in the last week asking why IPDs haven't been received for players in the Dutch leagues. It's proof that people don't read and the more complicated the more there is to read and the less people will understand.

• @janner73 the 101 ---> 97 thing would just have to be a midnight job like the squad--->200.

The IPD questions about the Dutch league I just think theres not much excuse there

• @janner73 said in Should dividends be a %:

@Old-Man said in Should dividends be a %:

@RU99 please try to explain why not, just one reason would be good, thx.

And @janner73 a % of the players price e.g. 300 Pogba, current price £7. If dividend was 0.1% then youd receive 0.1% x £7 x 300 = £2.10.

I feared that was what you meant. There are a number of potential problems I see with that:

1. How do you determine the price? Their price on that day? If so what time on that day as we can see huge price fluctuations on a goal.
    2. Why should I get less as a monetary amount if I've researched that 40p gem and he finally wins a treble MB day than someone holding Neymar gets when he wins?

I think percentage CAN work if they are based on the size of the market, so as an example.

FOOTIE is between 100,000 and 150,000
    PB is 6p,4p,2p (treble day, double day, single day)

FOOTIE is between 150,001 and 200,000
    PB is 9p, 6p, 3p (treble day, double day, single day)

This would allow for dividends to rise and fall with the market without the need for FI to do a review, and would give everyone clarity as to when increases kick in.

This is one of the best suggestions I've seen. It makes it fair for everyone (including FI) and encourages customers to grow the market and get friends etc to join, because the more money invested, the more we all stand to make from dividends (not just capital appreciation, as at present).

The Footie thresholds and dividend payouts may need tinkering with a bit, but the principle is there.

• @MickTurbo The problem then is you just add another deadline for PB. Midnight to determine which pool they're in, 2pm to be eligible for MB and PB, buy anytime and hold to midnight for IPDs.
    It just all seems unnecessarily over-complicated.
    All players being able to equally earn all dividends is logically fair, there just needs to be an increase to compensate for the change in odds surely.

• @janner73 all players being equally able to earn all dividends islogically fair, I agree, but it should have been that way from day 1.

Based on the admittedly small sample size weve got, it's very hard to compensate for the damage done to pogba and neymar, therefore maybe the OP is bang on and the way to redress the balance is in a percentage because to just put a penny figure on it, that would have to be fairly substantial to compensate pogba, but the same raise to somebody like Willian or fred would be disproportionately large

• @MickTurbo So I agree that the odds of winning changed and as such there needs to be an increase.
    But take all the changes out and how much more would Pogba have won this season than he currently has? The answer is very little - he just hasn't been in the media and wouldn't have been winning dividends regardless of the changes.
    As I said in another post it's very easy to put ALL of the blame on FI but to do that is not to acknowledge that even with an increase these players would have won very little this season to justify their prices.
    I think FI need to very careful to ensure that changes are made to reward good performance both in PB and MB and not just changes to prop up the top end regardless.